PDA

View Full Version : Sierra Mist...

teamtitan512
04-09-2003, 06:59 PM
It's new here, and today while eating, I saw a Pepsi machine, and pushed the Sierra Mist button. I'm a big Sprite fan, and figured it was worth a shot. If it's supposed to taste like what I had, then it is the worst crap ever made! It tasted like seltzer water, with a funny aftertaste, something more like mold than lemon-lime. It was awful, this from a fountain in Frostburg, MD. Should I give it another shot, or is it really that bad? I'm not a big fan of 7Up but it tastes much better than that crap Pepsi just dropped it for.

T.I.A.
04-09-2003, 10:58 PM
I recently tried Sierra Mist myself, from a fountain at a Taco Bell in Charlottesville, VA. Maybe there was something wrong with the fountain, but I thought that though it seemed to have a good taste, it was incredibly sweet.

karks88
04-10-2003, 07:37 AM
It's been out here for a couple of years (I think we were a test market) but I've noticed it can vary a lot in fountains. I'm one of the few on the board who actually doesn't mind the taste, I would drink it over Sprite. That's about the only Pepsi product I can stand.

XLS_03
04-10-2003, 07:53 AM
It's been here awhile too. I don't mind it, but I like Sprite also.

Ron Swedelson
04-10-2003, 12:36 PM
I am not a sprite or 7-up fan, and I would never buy one either unless asked by a sick friend or family member. But I do enjoy sierra mist. My local movie theater just got Coke into their systems, so now I can have my Diet Coke. But for the last few years, they only had Pepsi. Sierra Mist is what I would get everytime.

teamtitan512
04-10-2003, 06:52 PM
Sierra Mist came out around 2000 or 2001 in areas where 7-Up was not a Pepsi product, like the entire state of Pennsylvania except for the Altoona area (unsure about Philadelphia), and around Washington DC. Here in Cumberland, MD like Altoona (the US 220/I-99 corridor) 7-Up was a Pepsi product until just recently when the switch occured to Sierra Mist. Until now, 7-Up was in the machines. I've always liked Sprite, and hated 7-Up. Sierra Mist in this form tasted much much much worse than 7-Up. The only Pepsi product I can even drink is Mountain Dew.....and if you go to VA, it's not even a Pepsi product on the Western side of the state.

SURGE
04-11-2003, 11:18 AM
Cant stand the stuff. Im not a big lemon lime guy but its way to sweet and makes me simply ill. Another reason I hate the stuff is how lame a knockoff it is. Its just an over advertised lemon lime disaster. I can't belive Pepsi dropped 7up for this stuff. 7up was a brand with identity and history, this stuff looks and tastes like a store brand.