PDA

View Full Version : Tried C2 today

drpep
06-11-2004, 09:12 PM
I snuck a C2 off the Coke delivery and gave it a try. Not bad. A bit sweeter the reg Coke and has a slight after taste. I'll be a regular customer if the price is the same as other Coke products.

Coke04
06-11-2004, 09:16 PM
I don't understand why everyone is all "C2 and Edge will fail!". I see a huge market for them-- all those people (me included) who don't want all the calories of regular, but aren't in love with diet flavor. Can't wait to try C2-- glad to hear it tastes good.

DietCokeEnthusiast
06-12-2004, 12:28 PM
I found some C2 last night at a local grocery store (not actually looking for C2, but getting glass Coke). People were giving me funny looks (I had 2 20oz. bottles of C2, a C2 8-pack, and 2 glass 6-packs of Coke).

No Soda
06-12-2004, 02:10 PM
Just tried a 20 0z C2. Not a bad taste at all, just a little weak, and lacking the "kick" aftertaste of a sugared cola. Nice looking bottle too. Wouldn't mind seeing this one succeed given all the soda I drink.

XLS_04
06-12-2004, 10:57 PM
I tried it today too, I give it a 4.3 out of 5.

The graphics look good too.

ChrisPC
06-13-2004, 06:40 PM
It's pretty good; it tastes like part Coke, part Diet Coke, and part Pepsi. Hey, that sounds familiar; New Coke is back! :D

Energydude
06-14-2004, 12:33 AM
Who is this product for????

People that want to consume only a little HFCS ???

Diet drinkers will stay where they are and crap sugar drinkers will continue to drink full crap sugar products!

A total waste of effort and money!

Energydude
06-14-2004, 12:35 AM
Dear Coke

Smarten up and make a COKE ULTRA and make it with REAL CANE SUGAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There will be a large line of people to buy at the stores!

Make your product better!!!!

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-14-2004, 04:52 PM
i agree that the c2 lacks a kick, but otherwise it's alright. i think splenda is deliberately mild, as aspartame et al have a bite to them

teamtitan512
06-15-2004, 02:50 AM
I have to say C2 is a marketing nightmare. People have seen me be pro-Coke but Pepsi's got the right idea on this one. They're using Splenda and they're using normal sizes and prices. Coke will have to go back to the drawing board if they want this to not be New Coke all over again.

As for the concept, I don't see it going over either. They're really pushing the 1/2 the carbs thing, and that's not going to do anything for the Atkins people, considering it still has 20 carbs, which is twice what most Atkins-esque meals have. Unless it tastes exactly like a regular, then it has no hope. If there's a diet aftertaste, then why consume something with 80 calories per 12 oz. than something w/0? This can work, it just has to be done so perfectly that no large corporation is going to do it right.

fusion
06-15-2004, 03:44 AM
C2 has nothing to do with Atkins. I really think that they are just riding the buzz about low carb being good for you.

Apparently this soda is cool with the Weight Watchers people -- it's only one of their "points" per can.

There are increasing numbers of people who switch between diet and regular sodas, that is a segment that they want to tap in to, and steer towards a new drink.

I do agree with the bad choice of packaging. I don't think we have the 18 packs yet -- but I see them failing big time. The 8 pack is actually nice, it's pretty light and easy to handle. But they are taped 3 together (ugh).

I wouldn't be suprised if Coke is "forced" to put it in 12pks.

karks88
06-15-2004, 03:28 PM
I tried C2 over the weekend. It was ok, better than Diet Coke. My overall opinion of its potential changed a little bit after I tasted it. However, the price hike is hard to justify. I suppose if I were on a strict diet and couldn't have regular Coke, C2 would be better than resorting to diet. Still I am sticking with the "real thing"!

Willbev
06-15-2004, 04:00 PM
Diet Rite Cola tasted better

cph
06-15-2004, 08:40 PM
I tried it yesterday....very slight aftertaste, but not bad. Certainly not nearly as much as "real" diet coke, anyway.

It's good for people who are cutting back on calories in general (as opposed to the hard-core
no carbs crowd), but don't care for the taste of diet drinks....

Is that enough of a market? We'll see....

TiffyTreat
06-22-2004, 03:35 AM
I like c2... I drink both regular coke and diet depending on my mood, so in a way by buying c2 100% of the time really wouldn't make a difference to coca-cola corp..... however, I would probably drink c2 100% of the time if it was in the vending machine at work.

BottleBoss
06-22-2004, 08:50 AM
I tried it Saturday and thought it was funny tasting, bland, watered down, and generally not that good. :(

stinkfinger
06-22-2004, 09:59 PM
Will Coke be coming out with a diet version of C2?

Coke04
06-22-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by stinkfinger:
Will Coke be coming out with a diet version of C2? You're joking, right?

fusion
06-22-2004, 10:44 PM
Sadly, I don't think he is.

There is a CF version planned for release in a few months, though.

XLS_04
06-23-2004, 01:19 AM
I am not suprised about a Caffeine Free version.
I think they should wait though about a year and see how this sells first.

fusion
06-23-2004, 01:27 AM
Well, it could very well end up like the supposed diet Red Fusion, which never saw the light of day.