PDA

View Full Version : Non-Carbonated Energy

LeoBoyCA
04-08-2003, 06:36 PM
We're about to launch an on-premise program that incorporates a Ready to Pour Bag-In-Box. No gun, no cans... and no carbonation.

I'm looking for advice on how to roll this thing out with out a distributor..

Please get back to me.

Thanks

-M.
matt@drinkatomicx.com

ResQ Rob
04-08-2003, 07:42 PM
Energy drink spacebags! The glass bottle guys around here will love this one.

[ 04-08-2003, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: ResQ Rob ]

Ron Swedelson
04-08-2003, 09:31 PM
I actually like the idea. I started to come with with a similar idea when with Jones Soda. But Jones never really got off with the idea for Bag-in-the-box Whoop Ass. Price wise, it is much cheaper to produce than to create the same amount of product in a can. It saves the club money and makes them a ton more selling it like that. The only problem is you won't get recognition for your brand because no one will be carrying around your can, and people will still ask for a Red Bull and whatever when they get your brand.

ResQ Rob
04-08-2003, 09:43 PM
Keeping it cold will be a challenge as well. Although, I guess no more challenging than keeping cans cold. A box in a tabletop refrigerator will look questionable. And it will suck for bartenders to bend over and grab the box out of the normal fridge every time they need to pour a drink. Not to mention I would be bummed to see my drink come out of a box! That just hollers scrooge. There is nothing I hate more than ordering a RB, and getting Roaring Lion from the tap instead. Most employees are oblivious and still claim it's RB.

On a side note, I just got back from a trip to Canada (BC). I would order a long island iced tea, and they would pour one shot of some mystery liquor into a glass w/ Coke from the gun. WTF is that? I guess they have different visions of drinks up there. I wont even get into their laws about caffeine! Regardless, Vancouver is now on my top 5 places to live in the world, amazing people, amazing surroundings.

Ron Swedelson
04-09-2003, 01:07 PM
It would be the same function as is going into a 7-11 and getting a supper big gulp. You would still need ice to get and keep it cold, or else only the water and Co2 mixture would be it only cooling method. The actual concentrate does not need to be cooled at all. I wonder if it were cooled if it would mix the same and mess things up?

LeoBoyCA
04-09-2003, 02:47 PM
Ron-
I'm not sure you're understanding the nature of the the program. It's not a typical bag in box and it's not concentrate. It's ready to pour, no refridgeration needed.

The box will be branded of course.

-M.