PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Coke Cans

jmy007
07-01-2004, 01:15 PM
Hello All!

This is my first post here.

I have been wondering, and haven't found any answers about Olympic Coke cans in the US for 2004.

Being that Coke is a huge sponser of the olympics, and knowning that they use to produce special cans with the olympic rings and such, why, here in the US, have they not done so since 1996?

Even when the Olympics where in Salt Lake, no special cans were massed produced like they use to be. Yet all over the world, cans and bottles are allready being made for 2004 in Athens.

Any thoughts or insight?

Thanks!

teamtitan512
07-02-2004, 01:07 AM
I don't think the Olympics are that big a deal in America anymore. No one really cared about the games in Sydney, and the games in Salt Lake City became more of a complete worry about a terrorist attack.

I don't think it's enough of a draw to almost bother w/it anymore. It's a dying breed of sport, if ya ask me. In an era of professionals and big contracts, the days of amateurs training for something they love to do is becoming more of a thing of the past. I think these steroid allegations are also hurting the Olympics.

Wow, I just went really off-topic there. There might just be a delay, but I think overall, the US doesn't care that much about the Olympics, so I guess Coke sees no reason to bother.

fusion
07-02-2004, 11:24 AM
The only Olympic related things I have seen this year are a citrus Powerade (just released) and a 15 pack of 12oz Powerade bottles that are 6 red, 3 white, 6 blue. They've been out for a few months.

The Olympic rings have also started showing up on the sides of the 32oz bottles, although they are quite small.

bigrich
07-11-2004, 05:51 PM
(PR) CCE Portland has put out 8oz. "Proud Sponsor Of The 2004 U.S. Olympic Team" cans. The cans look pretty cool.

SamC
07-11-2004, 07:24 PM
I agree with teamtitan. The Olympics used to be this big deal. US vs them. With them be faux amateur steroid freak cheating communists. In sports that were cool and different in the pre-multi-channel world (remember 3 channels).

Now its just US steroid pros vs other steroid pros in stuff you see every day on ESPN2.
I'm supposed to get all worked up because some person I will never meet with the same color passport as I have beats some Canadian.

Who cares?