PDA

View Full Version : is coke zero addictive?

popologist
12-23-2005, 06:39 AM
people i work with are under the impression that coke zero has something "addictive" in it, and that's why they've been drinking so much of it (as compared to previous diet sodas).

personally, i doubt it.

i just think it tastes better, and, so, people tend to drink more of it.

could we have an "urban legend" in the making here? hmm. :confused:

fusion
12-23-2005, 10:21 PM
I belive it's called "caffeine."

DJ HawaiianShirt
12-24-2005, 11:38 AM
Yeah, caffeine is the most addictive substance in soda, scientifically speaking.

But alot of people think that aspertame(which is in Coke Zero) is also addictive, in that even though it's not sugar, it leaves a void in your mouth craving more sweet, at which point some people indulge in sweets, negating the fact that they drank a diet drink. Read the back of a Glaceau VitaminWater and the creators of the drink say that diet drinks are like chinese food, because they leave you "hungry" for more later.

Anyway, this could explain how once you drink a Coke Zero, one might feel that another is needed.

SEV smile.gif

Nick Laugher
12-24-2005, 03:01 PM
little known fact:
Coke Zero is actually infused with crack cocaine and black tar heroin.

DJ HawaiianShirt
12-24-2005, 09:55 PM
No wonder it's so good.

SEV ;)

mjb1124
12-25-2005, 12:34 AM
I could kind of see what you're getting at with diet soda making you crave sweets, but in my case it usually just makes me crave more diet soda.

BTW, I hope this doesn't turn into a rehash of what went on a couple months ago :rolleyes:

popologist
12-25-2005, 06:21 PM
well diet coke had aspartame and i never found that "addictive." i just think zero tastes better so people are drinking more of it because there's no guilt factor.

oh... and regarding the cocaine-thing. well, i read on wikipedia.com that, on a molecular level, there is still cocaine in coca-cola.

XLS_04
12-26-2005, 02:21 AM
sorry but anything with aspertame is a guilt factor, the reason why the people you know are drinking it is because it is still new.

DJ HawaiianShirt
12-26-2005, 02:12 PM
On a molecular level, there is also chlorine in table salt.

I don't really think that matters. The FDA is smart enough to not let a cocaine-laden drink to be sold to the masses.

SEV smile.gif