PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi one --> amazing stuff!

Robot
06-20-2004, 04:20 AM
recently decided to give pepsi one a chance as diet RC wasnt on sale at the local grocery... however, pepsi products were..

this stuff is great, my new diet cola!

it really does taste more like a regular non-diet cola, certainly more so than diet pepsi/dietcoke/diet rc...

anyways, i am just really excited and have been nearly chugging pepsi ones since i got them, cant believe more people arent buying this stuff, i wish people would so it would be in fountains...

amazing stuff.

XLS_04
06-20-2004, 04:27 AM
word is Pepsi One wont be around by the start of next year so stock up! Pepsi Edge is taking it's place.

chrisok
06-20-2004, 05:03 AM
Taco Bells around here did have Pepsi One in fountains for awhile, but I believe it was replaced with Code Red.

mjb1124
06-20-2004, 09:44 AM
I also had Pepsi One recently and I also have to say that it's the best diet cola I've had. I just wish they had made this the new formula for Diet Pepsi rather than a separate product, but I guess they didn't want to get into another "New Coke" situation.

Robot
06-20-2004, 10:40 AM
cancelling Pepsi One in favor of Pepsi Edge would be the worst decision ever..

pepsi edge and C2, while cool that they'll convert some people to lower sugar diets, are going to the least important of the lineups..

pepsi one gives pepsi a second diet version to try and capture marketshare with..., hell, rename it pepsi max if they have to..

i really hope its not cancelled.. for a while it seemed to be dwindling in stock and availability, but lately it seems very easy to find.

Coke04
06-20-2004, 02:52 PM
I think Diet Rite cola tastes more like a regular with the Splenda-- but you're right, I just had a Pepsi One last week, and it does taste much better than regular Diet Pepsi, which just tastes horrible. Given the choice of Pepsi One of Pepsi Edge, though, I'd go with Pepsi Edge.

Robot
06-20-2004, 04:40 PM
yah i'd go with pepsi edge too, but i am on low carb diet, and will only stick with diet sodas..

maybe i'll allow myself a C2 at some point, as I do love regular coke, but probably not... will probably just drink diet RC and Pepsi One as my colas....

Robot
06-20-2004, 04:41 PM
yah i'd go with pepsi edge too, but i am on low carb diet, and will only stick with diet sodas..

maybe i'll allow myself a C2 at some point, as I do love regular coke, but probably not... will probably just drink diet RC and Pepsi One as my colas....

mjb1124
06-20-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Jimmy O'Sullivan:

maybe i'll allow myself a C2 at some point, as I do love regular coke, but probably not... will probably just drink diet RC and Pepsi One as my colas.... Don't allow yourself any C2...you're paying more for an inferior product. Drink the Edge.

Robot
06-20-2004, 06:17 PM
in terms of regular colas, I prefer coca cola clsasic to pepsi...

in terms of diets, i prefer pepsi one to diet coke to diet pepsi..

as for mid-cals, not sure which id prefer, never having had either, but if i was going to allowe myself one as a treat, considering how well pepsi one tastes compared to regular diets, i'd probably go with the C2.

drpep
06-20-2004, 09:06 PM
After Dr Pepper, Pepsi One is my soda of choice.

Coke04
06-20-2004, 09:34 PM
Is it just me, or did Pepsi stop advertising it after the first run? It's a shame, because it's so good for a diet.

teamtitan512
06-20-2004, 10:17 PM
As for diets, they all taste pretty darn nasty to me. They ran it was different on Pepsi One, but the sweetener taste gets me every time.

I know it's becoming a low-calorie, low-carb world, but apparently people can drink basically colored bad-tasting sludge like it's water or something, and enjoy it.

ChrisPC
07-11-2004, 10:05 PM
I really like Pepsi One, but I haven't tried Edge yet. I really like C2, however.

Coke04
07-12-2004, 02:41 PM
If you liked C2, you're guaranteed to like Edge.

Robot
07-12-2004, 07:52 PM
I just had C2 the other day and it was real good; tasted just like regular coke to me..

but still, it has too many carbs for me to consider it as an option.. if i was going to treat myself to a regular coke, i'd get it, however it costs more than regular coke in its 18 and 8 pks!

Pepsi one is still the cola I am buying 12 and 24 packs of, and maybe I'll get a diet RC 12/24 pack here and there if i can find it..