PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi's new plans

fusion
04-09-2003, 09:13 PM
Coke is usually the "me too" company, but it looks like Pepsi is taking that role away from them. Today they officially announced Pepsi Vanilla, and the Fridge Mate was also mentioned in one article I read.

Terry K
04-09-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
Coke is usually the "me too" company, but it looks like Pepsi is taking that role away from them. Today they officially announced Pepsi Vanilla, and the Fridge Mate was also mentioned in one article I read.Fridge Mates are already out. They're in Wyoming already. They've been out since 2/15/03. Pics are at the salute.

fusion
04-15-2003, 08:20 PM
Ok, here's Pepsi Vanilla's logo:

http://www.beverage-digest.com/images/030411-Pepsi_Vanilla.jpg

XLS_03
04-15-2003, 08:32 PM
I like it. Looks nice and clean, hopefully this will get the Pepsi customers they lost when Vanilla Coke came out.

KanKing
04-16-2003, 08:19 AM
I hope the Vanilla taste is stronger in Pepsi than it is in Coke. It sounds good, even though it is another copy cat. Where is regular Lemon Coke?

RunWithDaLilGuy
04-16-2003, 11:39 AM
i have to admit that that logo is brilliant. i even think that vanilla coke is too sloppy and doesn't have enough solid vanilla areas (but rather thin lines and dynamic ribbons).

if only they'd do that with cherry pepsi but it seems like they're trying what coke did a few years ago...making it wild and crazy!

SURGE
04-17-2003, 12:36 AM
I like the logo but lets point out that it is easy for Pepsi to capitilize on the market that Coke has built. A year ago Vanilla colla wasnt a category, not it is getting huge. Pepsi will undoubtable produce an over advertised trainreck of a product that will no doubt be a huge success. I think the logo is on-par with Nilla Coke but no matter how pretty the bottle is the key is who was there first.