I have also noticed the Black Cherry
Vailla coke is on a decline here in the
US.I remember when BCVC came out that
Coca Cola might bring back Vanilla Coke
in the future.

Doug

MATHA531
07-09-2006, 09:04 AM
Diet coke with slime will not be missed...it and diet coke with lemon seem to still be going strong in the UK...

You think cc will admit they made a mistake and get rid of the vile bcv coke and diet bcv diet coke and bring back the much better vanilla coke and diet coke vanilla?

XLS_04
07-10-2006, 02:30 AM
would not be surprised if they got rid of it, it's not like they concentrated on marketing it much.

billygtexas
07-10-2006, 03:34 AM
I wont miss it, the diet lime was horrible.

fusion
07-10-2006, 11:13 PM
Diet Lime does really, really well for us.

Coke with Lime is now in the "big can" packaging, so I guess it's going to stay around a little longer.

fusion
07-10-2006, 11:14 PM
I always thought Vanilla Coke was way too strong. I much preferred a home-made version or one bought at a place like Waffle House.

SURGE
07-15-2006, 01:40 PM
I hear that DC w/ Lime has a real range of popularity even considering the urban leaning towords Diet. Some areas out in the boonies seem to be unable to liquidate the stuff with alot of metro areas seem to be seeing surprising sales (Cleveland and Chicago spring to mind)

On the other hand Coke w/ Lime seems to do pretty bad everywhere

golee1
07-15-2006, 05:55 PM
For us locally, Diet w/lime did really well for the first year are so. It seems to have slowed down a lot now. Coke w/lime was a loser from day one.

CCE Girlie
07-15-2006, 11:49 PM
I know that BCVC sales are down.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
07-16-2006, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by doulasc:
I have heard Coke cola with Lime has been
discontinued in other countries.In our case... true...both regular and light versions... although Coca-Cola Citra Light in 310 ml slim cans are still available at some stores here in Ags.

[ 07-16-2006, 12:22 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

DMC
07-16-2006, 12:14 PM
diet coke with lime does fantastic here in our area.

golee1
07-16-2006, 05:14 PM
Way down here. I'm not sure how much longer that stuff will be around.
Originally posted by CCE Girlie:
I know that BCVC sales are down.

[ 07-16-2006, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: golee1 ]

XLS_04
07-17-2006, 12:52 AM
Black Cherry Vanilla Coke probably would have done better if they did not pull Vanilla Coke to introduce it.

Vanilla Coke tasted alot better in my opnion, cherry Coke also tastes better than Black Cherry Vanilla Coke in my opinion.

Not sure what everyone else on here thinks as of now though.

popologist
07-17-2006, 08:04 AM
i think diet flavor variations are going to fare better than sugary ones, just because diet drinks don't taste as good, and, so, people are always trying to find a better version.

most people like their coke and pepsi the way they are, and don't have much desire to try a flavored version.

plus, shelf space is limited.

MATHA531
07-17-2006, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by XLS_04:
Black Cherry Vanilla Coke probably would have done better if they did not pull Vanilla Coke to introduce it.

Vanilla Coke tasted alot better in my opnion, cherry Coke also tastes better than Black Cherry Vanilla Coke in my opinion.

Not sure what everyone else on here thinks as of now though. You're right...there was no need to axe vanilla coke and diet vanilla coke for this garbage...couldn't people have simply mexed cherry and vanilla coke to get the taste of cherry vanilla? What they were hoping to accomplish is beyond me.

fusion
07-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Couldn't people have simply mixed vanilla syrup and Coke to create Vanilla Coke? (or sugarfree syrup and Diet Coke to create Diet Vanilla Coke?) What they were hoping to accomplish is beyond me.

Vanilla Coke's numbers were in the dumps. Made sense to get rid of a dying brand.

[ 07-17-2006, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

XLS_04
07-17-2006, 10:48 PM
Glad someone else agrees with me. Maybe the numbers were low but they were not as low as Black Cherry Vanilla Coke or Coca-Cola Lime (as much as I like Coke with Lime), those 2 brands never really were popular to begin with when they were introduced. Maybe the graphics have something to do with it, who knows.

I read the numbers before so I know Vanilla Coke sold more than Caffeine Free Coke in its last year, and they keep making Caffeine Free Coke. I think it was shelf space and to promote the bring more attention to the Black Cherry Vanilla Coke brand.

chuncken
07-17-2006, 11:45 PM
I thought it was really stupid to get rid of the Vanilla/Diet Vanilla brand. It was great... I would drink mostly diet vanilla and every once in a while treat myself to a regular vanilla coke. BCV just isn't the same.

As for coke with lime, popologist hit the nail on the head. Most people don't want to find flavor variations on normal soda, but when it comes to diet, they want more and more because diet just isn't as good.

I would be fairly upset if they killed DC with lime... I drink a 20 oz every day with my lunch, and I enjoy it a lot. If they kill that, all I have left for diet colas that I want to drink will be Coke Zero and occasionally Vault Zero.

popologist
07-18-2006, 11:36 PM
i think vanilla coke is good in theory, but... the stuff tasted awful. if they could get it to taste more like "natural" vanilla, then i'd say bring it back, reformulated.

otherwise, why bother.

Mr Zabe
07-19-2006, 01:13 AM
popologist,
I so agree with you. IMO coke vanilla soda pop has a rather bitter taste. I tried to drink it a few times. A nice sweeter robust vanilla, sort of like the old time soda fountain ones made with sweet vanilla syrup. Now that would be good. smile.gif

Ram0n C0keah0lic
07-19-2006, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by popologist:
i think vanilla coke is good in theory, but... the stuff tasted awful. if they could get it to taste more like "natural" vanilla, then i'd say bring it back, reformulated.

otherwise, why bother. I'm completely disagree... IMO natural or artificial, Vanilla Coke had a great taste... Dang, how I miss it...

fusion
07-19-2006, 01:50 PM
The vanilla "flavoring" was completely fake-tasting and overpowered the soda in the US version. The German version was 100% better, imho.

obese ninja
07-20-2006, 07:35 AM
If you took coke, and added in the vanilla syrup you can get at the supermarket, would you get Vanilla Coke, or at least somthing like it?

fusion
07-20-2006, 09:08 AM
Vanilla syrup, meaning the stuff near the coffee (Torani and/or Davinci).. not vanilla extract.

You'd get something much better than the old Vanilla Coke, in my opinion.

XLS_04
07-21-2006, 04:20 AM
Oddly, I don't like the taste of vanilla syrup in my Coke however I liked the taste of Vanilla Coke.

CCEman
07-25-2006, 07:43 PM
Vanilla Coke will be back, but only when you see eggnog! Thats right a seaonal Brand. You may remember Pepsi Spice. Samething.... 3 months a year! GP goes stright up, then they kill it before people lose intrest!

obese ninja
07-26-2006, 10:00 PM
So it'll be a seasonal now

popologist
07-27-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by CCEman:
Vanilla Coke will be back, but only when you see eggnog! Thats right a seaonal Brand. You may remember Pepsi Spice. Samething.... 3 months a year! GP goes stright up, then they kill it before people lose intrest! seasonal flavors is a good idea.

the people who like vanilla or lime or black cherry can stock up during the season.

there simply isn't room on the grocery shelf for all those flavors, and they just end up competing with one another... and then they all suffer.