PDA

View Full Version : Dew 14 ounce

Vault_Dewer
06-25-2006, 10:11 PM
I went to Big Lots and they were trying to get rid of 6-packs of 14 ounce cans.(3 for $5) They were Pepsi and Dew. Dew had the old logo and it had some sports promotion on it. I would like to know how long ago these were made. What exactly did they promote.

Mr Zabe
06-25-2006, 10:19 PM
If you can, post the full codes (two lines) and we can tell you the production date and the fresh by date. The code will be on the bottom of the can.

Basically for Pepsi can products the use by date will be obvious. If you have a problem, post the codes and one of us can tell you the production date and or the fresh by date.

Good Luck
Zabe

[ 06-25-2006, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

fusion
06-25-2006, 10:25 PM
holy yikes. They were out last year! Early in the year, too.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
06-26-2006, 03:01 AM
i went there today and saw them and grabbed them too, one of each... they have fresh dates on them, and i remember them being around in stores a couple years ago... i am wondering if a pepsi bottler found a bunch of those laying around and decided to fill em and give them to biglots or what... i will get the code later tonite or tommorow

Cheer-wined
06-26-2006, 08:55 PM
I found them at a Big Lots in Elizabethton TN over the weekend. Same price. Made by PBG Columbia SC, the code is SS. They make other odd sizes like 8oz cans too.

pepsidew
06-26-2006, 09:45 PM
they had 14oz nascar cans awhile back

drpep
06-27-2006, 01:14 AM
I found a a pallet load of Pepsi 14oz cans with the World Series on them at a Big Lots in Olean, NY which is strange because I've never seen soda in a NY Big Lots and the ad that week said not for sale in states where there is container returns.

drpep
06-27-2006, 01:14 AM
I found a a pallet load of Pepsi 14oz cans with the World Series on them at a Big Lots in Olean, NY which is strange because I've never seen soda in a NY Big Lots and the ad that week said not for sale in states where there is container returns.

drpep
06-27-2006, 02:00 PM
Went back to Big Lots today and there was no Pepsi product of any kind.

treetoptom
06-27-2006, 03:15 PM
Pepsi Sports Series 14oz Collectable Cans were in WalMart at the end of last summer. There is a 8 can NASCAR Track set, a 10 can Baseball World Series set and some others:

Pepsi - (NASCAR Track) - Daytona
Pepsi - (NASCAR Track) - Michigan International Speedway
Pepsi - (Pepsi Racing/Jeff Gordon) - Jeff Gordon - 1998 Stock Car Champ
Pepsi - (Pepsi Racing/Jeff Gordon) - Jeff Gordon - 2001 Stock Car Champ
Pepsi - (Major League Baseball) - World Series #6 - 1975 - Reds vs. Red Sox
Pepsi - (Major League Baseball) - World Series #7 - 1985 - Royals vs. Cardinals
Pepsi - (Major League Baseball) - World Series #8 - ??
Pepsi - (Major League Baseball) - World Series #9 - ??
Pepsi - (Major League Baseball) - World Series #10 - ??
Diet Pepsi - (NASCAR Track) - Kansas Speedway
Diet Pepsi - (NASCAR Track) - California Speedway
Diet Pepsi - (Pepsi Racing/Jeff Gordon) - 1995 Stock Car Champ Jeff Gordon
Diet Pepsi - (Pepsi Racing/Jeff Gordon) - 1997 Stock Car Champ Jeff Gordon
Diet Pepsi - (Major League Baseball) - World Series #1 - 1903 - Pilgrims vs. Pirates
Diet Pepsi - (Major League Baseball) - World Series #2 - 1908 - Cubs vs. Tigers
Diet Pepsi - (Major League Baseball) - World Series #3 - 1956 - Yankees vs. Dodgers
Diet Pepsi - (Major League Baseball) - World Series #4 - ??
Diet Pepsi - (Major League Baseball) - World Series #5 - ??
Mountain Dew - (NASCAR Track) - Darlington Speedway
Mountain Dew - (NASCAR Track) - Talladega Speedway
Mountain Dew - (NASCAR Racer) - #19 Jeremy Mayfield Profile
Mountain Dew - (NASCAR Racer) - #9 Kasey Kanne Profile
Mountain Dew - (Dew Tour) - Chad Kagy Flip Whip (not sure about this can???)
Mountain Dew - (Dew Tour) - Chad Kagy "Fast Plant"
Mountain Dew - (Dew Tour) - Allan Cooke "Tailwhip" (with new dew logo)
Mountain Dew - (Dew Tour) - Allan Cooke "No footer can can" (not sure about this can???)
Sierra Mist - (NASCAR Track) - Homestead Speedway
Sierra Mist - (NASCAR Track) - Chicagoland Speedway
Sierra Mist - (Major League Soccer/MLS) - Freddy Adu Profile

pepsipimp
06-27-2006, 10:46 PM
In Central Ohio (G&J Territory) we had the 14oz cans as a Wal-Mart Exclusive until November/December then discontinuted. The new Wal-Mart exclusive is 12pk 12oz Bottles...

Rob The SURGE Drinker
06-28-2006, 12:52 AM
here we have plenty of things labeled "wal-mart only" in one other store... at the local woodmans, we have those 12 pack 12 oz bottles, we have slice one, we had the 14 oz cans there, and a couple other things...

fusion
06-28-2006, 02:20 AM
In some areas, they are just not going to sell through the expected cases of an exclusive package (store manager says no display, production ships too much, or whatever), so bottling management may approach their independent stores to offer them a similar deal.

popcan.org
07-12-2006, 12:12 AM
Yea, the 14oz cans were a Wal-Mart special that I was very very excited about. I drove over 100 miles to visit many different wal-marts to find different cans that I needed to complete my set. I got all the NASCAR cans, and 1/2 way through releasing the world series set of 14oz cans, Wal-Mart pull them off to start selling 12 packs of 12 oz bottles. I was very upset since I spent a lot of time gas money searching for cans, and I'm still missing some.

Around here, I have not seen them in Big Lots, but I did see them in a dollar store - 4 cans for $1, and did get 1 of the cans I needed. But I still need some more. Anyone here want to help me?

The list posted above is from my website, http://www.popcan.org (which is a little out of date), but basicly I need the world series cans - Diet Pepsi #4 & #4, and Pepsi #8, #9, & #10.

I think I'm still missing 1 or 2 of the mountain dew cans, but I will need to find out. I'm also missing the special black Jeff Gordon 14oz Pepsi can, but I'm pretty sure those were already "released", and not a supply of cans sitting in a warehouse somewhere waiting to be filled and sold.

[so to answer the original question, I believe the cans were made getting ready for this promotion, since I don't think all local Pepsi bottlers can do 14oz. cans, but that is just a guess by me. Once Wal-Mart stopped selling them, the cans were never filled with soda and probable sat in a warehouse somewhere until they are now trying to get rid of them at Big Lots & other dollar stores and such - with fresh soda in it of course.)

If anyone has any help, or would like to help me get the cans (you can even drink the soda - save the can for me), I can't pay much but will at least cover postage cost and such. Send me an e-mail if you want

drpep
07-12-2006, 01:23 AM
Cross your fingers. I may have a World Series can waiting to be returned for deposit. I will check when I get home Thurs.

drpep
07-13-2006, 10:03 PM
popcan, you have mail.

Dr. dnL
11-29-2006, 03:54 PM
14oz Pepsi cans still sitting in Big Lots as of today. Three 6packs for 5 bucks. Graphics are old, but the soda is new.

http://pbirdsnest.com/images/soda/dietpepsi_14ozcan2.jpg

mofizz
11-29-2006, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Rob The SURGE Drinker:
here we have plenty of things labeled "wal-mart only" in one other store... at the local woodmans, we have those 12 pack 12 oz bottles, we have slice one, we had the 14 oz cans there, and a couple other things... Packages like this are produced to make Wal-Mart happy but like you said they are not exclusive to them by any means.

Splashofdew
11-29-2006, 05:37 PM
I bought some of the 14oz. sports ones with Nascar on them last year,so I think they have been around for awhile.For some reason it's wierd to drink such a big can when I'm used to the 12oz.cans.Lol.

the saint
11-30-2006, 08:45 AM
The soda is fresh, big lots asked PBG if they had anything that they could run exclusively, PBG must have said "HHHMMMM, we have all these empty 14oz "exclusive walmart cans" that walmart doesn't want, why not". They were force shipped into the accounts, one pallet of each Pepsi, diet Pepsi and Dew. No pick up for damage or OOD, the product belongs to Big Lots. If they cannot sell it, THEY will throw it in the trash, supposedly.

fusion
11-30-2006, 11:14 AM
Big Lots doesn't have a problem with selling outdated merchandise. I've seen plenty of it in there.