PDA

View Full Version : Blue Razz Blast--you're no Pepsi Blue

cph
06-19-2004, 02:41 PM
You can find Blue Razz Blast at Safeway stores (Von's in SoCal) as one of their store branded
sodas.

It had a nice blue color, and thinking it might be a replacement for Pepsi Blue, I bought it.

As it turned out, though, the blue color is just about all it had in common with Pepsi Blue....Blue Razz had very little berry aroma, and tasted more like Sprite with blue food coloring in it than anything else....

Oh well....

Shatter
06-19-2004, 11:12 PM
I bought some of that at my local Tom Thumb store a few months ago. I knew it wouldn't be anything like Pepsi Blue. But then, I still have cases of Blue sitting around just waiting for me to drink it, so I don't need a replacement just yet. :cool: Anyway, it wasn't too bad. It wasn't that remarkable, but on it's own merits i'd drink it again. You don't see too many raspberry sodas around, let alone a store brand raspberry soda. I just wish they would have carbonated it a little more. I can drink Kool-Aid if I want a flat raspberry drink.

PhillySteve
06-20-2004, 06:18 PM
I bought some thinking I could mix it with Pepsi to try to make a Blue substitute. It didn't work because the Razz Blast is extremely sweet. That and it cames out a nasty green-brown color.

Robot
06-20-2004, 06:51 PM
at the end of blues lifespan, the stuff had grown on me... so i still have like two 12 packs left and 10 or so 20oz bottles... will eventually open one up to consume, but right now, cant get myself to pop one of my precious p-blues..

Coke04
06-20-2004, 09:36 PM
Ah. Pepsi Blue. I'm going to cry just thinking about it.

I heard that Pepsi was disappointed with the 03 sales, but what were they expecting? I mean, it was hard to find it anywhere after June!

teamtitan512
06-21-2004, 11:40 PM
Giant Eagle has a Berry Blue Soda in their line, as well as a Green Apple. Never tried them, maybe I should.

TiffyTreat
06-22-2004, 02:31 AM
I thought Blue was pretty bad. Not gross but definitely not something I would ever drink again. I am not against blue soda though, Faygo Blueberry is my fave! I will buy 1000 cases if they ever get rid of that!