PDA

View Full Version : London Coke Products

MATHA531
06-30-2006, 07:33 AM
Just got back from London once again and here is what I noticed...

1. Coke vanilla and diet coke vanilla gone.

2. Still lots of diet coke lemon and diet coke slime.

3. Diet coke cherry moderately available...some stores surprisingly did not have it including a sainsbury on charing cross rd and a tesco on Queensway I frequent.

4. Coke zero has begun to make its appearance.

Interestingly enough, bottle cap's color are much more consistant than in the USA. Diet coke lemon always has a yellow cap, diet coke slime a green cap, plain diet coke a white cap, diet coke cherry a red cap...coke zero also has a red cap (perhaps to indicate its kinship to coke)...not much of a push for coke zero thourgh it seems.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
06-30-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by MATHA531:
1. Coke vanilla and diet coke vanilla gone.My condolencies to the Coke vanilla drinkers in UK :(

[ 07-01-2006, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

da987
06-30-2006, 06:55 PM
I am only 85 miles from London, and Diet Coke with Cherry is all over here. I can still get Coke Vanilla and Diet Coke Vanilla in 2 litre bottles from my local ASDA Wal*Mart, and I can buy cans from at least 2 news agents in town. I am not sure of the sell by date on the cans although I did look at the 2 litre bottles, and they were good till December 2006.

Don't forget that Coke Zero has only been in England for about 2 weeks. And Coca-Cola Great Britain aren't the speediest. I heard that they were giving away 4 million Coke Zero samples for launch, and when I went to ASDA Wal*Mart tonight, I found 2 unopened trays of 150ml Coke Zero cans on the floor in the soda aisle. I guess Coke were there doing the sampling earlier that day and had some left over, so put them in the store. I picked up 5 cans, but the cashier had to manually input the price as the scanner did not recognise the bar code.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
06-30-2006, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by da987:
I can still get Coke Vanilla and Diet Coke Vanilla in 2 litre bottles from my local ASDA Wal*MartYou're a lucky guy... smile.gif

[ 07-02-2006, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

MATHA531
07-01-2006, 11:04 AM
...but no 500 ml bottles, right?

CCE Girlie
07-02-2006, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by MATHA531:
2.Still lots of diet coke lemon and diet coke slime. What is Diet Coke Slime???

Mr Zabe
07-02-2006, 03:24 AM
He means Diet Coke Lime. That's just his way of saying he does not like Diet Coke Lime. smile.gif

da987
07-02-2006, 06:10 AM
I have seen Coke Vanilla in 500ml bottles in Blockbuster video, but they were well past the sell by date.

Oh, and just for the record Matha, Diet Coke with Lemon has not been dicontinued. It was just the regular which was only a limited edition for last summer.

CCE Girlie
07-02-2006, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
He means Diet Coke Lime. That's just his way of saying he does not like Diet Coke Lime. smile.gif Thanks! I'm not too quick sometimes! LOL

MATHA531
07-02-2006, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by da987:

Oh, and just for the record Matha, Diet Coke with Lemon has not been dicontinued. It was just the regular which was only a limited edition for last summer. Sorry, I thought I had read diet coke with lemon was agoner in the UK...it is a goner here in the USA.

Thank your lucky stars that coca cola has not yet imposed black cherry vanilla coke and diet black cherry vanilla coke on you, it is very repulsive.

But you could use diet cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper!

The other thing, and it's a point I think I've made before, diet coke with cherry (as opposed to diet coke cherry in the US) tastes completely different, more like the cherry cough medicine I used to love to take when I was a kid but obviously none of the medicinal products.

[ 07-03-2006, 04:58 AM: Message edited by: MATHA531 ]

The Mole (UK)
07-03-2006, 02:59 PM
Yep vanilla coke is still availabe (for now).

Drinking some right now :D

Ram0n C0keah0lic
07-03-2006, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by The Mole (UK):
Yep vanilla coke is still availabe (for now).

Drinking some right now :D I envy you so much... :D

da987
07-03-2006, 05:32 PM
Diet Coke with Cherry in the UK should be renamed Cherryade with Diet Coke, I actually like it.

jobbie
07-04-2006, 05:16 PM
I live in northern england and Vanilla Cokes long gone around here, loads of Coke Zero though. 2ltr and 500ml bottles and 6 pack cans so far.

How come the UK version of Diet Cherry Coke is so different to regular Cherry Coke?

MATHA531
07-04-2006, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by jobbie:
I live in northern england and Vanilla Cokes long gone around here, loads of Coke Zero though. 2ltr and 500ml bottles and 6 pack cans so far.

How come the UK version of Diet Cherry Coke is so different to regular Cherry Coke? I don't know how cherry coke in the UK compares to cherry coke in the USA or to diet coke with cherry in teh UK but I do know diet coke with cherry in the UK has a completely different taste than diet coke cherry in the USA.