PDA

View Full Version : Sprite Ice

karks88
04-09-2003, 03:04 PM
Coke trying mint-flavored Sprite

By SCOTT LEITH
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Coca-Cola is adding another new flavored drink to its lineup, this time a mint version of Sprite.

Coke will sell the new product, Sprite Ice, in Canada and Belgium. If the drink is successful, it could be offered elsewhere.

Vanilla Coke, for example, was launched in the United States last year and has since spread to many other markets around the world.

Coke also has tried a mint-flavored Sprite in Italy.

Coke's Canadian unit will introduce Sprite Ice later this month, with an ad campaign planned for May.

Coke is trying to find ways to revive sales of Sprite, which is one of the company's biggest brands worldwide. In the United States, the Coke system is preparing for a rollout of Tropical Sprite Remix, which is another flavored version of Sprite.

Pepsi, meanwhile, is preparing new soft drinks of its own: orange-flavored Mountain Dew LiveWire and Pepsi Vanilla.

Charles Wentworth Kittredge
04-09-2003, 07:22 PM
I believe this product already exists. It's called SCOPE.

Zeni
04-10-2003, 09:03 AM
Glad they finally got around to officially announcing it seeing as how it's been out for a week or so.

( Refer to my prior post for a picture http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=000048 )

Hardly tastes like scope, it's a light mint flavour, which really isn't too noticable, it just tones down the sweetness of the sprite.

teamtitan512
04-10-2003, 08:42 PM
Is this that infamous sprite blue? I saw Sprite w/the different logo in a 20 oz. display @ the checkouts in the Hagerstown, MD Super Wally a few months ago.

fusion
04-10-2003, 10:05 PM
Sprite did have a funky logo for a short time, I think it was a promotion with NBA basketball.. Before the current March Madness promo.

RunWithDaLilGuy
04-11-2003, 04:29 AM
wait. that article said, "pepsi vanilla"

pepsi ****ing vanilla? is there anything that truly, truly, says "copycat"

SURGE
04-11-2003, 12:11 PM
Yeh I think the last year or so had been really hard on Pepsi. Blue was a disaster while Nilla was a hit. None of their cores were up much xept Diet. Fridge pack hit them hard as did Powerade. They droped 7up which can't be good. And Dew saw like zero growth. New brands like Mr. Green fell flat on their faces too and Coke finally got a good ad campaign. Pepsi lost a good bit of volume while Coke increased their lead. After a few really bad years Coke seems to finally have gotten their act together. Pepsi Vanilla is a horrible idea becouse Vanilla nad Coke go together like rum and Coke. The concept just doesnt translate. Now with Pepsi moving to fridgemates/packs their are making it even more apparent that they have lost their edge.

drpep
04-11-2003, 11:04 PM
Heading to Canada in about 2 weeks. Will report on Mint Sprite.

karks88
04-12-2003, 10:42 AM
I just thought of something. Remember that old show, Laverne and Shirley? Laverne had this habit of mixing Pepsi and milk, maybe they should try that! Then, those corporate whiz kids could catch hold of that whole retro thing.

Boris
04-12-2003, 06:02 PM
...What is it with the surge? It wasnt that good, Well just alot of sugar... http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/2125165.jpg

FitzgeraldHead
04-13-2003, 12:17 PM
I think it kinda tastes like Winterfresh gum... at least the aftertaste does. I couldn't drink this all of the time, but I do like it.

davecfprez
04-20-2003, 02:42 AM
if someone up north (Van. BC) can pick me some up, i will reimburse you for your purchase... i'm here in seattle...

thx
dave

Zeni
04-21-2003, 04:38 AM
LoL, Pepsi Smuggling. :D

Zeni
04-21-2003, 04:39 AM
Sprite smuggling rather, wasn't paying attention when I hit post... don't see any way to edit it so oh well. :rolleyes:

drpep
04-21-2003, 11:30 AM
If you want to edit click the pencil and paper picture to the right of the posted on date.

Zeni
04-22-2003, 11:35 AM
LoL, thanks for the help, for some reason that .gif wasn't loading when I had posted my prior mistake topic. :confused:

chrisok
04-22-2003, 04:27 PM
Mint flavored Sprite just doesn't sound good to me. I'd have to agree with Scope assessment. I hope I get to at least try it though.

Zeni
04-23-2003, 06:24 AM
I'm on my 5th bottle since they started selling here, it's nothing like scope, personally the first few tastes and the initial smell remind me of marijuana ( I do not condone drug use or some other deterring message... be cool, stay in school. ) But after that the mint, lemon and lime meld quite well, it's quite difficult to describe, but it's got quite a "crisp" taste.
I prefer it over original sprite, mainly because the original is waaaay too sweet.

ben
03-24-2004, 03:42 AM
specking of sprite when will diet sprite change its name to sprite zero

USF SPAMMER 1
07-05-2005, 12:30 AM
Did anyone try this ****?

SPLASTiK
07-05-2005, 07:29 AM
I did and didn't like it much. It tasted like mint gum and towards the end of the can just didn't sit well with me.

Mixed once with Gin and it was ok.

[ 07-05-2005, 06:32 AM: Message edited by: SPLASTiK ]

riot
07-05-2005, 07:35 AM
drinking "mint" just doesn't seem like something i'd like. bleh.