PDA

View Full Version : Energy Drinks are for Those Who Lack Imagination

Charles Wentworth Kittredge
04-09-2003, 07:28 PM
Why not just swallow a handful of speed. Not only would the flavour be better, but you'd save a lot of shillings while you're at it.

SURGE
04-11-2003, 12:38 PM
Well I'm not sure about the lack of imaginiation but I do agree energy drinks are a waste of money and time and most of them arnt even good.

LeoBoyCA
04-11-2003, 01:28 PM
Yes I work for an energy drink company... (I thought I'd preface that before I started in.)

I used to drink Red Bull because of the thought that it would stimulate me, although I hardly noticed a difference. I hated it taste.. It was slightly chemical... a 'smarties' sort of flavor.

When I started working for Atomic-X I wasn't sure if the drink was stimulating me either, until I had drank a few of them and was up till 5am. Luckly, our drink tastes pretty good (sort of a cotton candy type).

I agree with you though, you could save $2 and get a .98 coffee and do the same thing...

ResQ Rob
04-11-2003, 05:24 PM
Why not just swallow a handful of speed Because they dont sell speed at 7-11! $2 is not that bad, just go ask people at Starbucks how much they spend on a cup of coffee, or better yet a Mocha.

You get a tangible return from drinking an energy drink, namely energy. Soda and other drinks are purely for enjoyment/habit. You can pay $5 and go to the county fair every year for the sake of riding a Farris wheel, or you can pay $30 and go to Disneyland if you are serious. You can drink soda all day to get your caffeine fix, or just drink 8oz of a soda and be set for the afternoon.

I will admit, I have never been a huge soda drinker, mostly because I never felt any positive return from drinking soda.

I consider an energy drink a healthier alternative to drinking soda all day, and definitely more healthy than drinking coffee. Personally I am willing to pay a premium for that, and so are the people who bought the 27M cans of Red Bull last year.

assclown
04-13-2003, 12:32 AM
I think if you need to be stimulated, something is seriously wrong with your life. Energy drinks are nothing more than legalized liquid speed...

ResQ Rob
04-14-2003, 03:49 PM
Assclown, do you feel the same way about coffee?

Charles Wentworth Kittredge
04-14-2003, 06:38 PM
My opinion is that coffee and energy drinks are two different beasts. The former already contains caffeine and has clasically been pitched at adults.

Energy drinks are spiked to an extreme with caffeine and pitched at kids and people 20 and under.

Caffeine in excess is a dangerous drug and energy drink makers are nothing more than cynical scumbags.

USF SPAMMER 1
07-05-2005, 12:27 AM
Here here Charlie!