PDA

View Full Version : Diet Rite Commercial

teamtitan512
07-20-2004, 11:14 PM
I saw a Diet Rite Commercial tonight on I think the local NBC station in primetime during "Last Comic Standing", and I gotta say what a great step for DPSU to finally start advertising this brand!

This is where Pepsi and Coke can really falter, in the fact they offer little variety in their diet sodas, and offer them without Splenda, the preferred artificial sweetener these days. Although I detest diet sodas, I gotta say this a great move for them, and the future for DPSU is looking brighter everyday. It even showed the multiple flavors, Tangerine, White Grape, and either Red Raspberry or Kiwi Strawberry were shown, along with the Cola. If Diet Rite is going to be pushed, maybe an ad campaign for RC is in the works....?

karks88
07-21-2004, 04:21 PM
I've been seeing the commercial for about the past week and I really like it. I was pretty shocked that they started advertising Diet Rite. This is the perfect time to do it, with C2 and Pepsi Edge not selling all that well. I've even noticed more facings for Diet Rite in the local Giant stores around here.

DPSU should definitely be doing more to promote its brands. They have (arguably) more famous name brands than anybody, they should be bragging about it.

I've always thought that Coke should come out with a commercial showcasing how many different brands they offer but DPSU could certainly do the same. I bet the average consumer doesn't know how many big brands they own.

mjb1124
07-21-2004, 09:37 PM
I also saw the ad and I must say I was pleasantly surprised to see that DPSU is promoting Diet Rite.

drpep
07-22-2004, 10:30 AM
Its the Atkins diet that is causing Diet Rite to be promoted. About once a month the Sunday papers have coupons for Diet Rite.

mjb1124
07-22-2004, 10:59 AM
Go to the DPSU home page (dpsu.com) and you can read a press release about the new ad campaign.

fusion
07-23-2004, 06:24 PM
I saw the ad a few times as well. All the DPSU bottlers around here seem to be really putting a lot behind Diet Rite -- except for Canada Dry Delware Valley. They've still just got the cola, and it's never part of their other ads in most chains. Although I'm pretty sure that Superior Beverages has the rights to the non-cola flavors in most of their territory, though.

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-29-2004, 05:47 PM
i've been seeing al ot of diet rite displays in michigan. i was in utah, arizona and colorado all last week and i didn't hardly see it anywhere, although it was in sixpack cans on shelf at city martket's (kroger) in colorado. it seems like the west is majorly coke/pepsi.