PDA

View Full Version : Who do you work for?

CCE Girlie
07-02-2006, 01:02 AM
Just out of curiousity....how many people on this forum actually work for a beverage company? Or are you just a fan of soda pop?
If you do work for a beverage company, what company?

Tons O' Fun
07-02-2006, 01:47 AM
not me i love soda i work at a Black Cat fireworks store far from the soda industry. LOL

Mr Zabe
07-02-2006, 02:21 AM
I work for Zabe Industries. smile.gif
Just a guy who can't live without his A List soda pops.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
07-02-2006, 03:47 AM
I wish I could work for Coke...

[ 07-02-2006, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

CCE Girlie
07-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Wow---I am surprise. I would have thought that a large majority of posters would work in this world.

Well, I work for Coke.

[ 07-02-2006, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: CCE Girlie ]

the saint
07-02-2006, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I work there also. :D

PepsiBlue
07-02-2006, 03:21 PM
I work at an AMC Theatres, lol.

CCE Girlie
07-02-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by the saint:
Yeah, I work there also. :D You work for Coke!?!? LOL.

Mr Zabe
07-02-2006, 05:25 PM
Heck, I'll work for two cubes of Pepsi and 5 pounds of rinsed ice. ;) :D ;)

pepsipimp
07-02-2006, 08:52 PM
gee...maybe the name gives it away but Pepsi...

Mana211
07-02-2006, 08:56 PM
I work in an IT dept for a retailer that doesn't make more than a few cents per store in profit from coke products.

The only coke product in our stores is a 20oz cold display at the end of one of the checkout lines and while I haven't seen sales numbers I can safely assume it is negligable as the display only holds about 20 bottles and doesn't really stand out...

the saint
07-03-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
Heck, I'll work for two cubes of Pepsi and 5 pounds of rinsed ice. ;) :D ;) Fly on down to ok city I will give you 5 cases of Pepsi to run my route tomorrow with all the dang ice you want. LOL

the saint
07-03-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by CCE Girlie:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by the saint:
Yeah, I work there also. :D You work for Coke!?!? LOL. </font>[/QUOTE]You mean it isn't obvious???? LOL mmmmmm NO.

SaveCitra
07-04-2006, 02:50 PM
I work at a Dairy Queen...That isn't really soda related, but we are the only place in the area that has pibb.

David J.
07-05-2006, 01:36 AM
I work at Burger King. It is a crappy job. Many of the stories you have heard are accurate. My coworkers bitch that I give them attitute -- it's not attituted -- it's initiative, because I want to work. Not spend my whole shift talking crap about others, then complaning that everyone only talks crap about each other, and then texting on their phone.

I'm in college to be a social worker. This job is good experence because it gives me experence the "population" I will be working with. Sad but true. I've stuck it out for a few years, and maybe another one.

So yeah, it's beverage related.

Mr Zabe
07-05-2006, 02:39 AM
David J,
Hang in there. I worked at Burger King to earn spending money when I was in colledge. This was over 20 years ago. It was pretty much the same as you described. I worked hard as I grew up in a family business. Slacking off was not allowed.

jobbie
07-05-2006, 05:43 AM
Im a Trading Manager for Somerfield (a UK supermarket) Ive collected coke cans and bottles since I was young, 32 now,(ever since my sister brought me a bottle from France which was different to the UK)
Ive just come back from Gran Canaria with a spanish Coke Zero and Coca-Cola Light Limon.
Well it makes me happy! lol.

Orangeman
07-05-2006, 10:48 AM
I actually do work for a beverage company - Hank's Beverages - for another three days.
Downsizing has taken over and I'kk be gone after Friday!

CStoreCatMan
07-05-2006, 11:13 AM
&lt;--- Pepsi

Ron Swedelson
07-05-2006, 11:26 AM
just got out of the beverage world...been there for 8 years with Red Bull, Jones Soda, BAWLS, Hansens, Shark, Jolt, PowerBar drink, Hanks (Great soda Orangeman, who is taking them over) Moxie, and many, many beers. Love the beverage world, but if you are unwilling to travel, the money is just not there. At least not if you are trying to raise a family of 4 in the San Francisco Bay Area.

greg
07-05-2006, 03:11 PM
I worked for PBG for years. I am now the Beverage Manager for a Sports Nutrition company.
VPX Sports

pepsidew
07-05-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Orangeman:
I actually do work for a beverage company - Hank's Beverages - for another three days.
Downsizing has taken over and I'kk be gone after Friday! that sucks, we have Hank's but i think we are getting rid of it.

i work for the blue guys

pepsidew
07-05-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by David J,:
I work at Burger King.
The BK Lounge?

Ram0n C0keah0lic
07-05-2006, 04:35 PM
Wow---I am surprise. I would have thought that a large majority of posters would work in this world.

Well, I work for Coke. Can I give you my resume? :D

Android
07-05-2006, 07:00 PM
I worked for Pepsi for a summer in like 1994. Worked my way up quickly from part time summer help to route assistant on the only remaining traditional Pepsi route in N. Colorado, then they made me a Class A merchandizer. Which I did not like because they expected, well too much. I liked the work but didn't like having to cut lots of corners and still not be able to get to the next town to do my final store in the early afternoon and have that store manager be upset with me. So I told them to take away that store so I could do a quality job on my other three, they said no. I said well I have another job offer (which I did) and left to be a mechanic.
Did that for several years, then moved to Wyoming where I'm a train operator at a coal mine.

-Andy

reset man
07-05-2006, 09:20 PM
A beverage distributor. We carry Polar soda, Cadbury soda, Boylan's, Jolt, Fiji, Iceland Springs, Boo Koo and New Leaf Tea. We're being bought out soon. I hope we land some more brands to sell when the new outfit takes over.

CCE Girlie
07-12-2006, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Ramón Cokeaholic:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by CCE Girlie:

Well, I work for Coke. Can I give you my resume? :D </font>[/QUOTE]I can't hire or fire---yet!

Ram0n C0keah0lic
07-12-2006, 01:16 AM
I can't hire or fire---yet! Thanks anyway... smile.gif

jacksmom
07-12-2006, 11:02 AM
Actually, you could say I work for my kids - I hesitate to say it this way, but I am just a stay at home mom - and the reason I work for my kids is because they run the show. Although I don't receive a paycheck, I do consider what I do work, though.

Mr Zabe
07-12-2006, 11:51 AM
Jacksmom,
IMO you have the most noble job of all of jobs.
Raising children (if you can) in a loving,caring and stimulating home is Holy in my book. You are fortunate to be a Mom employed by her children. smile.gif

[ 07-12-2006, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

jacksmom
07-13-2006, 10:42 AM
Thank you Mr. Zabe - I do consider myself fortunate, but I have to chuckle because being "employed by my children" includes the fact that there have been days when they've actually said to me, "Mom - you're fired!" - but I wouldn't be me without them! They also have a good sense of humor about my love of beverages - when we go out to eat they know that I'd be perfectly happy just to order every single kind of beverage I can think of and for-go the food!

Mr Zabe
07-13-2006, 10:47 AM
LMAO
Yes indeed you are a true beverage freak. smile.gif

[ 07-13-2006, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

chuncken
07-17-2006, 11:37 PM
I work for Pick N' Save, a local grocery store, so it is kind of beverage related. However, I'm going away to college in a few weeks, and I shall work there no more! (Woo Hoo!)

BTW, to the people who work for Coke... I want Lemon Fanta sold in the US. Please, pull some strings and make it happen.

/me sips my overpriced, amazingly awesome, Polish Fanta Lemonic

DMC
07-24-2006, 01:34 PM
My name is David, I'm 23, and i've worked for coca-cola for two years. we are actually an independent bottling company, one of the few left. Ozarks Coca-Cola/Dr. Pepper Bottling Company is our company name, and we are based out of Springfield, MO. Springfield has 3 branches; Rolla, Bolivar, and Lebanon. I work out of the lebanon branch and work in the entire lake of the ozarks region. I've been a "groundpounder" (sidebay route driver) for Coca-Cola for a year, the first year i was with Coca-Cola i was a Merchandiser and ran to grocery stores and walmarts to fill shelves and coolers. When a route opened up, i asked for it, got my cdl permit, got the position, and had a swing man run with me on my route everyday for 3 months, untill i took my cdl driving test and passed. i'm very blessed coke was patient enough to do this for me, especially in the middle of summer, when it's the busiest time of the year at the lake. it was all worth it though.

mxzebrax
07-27-2006, 01:33 PM
Well up untill last summer i worked for pepsi, in a small town, so it was never that hard. I LOVED all the free soda, it was a really cool job. The only reason i quit is cuz i didn't want to be a lifer, and they( the boss) thought i was gunna be.....( i'm 19)

greg
07-27-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by mxzebrax:
Well up untill last summer i worked for pepsi, in a small town, so it was never that hard. I LOVED all the free soda, it was a really cool job. The only reason i quit is cuz i didn't want to be a lifer, and they( the boss) thought i was gunna be.....( i'm 19) If you look at Pepsico and PBG you will find that out of most of the Fortune 500 companies these do the best at hiring from within to top Executive Positions. Pepsico/PBG has great tuition re-imbursement plans with rewards for excellance. They also offer an excellant 401K match ( with only 5 years for a FULL vested interest) , Stock Purchase Programs, Family education programs,Etc.
I know at 19 it doesn't sound "sexy" or "exciting" but once you get married, start a family , have a mortgage, incur bills,etc, it 's a damn good deal.

Being a "lifer" for Pepsico/PBG can be extremely rewarding in the end.

Mr Zabe
07-27-2006, 02:41 PM
Speaking for myself,I would have been thrilled to work for a company like Pepsi. What a great opportunity;good benefits are like gold. I'm sure the pay is good. IMO it seems the younger generation is not willing to break a sweat.

[ 07-27-2006, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

mxzebrax
07-28-2006, 01:47 PM
Well also, let's consider that we were an independent company, so i'm not sure how much we were involved with the bigs guys. And there were some people there who had been there 30 plus years(long story-- i know about the union) and were still just working in the plant. Now, i do know that they have great benefits and everything, but NO OFFENCE TO ANYONE i wanted to finish my college education, and become what i really wanted to be. The reason i quit is cuz a Teaching assistant job opened up, and thanks to that i saved a lot of money cuz it helped me find out i DON'T want to be a teacher... But they were an INCREDIBLE company to work for--- i still really miss it

rackitup
07-28-2006, 11:43 PM
I am self employed, I own a cell phone accessory co.

I have a patent pending 2 display the plug of an electrical device outside of the retail package so the consumer can plug their phone in 2 the package at the point of purchase.

My family owned conv. stores all of my life.
I did 9 years at Lipton as a sales merchandiser, and 5 years at Pepsi as a merchandiser then driver.

I have a great interest in the beverage industry, and I even have (LOL) an idea 4 a new beverage category.

DMC
07-29-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
IMO it seems the younger generation is not willing to break a sweat. i know you're not speaking for every young person, but like i said, i'm 23, and i do more than break a sweat. from the beginning part of may, to about the end of september i ALWAYS have at least 500 cases on my sidebay everyday. the lake is busy here in the summer, it's insane. on average, tuesday's i'll have about 700, wednesdays, about 600, thursdays, about 500, and fridays range anywhere from 800 to 1200 cases. i usually have two trucks on friday, it's insane. saturdays are slack off days, and i usually have around 300 or so cases.

so i bust my ass, and i bust it hard. and i LOVE it. it's a good work out.

bboy45
08-28-2006, 09:29 PM
Yeah, I work for Coke Consolidated. It is overall, good work, been there nearly four years, this after getting a degree. It pays better than a lot of jobs, could be better. Started out in bulk merchandising in grocery chains, wal marts, it was alright, pain in the ass though. Then went to the trucks and did c stores. I like that end of it a lot better to be honest, but the work is harder and not a lot of fun having 15 truck stops a day on your load sheet. It is a different kind of work is all that I can say. I can see now having been here long enough, who will make it and who won't. You have to have a lot of patience and a work ethic that is second to none.

CStoreCatMan
08-29-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by greg:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by mxzebrax:
Well up untill last summer i worked for pepsi, in a small town, so it was never that hard. I LOVED all the free soda, it was a really cool job. The only reason i quit is cuz i didn't want to be a lifer, and they( the boss) thought i was gunna be.....( i'm 19) If you look at Pepsico and PBG you will find that out of most of the Fortune 500 companies these do the best at hiring from within to top Executive Positions. Pepsico/PBG has great tuition re-imbursement plans with rewards for excellance. They also offer an excellant 401K match ( with only 5 years for a FULL vested interest) , Stock Purchase Programs, Family education programs,Etc.
I know at 19 it doesn't sound "sexy" or "exciting" but once you get married, start a family , have a mortgage, incur bills,etc, it 's a damn good deal.

Being a "lifer" for Pepsico/PBG can be extremely rewarding in the end. </font>[/QUOTE]I can back that up. I started working for Pepsi at 20 years old. I never thought about all of the benefits then...I just wanted a good paycheck. Now, 10 years later, I have a healthy 401k, a college degree (thanks to tuition reimbursement) and excellent benefits for my family. I'll take advantage of transferring to another part of the country in the next year or so. I never would have thought of any of these things at 19 or 20! I'm very thankful for the opportunities afforded to me here. Will I be a lifer? Not sure yet...but it has been a very good ride so far.

packers_usa
08-29-2006, 07:59 PM
I work for A contract Packaging Company, Lots of great products out there

OCC Georgia
08-30-2006, 10:15 AM
I own my own distribution company in Georgia. I distribute Orange County Choppers High Octane Fuel.
R

fizzflogger
09-04-2006, 08:14 PM
I'm a sales rep for Pepsi in Western Canada.

tallflip
09-04-2006, 09:07 PM
I used to work at the Everything Coca-Cola store in Las Vegas. I was there from the very first day it started up. I worked there for a bit then moved back to Los Angeles. It's a shame they closed down the museum/attraction part of it. I used to work in the store and whenever I got the chance, I would sneak up and go directly to the fountain and taste all the different drinks. Those were fun days! The great thing too was getting certain collectables before others got to them.

Ron Swedelson
09-05-2006, 11:19 AM
I loved that museum/attraction part of that facility. I went there back in 98 I think, the weekend that the Bellagio opened up in, I think it was either October or January. Anyway, the museum was awsome, and trying all the different coke flavors from around the world was awsome. Why did they close it down?

PSOmasterX77
09-05-2006, 04:18 PM
I'm a sales rep at a Wireless Zone store here. We sell Verizon Wireless phones, it's a lot of fun, I like it!

Rob The SURGE Drinker
09-05-2006, 04:46 PM
im workin for the man.

lol, jk im unemployed at the moment doing odd jobs

tallflip
09-05-2006, 10:38 PM
to answer your question Ron, from what I heard back then, the big shots at Coke decided not to move in the attractions business. I believe they wanted to concentrate on expanding their brand portfolio in terms of new products and stuff instead of having a museum or attraction showcasing their history etc. They decided to close the Vegas attraction but keep the one in Atlanta, being the headquartes for Coke and all. I too miss the place. When it started up they were actually planning more of them to be built around the US and globally as well. I remember they were looking into places such as Los Angeles and Tokyo Japan. Too bad they changes their mind. I think it would have done great.