PDA

View Full Version : Pespi Does the Right Thing

greg
07-06-2006, 09:41 AM
This has been circulating all morning.
I pulled this off Fox News.com. I know a few of you guys think it is a bogus story only for the mere fact it came from Fox News. But this is real.
Pepsi turned in 3 people who tried to sell them Coke Secrets. Good for Pepsi.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,202235,00.html

[ 07-06-2006, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: greg ]

Mr Zabe
07-06-2006, 10:41 AM
Greg,
This thread was started on 7/5/06.
"Charged With Stealing Coke Secrets"
Yours is a duplicate thread. smile.gif

Just FYI....Peace out. smile.gif

Zabe

Ram0n C0keah0lic
07-06-2006, 10:57 AM
An applause and my respects for PepsiCo... smile.gif

Ethics and legality prevailed over the desires of defeating Coke this time... this is an example of what a lot of companies should do, to report any unethical information to the authorities...

[ 07-06-2006, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

greg
07-06-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
Greg,
This thread was started on 7/5/06.
"Charged With Stealing Coke Secrets"
Yours is a duplicate thread. smile.gif

Just FYI....Peace out. smile.gif

Zabe OOPS!

Mr Zabe
07-06-2006, 02:38 PM
You can delete this thread by checking off the delete box at the top of the Full Reply Form screen. By deleting your original post, the whole thread will be deleted. smile.gif

[ 07-06-2006, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

CStoreCatMan
07-06-2006, 02:43 PM
I like this thread...especially given all the Pepsi bashing that goes on in these forums! Throw 'em a bone for doing what was right!

popologist
07-06-2006, 02:49 PM
pepsi probably had coke's secrets years ago, but... either way, still a cool story.

i wonder what the new experimental drink was though... ;)

the saint
07-06-2006, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by popologist:
pepsi probably had coke's secrets years ago, but... either way, still a cool story.

i wonder what the new experimental drink was though... ;) I could tell you if you give me $1.5 million. :D LOL

popologist
07-06-2006, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by the saint:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by popologist:

i wonder what the new experimental drink was though... ;) I could tell you if you give me $1.5 million. :D LOL </font>[/QUOTE];)

greg
07-06-2006, 05:50 PM
I think both Coke and Pepsi has their "Moles".
This was just a blatant case of stealing.
I applaud Pepsi for doing the right thing.

Or, Maybe the idea/product they were offered was so bad the were embarrassed to take it! LOL
Just kidding all you Coke fans out there.

bigrich
07-06-2006, 05:56 PM
Pepsi did the "right thing" Why did they do it? Nobody will every really know, but it was good free publicity to do the "right thing".

The King
07-07-2006, 02:41 AM
Turning these people in was just good marketing for Pepsi, and bad publicity for Coke. Pepsi looks like they did the "right" thing, while Coke looks kinda bumbling, as it takes their chief competitor to point it all out.

SamC
07-07-2006, 07:50 AM
All industrial corporations "spy" on one another. Not to learn "secret formulas" but to learn about new products, marketing relationships, new manufacturing methods, etc.

This was a group of self-appointed people. Pepsi had to turn them in.

jericho
07-07-2006, 10:26 AM
I know a few of you guys think it is a bogus story only for the mere fact it came from Fox News. But this is real.Why the heck would Fox News be Bogus? They are the highest rated cable news channel on TV. It's not like it came from some unknown news organization. Maybe you've never heard of Fox News or don't have cable TV or something, but they are a major news network.

greg
07-07-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by jericho:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />I know a few of you guys think it is a bogus story only for the mere fact it came from Fox News. But this is real.Why the heck would Fox News be Bogus? They are the highest rated cable news channel on TV. It's not like it came from some unknown news organization. Maybe you've never heard of Fox News or don't have cable TV or something, but they are a major news network. </font>[/QUOTE]I only wrote that because I once had a link to Fox News and I got railed by more than a few people saying it was probably a fabricated story since it came from Fox News.
I didn't understand it either but some people are blinded by pre concieved notions of political bias.

greg
07-07-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by bigrich:
Pepsi did the "right thing" Why did they do it? Nobody will every really know, but it was good free publicity to do the "right thing". So I guess in your World if you don't get caught then it is OK to do it?!?!?!
Morals, Morals, Morals!

Character is defined by what you do when no one is looking.

Mr Zabe
07-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Greg,
So well stated. smile.gif
Not every thing is "Dog eat dog".
Morals IMO supersede all "Dogs".

Zabe

CStoreCatMan
07-07-2006, 04:03 PM
WOOF

Android
07-08-2006, 09:51 AM
I'm a Pepsi fan, and I worked for Pepsi for a while at one point. But in this case I'm thinking that I really can't see Pepsi NOT turning these people in. How were they to know if these freelance spies weren't trying to set Pepsi up in some way? If they went for the bait, these people could have turned around and tried to blackmail Pepsi in the future. So Pepsi turning this over to the Feds is a win-win for them, and they look like the "good guys" for doing so.

-Andy

SURGE
07-15-2006, 01:37 PM
I agree with Andriod. Clearly this could have been a sting or some form of blackmail and whose to know that this formula wasnt for something crappy like Blak Zero or something. At the same time Pepsi did the right thing and frankly it doesnt really surprise me. The stuff Coke and Pepsi have been cranking out lately is mostly on par with store brand and is creativly DOA.