PDA

View Full Version : Glass in Southern West Virginia and Kentucky.

BottleBoss
06-30-2004, 09:10 AM
Who is still bottling in glass in Southern West Virginia and Eastern Kentucky? I'm not too interested in the short fat deli bottles. Also is there a place that Dublin Dr. pepper can be found around there or in Arkansaw? I am going on a trip through these areas in 2 months and would like to get enough information to make some productive soda finding stops. Some of you fellows are farmiliar with these areas so any help would be apreciated. Thanks. Oh, I tend to buy in bulk to. (I like to go to the bottlers or warehouses for a case or two or 10 at a time.)

teamtitan512
07-01-2004, 03:14 AM
Southern West Va. is no different than Northcentral WV with Consolidated and PBG, and neither of them have anything in glass but the 8 oz. Cokes. I believe 3rd tier is DP/7Up of Beckley, and they might be your ONLY hope down there for glass.

As for KY, I don't know much about KY, but I believe CCE becomes the Coke bottler, and All-American the 3rd tier. I wouldn't expect either to have much in glass.

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-01-2004, 10:28 AM
for eastern kentucky, please refer to the coca-cola midlesboro post

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-01-2004, 10:29 AM
http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001918