PDA

View Full Version : Mirinda

Shatter
06-16-2004, 12:09 AM
We've just had a new soda line introduced here from Pepsi called Mirinda. It's apparently a Mexican soda line, and they're trying to get a few more hispanic soda drinkers by introducing it here. We've got Grapefruit (pink), Orange, Grape, and Strawberry. My store only carries Grapefruit and Orange right now. And they're a pretty good deal, at 79¢ a bottle. I don't know if they'll stay at that price, or if it's an introductory kind of thing.

I've just put a Grapefruit in the fridge. I'll review it once it chills down.

Shatter
06-16-2004, 06:34 AM
Quick review: It's pretty good. It's a little sweeter than white grapefruit sodas like Fanta Citrus or Squirt. It's got a good amount of carbonation, too. I like that. I'd choose Grapefruit Mirinda over Citrus, Squirt, or even Fresca.

chrisok
06-16-2004, 12:15 PM
In Oklahoma City, we have the same four flavors you do. I've only tried the pink grapefruit as well. I really liked it too. Reminded me of Fanta's pink grapefruit.

[ 06-16-2004, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: chrisok ]

cph
06-19-2004, 03:10 PM
Mirinda:Pepsi::Fanta:Coke

The Doomite
07-05-2004, 08:47 PM
I'm drinking a Pink Grapefruit Mirinda right now, and I have to say that I like it a lot. It's sweet, but not too sweet. And it doesn't have that aspartame aftertaste like Fresca does. Basically, it's got a nice, refreshing grapefruit flavor, a great beverage for summer if you ask me. The Doomite Is Out! :eek:

Shatter
07-06-2004, 03:33 AM
My store's Pepsi rep told me that the standout flavor of Mirinda is supposed to be the Strawberry one, but it's pretty hard to find. I've seen the other flavors all over the place, but I only saw Strawberry once. I wish I would have picked it up.