PDA

View Full Version : Diet Coke with Splenda

CCE Girlie
07-02-2006, 02:17 AM
I don't understand why coke doesn't make a Diet Coke products with Splenda. I love the no diet taste.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
07-02-2006, 04:50 AM
I tried DC Splenda during my Vegas visit and I brought one for home... Is good actually smile.gif

[ 07-02-2006, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

SamC
07-02-2006, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by CCE Girlie:
I don't understand why coke doesn't make a Diet Coke products with Splenda. Umm, Diet Coke With Splenda has been available for almost two years.

CCE Girlie
07-02-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by SamC:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by CCE Girlie:
I don't understand why coke doesn't make a Diet Coke products with Splenda. Umm, Diet Coke With Splenda has been available for almost two years. </font>[/QUOTE]oops---I meant to say ALL diet coke products with splenda! smile.gif

popologist
07-03-2006, 09:48 AM
ew! i think Diet Coke with Splenda is terrible (it tastes like lemons to me), even worse than regular Diet Coke, which isn't very good either.

the best-tasting diet soda, by far, is Coke Zero. it's still got A LOT of cola flavor and just a hint of an after taste. and the more you drink it, the less you taste it (after taste).

jmyjunk
07-03-2006, 12:34 PM
Something is not right with the product Splenda.
I have tried DC with Splenda, and it give me a head ache.

SplitLevelP
07-03-2006, 11:54 PM
it reminded me of the taste of new coke

popologist
07-04-2006, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by SplitLevelP:
it reminded me of the taste of new coke well, new coke was based on diet coke's formula... so that's probably why. ;)

personally, i think coke could've done a better job with DC w/ splenda, but was rushed by Walmart, who, basically, demanded a splenda version of diet coke.

SamC
07-04-2006, 07:57 AM
Splenda is a superior sweetener to aspertame and certainly to others. So something good with Splenda woudl be better than something good with something else. Problem is "Diet Coke" is really, as we all know, Diet "New Coke", so with the aftertaste of other sweeteners gone, you get more of the New Coke flavor, which, of course, is awful.

popologist
07-04-2006, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by SamC:
Splenda is a superior sweetener to aspertame and certainly to others. So something good with Splenda woudl be better than something good with something else. Problem is "Diet Coke" is really, as we all know, Diet "New Coke", so with the aftertaste of other sweeteners gone, you get more of the New Coke flavor, which, of course, is awful. good observation.