PDA

View Full Version : Bevnet... "another failed entry"?

ramonazo
12-11-2005, 01:40 AM
Bevnet posted another negative Coke review, now about Powerade Advance:

PowerAde Advance
ADVANCE by POWERade is a new attempt at a hybrid beverage that combines the key ingredients of sports drinks and energy drinks. Described as "hydration with a boost," ADVANCE by POWERade is designed to give active consumers an edge by delivering the same levels of B-vitamins and electrolytes found in POWERade, along with the taurine and caffeine found in energy drinks. The problem is -- we don't think the consumer will notice. If it looks like a sports drink and tastes like a sports drink -- well then it's a sports drink....Another failed entry from Coke.

Another failed entry? It haven't been released completely and C'mon!, the label is completely different from the regular Powerade, once the consumer will see it's a different version of Powerade will have the curiosity of seeing what it is, and also the advertising will help to inform the consumer about Powerade Advance, PLEASE DON'T TELL IT'S A FAILED ENTRY!

BevNet why you're always post negative reviews about Coke products? WHY??? :mad: :mad: :mad: ...

[ 12-11-2005, 12:45 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

fusion
12-11-2005, 02:01 AM
I haven't seen or heard of it being released anywhere at this time.

DJ HawaiianShirt
12-11-2005, 01:17 PM
You're surprised by this, Ramon?

SEV redface.gif

pepsidew
12-11-2005, 06:04 PM
so pepsi products have never gotten bad reviews here?

Mr Zabe
12-11-2005, 07:26 PM
Good Points indeed.
It would be cool to review new beverages based on public/popular review (a sample of consumers) than a small panel of experts,just IMO. smile.gif

[ 12-11-2005, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

drpep
12-11-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
It would be cool to review new beverages based on public/popular review (a sample of consumers) than a small panel of experts Mr Zabe, there are reviews from consumers on bevnet and you can add your own. Be aware though that some beverage's ratings come from the beverage's reps posing as Joe Consumer

[ 12-11-2005, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: drpep ]

ramonazo
12-12-2005, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
Good Points indeed.
It would be cool to review new beverages based on public/popular review (a sample of consumers) than a small panel of experts,just IMO. smile.gif You're so right Mr.Z!

Consumers will have the last word...

[ 12-11-2005, 11:56 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

iluvsurge220
12-12-2005, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by pepsidew:
so pepsi products have never gotten bad reviews here? Dude he never mentioned one word about pepsi, so why are you trying to start something?

iluvsurge220
12-12-2005, 10:03 AM
Maybe you were asking a question so if you were then Im sorry about the previous comment, but the way I take it, you are saying that he should stop complaining about coke getting bad reviews because pepsi does too. If so why couldn't you just be nice about it and say, hey pepsi products also get bad reviews on here so don't be too upset about it.

mjb1124
12-12-2005, 11:50 AM
Actually, both Coke AND Pepsi products seem to catch a lot of flack from BevNet. It seems that they're harder on "mainstream" beverages. Even when they don't really have anything bad to say in the text review, they'll still only give 3.5 stars at most. They do seem to be slightly kinder to DPSU products.

[ 12-12-2005, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: mikibacsi1124 ]

iluvsurge220
12-12-2005, 03:22 PM
Yeah I noticed this morning when I was reading some of the reviews. I was pretty disappointed with the ones I read. They only gave like 1 star or 1/2 a star to surge?? They talked bad about it and then they gave Vault 2 stars and were like, its just another attempt to take some of Mountain Dews sales, but Surge was better. They should have stuck with that. Whats the deal here? One minute they hate surge and recommend it to no one, then they rate Vault higher and say that it isnt as good as surge, and surge should have stayed. That makes absolutely no sense at all!!!

ramonazo
12-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by pepsidew:
so pepsi products have never gotten bad reviews here? About Gatorade Lemonade:
"but its fairly pronounced aftertaste sure isn’t going to make you think of fresh raspberries when you drink it"

About MD LimeWire:
"Essentially, the product tastes like your typical orange soda. Aside from the Mountain Dew label and the use of caffeine, this product doesn't really feel or taste like a Mountain Dew product. "

About MD Pitch Black:
"While there’s some okay grape flavor at the start, this product doesn’t provide so much of a sour bite as it does a sour aftertaste. We understand the sales strategy involved with rolling out limited-edition versions of a popular product like Mountain Dew, but that doesn’t mean there’s been a lot of work put into making a quality limited edition version. With a label that seems to have some Monster energy drink highlights, like the extra pointy parts of the “M” and “W.” We’re sure the 12-year-olds will love drinking it to stay up extra late for Halloween. Whether they’re still into it on Nov. 1 is another story"

About Pepsi Blue:
"This stuff is not very palatable. Basically, it tastes like someone dropped a blueberry popsicle into a can of Pepsi. It doesn't have the refreshing fizz of a regular Pepsi (which isn't even that refreshing) either, which was kind of disappointing. By all means, Pepsi has made products that are worse than Blue (we'll spare you the list), but when you need refreshment, and your only choice is a Pepsi product, Blue is simply not the best choice."

About Fruit Works:
"The major problem is that Apple Raspberry FruitWorks tastes nothing like fruit. While this may be acceptable as a treat for small children, we certainly don't see this as a product that any adult would repeatedly purchase. We sure wouldn't. It lacks in originality, quality, and juice content and, to top it off, it comes in a PET bottle."

About Pepsi One:
"While Pepsi claims that this beverage tastes just like regular Pepsi (as if that is a compliment), we disagree. This beverage tastes just like a diet beverage, only sweeter. We did not enjoy this beverage."

Mr Zabe
12-12-2005, 06:04 PM
Ok MrR..You got my attention. smile.gif

Gatorade Lemonade Flavors are an outstanding addition to the Gatorade line of drinks. I drank them during most of last summer. G.L.flavors have a clean/smooth taste; this is coming from a long time lover of Lemon Lime Gatorade. Most if not all artificially flavored drinks merely approximate natural flavors not duplicate them.

[ 12-12-2005, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

fusion
12-15-2005, 09:22 PM
I found Advance tonight -- in a store near me, distributed by Philadelphia Coke. It's from plant WK (have yet to figure out that code. They also produce KMX and some other stuff).

16oz for $.99. Two flavors: Cherry Lime and Berry.

I tried the Cherry Lime.. the taste is a little off. I like Black Cherry Lime Powerade better.

http://www.us.powerade.com/advance/

[ 12-15-2005, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

Mr Zabe
12-15-2005, 09:55 PM
Where have I been. This is the first I have heard of Advance Powerade. It looks good to me. Thanks for the heads up. If it retails for $0.99,it will give MDX a big challenge. I like powerade flavors in general.

ramonazo
12-16-2005, 12:07 AM
Now that you mention MDX, BevNet says: "The problem is -- we don't think the consumer will notice. If it looks like a sports drink and tastes like a sports drink -- well then it's a sports drink....Another failed entry from Coke."

BevNet, does MDX looks like an energy drink? No!, does MDX taste like an energy drink? No!. Looks like a soda and tastes like citrus soda according to the opinion of my buddies here who tried it! WHY DIDN'T YOU TOLD THAT MDX WAS ANOTHER FAILED ENTRY FROM PEPSI LIKE YOU DID WITH COCA-COLA? WHY?!

In a good way, I beg you, be impartial on your reviews, please!

[ 12-15-2005, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

fusion
12-16-2005, 12:10 AM
Easy, pal. It's just soda.

I'm not sure if the 99¢ price is a permanent thing. For some reason I thought it was going to retail around $1.49. And from what I read, it wasn't due out until next month, along with FT Fury (Tab Energy is due out in February).

fusion
12-16-2005, 07:01 PM
Turns out it was a pricing error. This is one of those old-schools c-store/deli type places that still stickers everything. I went back today, and they had put $1.99 price stickers over the 99¢ ones.

Oh well.