PDA

View Full Version : Weird Territories boundries

Hacksaw
06-26-2004, 03:54 PM
While looking around for different bottlers, I came across this map for Swire Coca Cola:

http://www.swirecc.com/swiremap.htm

I would have thought that Reno & Flagstaff had their own, seperate bottlers. Swire goes all the way from Reno into West Nebraska, & from Richland, WA, almost to Phoenix.

fusion
06-27-2004, 11:52 PM
Their trucks (or contract haulers) must log a lot of miles between the production facilities and the sales centers. Wow.

SamC
06-30-2004, 07:24 AM
Of all of the major Coca-Cola bottlers, Swire is the oddest.

Its major business are shipping and airlines in China and the Pacific, and urban land rentals in Hong Kong. Its controled by English investors, but the stock trades only in Hong Kong. Its has Coke in Taiwan, Hong Kong, and about 1/4 of China. How it ended up with the US Rocky Mountain territory is a weird one. Its their only US investment.

Seems like a logical take over for CCE.

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-30-2004, 09:54 AM
how so? it's run very well by a very profitable company?

to me, it seems as though cce has grown about as much as it can right now. all the other players in the market are happy being indies. hell, there's bink's coca-cola up in the upper peninsula of michigan, and for god's sake, he's got a liquor distributing license as well. talk about indie. jack and coke, straight off the truck.

fusion
06-30-2004, 06:05 PM
That's the way a lot of eastern NC seems to be. You've got PBV and CCE, and the rest of the brands are handled by beer/wine guys. I saw at least four different distributors that carried various DPSU and other brands.

I really think that Swire is just fine on its' own, like CCBCC is. CCE would probably want to come in and disco the caffeine free stuff, even though Mormons can't have caffeine. That's how CCE logic runs sometimes, it seems.

jmy007
07-01-2004, 01:20 PM
I always found it out, that at the Supermarkets in Breckenridge, Or Crested Butte, or anywhere in the Rockies near Denver, the Coke products came from Swire Coca Cola of Salt Lake.