PDA

View Full Version : Some help for a new guy?

NewGuy
03-25-2003, 06:20 PM
I am looking to start a specialty beverage distributing company in my area.
Where I am everything is either Coke or Pepsi. I am looking for any advice
You can offer me.

What is the minimum number of products/brands I should start with?

What is the Minimum number of people to be effective?

What categories would be best for a new independent distributor?

What categories have the best margins? Juice? Energy? Water? Soda? Tea?

Should I buy a beverage style truck in the beginning or wait?

I would appreciate any input? (except to give up the idea.)

Thanks,

NewGuy
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ron Swedelson
03-25-2003, 06:56 PM
Let me give you some very basic info first. Sell out of a truck or van as long as you can. Have a lot of money to back you up. THe beverage cash cyclone will eat up your money incredibly quick. Only start with a few good items that you can buy small on, and make good profit with. Try and go direct with suppliers who will support your deals and samples. And the most important advice would be, DON'T DO IT. Unless you like headaches, 80 hour work weeks. Little or no profit for years. If you don't know what it takes to get one started and run it succesfuly...take my advice....RUN AWAY...RUN AWAY NOW AND AS FAR AS YOU CAN...ONCE YOU START, THERE IS NO GOING BACK.

LeoBoyCA
04-08-2003, 05:33 PM
Hey New Guy:

We self distributed our Energy Drink here in CA and did quite well, but it got discouraging after a while. Now we're searching for major distribution, leaving our sales reps out of a job.

If you're at all interested in the only Non-Carbonated Energy Drink, please let me know.. We've got an easy to manage On Premise program and a ready to pour bag in box.

Let me know!

And good luck!

-M.
matt@drinkatomicx.com