PDA

View Full Version : Getting Naked. Really!!!

S3
12-18-2005, 08:51 PM
Seems the folks at Naked really do like to get Naked. Read this:
Article Last Updated: 12/14/2005 06:01 PM

Naked Juice faces lawsuit
Ex-employee claims sexual harassment
City News Service
San Gabriel Valley Tribune

GLENDORA - The former marketing director of Naked Juice is suing the company on claims that she was fired after complaining of sexual harassment, heavy alcohol use and other lewd conduct by her male managers.
Julie Tarry, who was fired in August after 15 months with Naked Juice Co., alleges in her Los Angeles Superior Court complaint that the all-natural juice-maker has a "culture of hedonism and debauchery."

Messages left with a representative of the Glendora-based company were not immediately returned.

Tarry claims the president of Naked Juice and his "posse of male employees" drank alcohol heavily at company events and engaged in "sexually offensive behavior and lewd and unsafe conduct."

At one drunken company meeting, Naked Juice President Tom Hicks and other male employees exposed their bare buttocks to Tarry, badgering her to take photos of them "mooning" her, and Hicks, the plaintiff's direct supervisor, grabbed her and tried to take off her pants, the suit alleges.

Tarry claims Hicks' inner circle "could engage in any kind of lewd, vulgar, dangerous, sexually offensive and/or harassing conduct with impunity and without fear of reprisal or discipline by the company."

The men, and women who slept with them or Hicks were rewarded with preferential treatment through promotions and other benefits, the suit alleges.

On a company-chartered cruise, a male employee was offered $20 to urinate off the side of the boat, which he did, the suit states. The same employee was soon promoted and "treated as legend" for his actions, Tarry claims.

During the same retreat, another employee was photographed naked with three Naked Juice bottles "pointing upward in his crotch area," and the pictures were later distributed at work, the suit states.

Tarry, who claims she was retaliated against and then fired after lodging complaints about the alleged activities of her co-workers, is seeking unspecified monetary damages.

Hicks and other employees and Naked Juice's parent company, Connecticut-based North Castle Partners LLC, were named as defendants in the suit filed Tuesday.

Nick Laugher
12-18-2005, 08:53 PM
woah, that's some heavy stuff.

You think it's true? Or is she just bitter?

S3
12-18-2005, 08:58 PM
I've heard about the boat retreat from someone that was there. He also confirmed the major drinking at EVERY event. As for the rest, it sounds lkike there were plenty of witnesses.

Nick Laugher
12-18-2005, 09:04 PM
Well than, I'd say they're in some pretty hot water.

I never did like Naked Juice.

popologist
12-19-2005, 07:01 AM
i wonder if this would've happened if they had called it "prude juice?" ;)

Mr Zabe
12-19-2005, 07:47 AM
LMAO....Ha Ha smile.gif