PDA

View Full Version : pepsi one vs coke zero

popologist
07-18-2006, 11:12 PM
i finally tried the splenda-sweetened pepsi one today and, while i think it tastes better than diet coke splenda and has almost no after taste, coke zero is still better (in my opinion).

to me, pepsi one (like diet pepsi) doesn't have much "cola taste". it just tastes like sweetened water for the most part. coke zero tastes like a real coke... almost.

with that said, coke could do us all a favor and fix diet coke with splenda's flavor, and get rid of that weird "lemony" taste.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
07-19-2006, 12:04 PM
I also think that Coca-Cola Zero tastes better...

mjb1124
07-19-2006, 01:31 PM
I don't care much for the new Pepsi One. The taste is just too syrupy sweet and heavy for my liking. I think the old formula was better, and I also think Coke Zero is the best diet cola I've ever tasted.

popologist
07-19-2006, 02:28 PM
the new pepsi one tasted a lot like the older one to me. but, i agree, a bit sweet. still, better than most diet colas.

the problem is, i bought a whole 12-pak, so now i have to force myself to drink it, so i can get back to my stash of coke zero. ;)

jobbie
07-19-2006, 06:19 PM
is papsi one like the uks pepsi max?

the saint
07-19-2006, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by popologist:
the new pepsi one tasted a lot like the older one to me. but, i agree, a bit sweet. still, better than most diet colas.

the problem is, i bought a whole 12-pak, so now i have to force myself to drink it, so i can get back to my stash of coke zero. ;) Take the remaining 11 cans and package to wally world and tell them that it "tastes old" and get a refund. I could not begin to tell you how many returns I have had to make over the years on this. Not to mention the 20 oz bottles that people standing in line just want a cold drink and walk straight to customer service after checking out wanting a refund instead of just drinking the damn thing.

Android
07-19-2006, 10:23 PM
I like Pepsi One, a lot better than than the old formula, and prefer it a lot over Coke Zero. But, I don't like normal Coke at all except as a mixer.
-Andy

popologist
07-19-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by jobbie:
is papsi one like the uks pepsi max? pepsi max = pepsi one (in the USA)

popologist
07-19-2006, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by the saint:
Take the remaining 11 cans and package to wally world and tell them that it "tastes old" and get a refund. thanks saint, but... like i said, it's not awful or anything. i'll just drink it.

the more i drink it though, the more i taste the dreaded "lemony" flavor i taste in diet coke with splenda... though it's much less pronounced in pepsi one. so, it must be a splenda-thing.

i'll drink most of the remaining cans, and then keep a couple around for guests, etc.