PDA

View Full Version : Passover Coca-Cola now available

Bash125
04-04-2003, 12:47 AM
Stopped in my local New York style delhi/Store here in Cincinnati and they had Passover Coke in for the holiday.

For those of you how don't know this is Coke made like it used to be with sugar instead of corn syurp. (corn is not Kosher during Passover)

It is a bit sweeter and a little "fizzer". The primary thing I notice is you don't get that flim in the back of your throat after your drink it.

SplitLevelP
04-07-2003, 01:46 AM
Can anyone else confirm the the sugar in place of hfcs or sucrose in coke for passover?

fusion
04-07-2003, 07:02 PM
I can. I used to live/work in northern New Jersey, and we had Kosher Coke for Passover. I came in contact with a lot of people who wanted this soda when I worked up there.

bigrich
04-07-2003, 08:27 PM
Just went out to load up on Kosher Coke. I really love this time of year. I wish coke still sold Kosher cans, but I'll have to settle for 2L's. They are produced by CCE plant AX. Anyone know where AX is?

Bash125
04-07-2003, 09:28 PM
AX=Alexandria, VA

Look for it in Kosher markets. The place here in Cincinnati is called Bilker's
9708 Kenwood Road
Cincinnati, OH 45242
(513) 791-5600

The bottles have a yellow cap with Hebrew lettering on it. The bottles also had passover stamped on the neck of the bottle.

Only 2L bottles here in Cincinnati.

A guy on a Columbus radio station said he got 12 packs of cans. (last year)

bigrich
04-07-2003, 11:47 PM
That is the same product we have in Indianapolis. Kroger supermarkets has large displays in some stores. When we had Herbco, we had 12-pack cans that were marked with a triangle CRC. (Chicago Rabitorical Council)

drpep
04-08-2003, 10:12 PM
I remember a big media fuss several years ago when a local grocery chain brought some Kosher Pepsi up from Long Island. Must not have done well because I've never seen it since.

bigrich
04-09-2003, 01:51 AM
Coke sould bottle this stuff all year. I would gladly pay more for this quality product. This stuff even has a diffrent color fizz when you pour it in a glass.

SplitLevelP
04-09-2003, 03:48 PM
Today I found some after a wild goose chase yesterday. Iam drinking it right now. From the smell to the taste it is like a different world and I find my taste buds taken back to my youth.

RunWithDaLilGuy
04-16-2003, 11:45 AM
that was very poetic split. i want some of this. anyone seen it in northern ohio, say, anywhere within an hour-1.5hr from toledo tops?

lemme know because i really want some of this.

drpep
04-16-2003, 08:58 PM
I found some 2 liter bottles of Coke with a Kosher symbol on the cap but the ingrediants were the same as any other Coke package. No mention of sugar.

fusion
04-16-2003, 10:38 PM
The ingredients list always says "high fructose corn syrup and/or sucrose", the latter meaning sugar.

SURGE
04-17-2003, 12:22 AM
Awesome! Drinkin some from the Shopright here inNorth Jersey good stuff baby!

SplitLevelP
04-17-2003, 09:43 AM
I'm proud to say I cleaned out the store (price chopper New Hartford,ny) of all passover coke. :D

p.s. except one was was very shaken up ;)

SURGE
04-17-2003, 07:54 PM
Bought the last bottle today of both Coke and Sprite. 15 of them total. Now how will i fit them on the airplane back to minnesota?!

RunWithDaLilGuy
04-18-2003, 02:30 PM
I just called my local Coke Distributor (actually, i called my salesman). it's CCE-Madison Heights.

He said that they only have it in 20oz bottles but that they do have it sometimes, as it is a limited supply.

working on getting it.

davecfprez
04-20-2003, 01:39 AM
does anyone know where i could snag some of this in the NW (seattle) area ??

thx

dave

Jonsson8
04-20-2003, 08:16 AM
Sounds like it's the same as the standard Coke found in Europe then, as we never use corn syrup but always sugar in most if not all sodas, so this is the only way I personally know Coke. smile.gif

RunWithDaLilGuy
04-20-2003, 11:36 PM
i found some 2Liter's in a heavily jewish area of detroit.

plant code: KE

a yellow cap with a different grip than ones i'm familiar with. i could smell the difference.

word had it that there was kosher for passover diet coke and sprite as well, but i couldn't find any.

i did find, however, kosher for passover PEPSI in 2Liter bottles. they were in yellow 2Liter crates that said "national brand beverages" but they were the same size bucket 2Liter shells.

normal cap, normal "albany, ny" except for the blue KP in the middle of the cap.

RunWithDaLilGuy
04-21-2003, 04:32 PM
so alexandria virginia and the elmsford, new york plants were the two that made it on the east coast...

any verification that it was on the west coast at all? i'd have a hard time believing that they'd ship it cross country.