PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Dew BAJA BLAST

Stackups Immy
07-25-2004, 06:58 PM
my friend Mermaid just found this at Taco Bell today...said its "lime" flavored dew...anyone hear anything about this?

oh, pic of the logo for it at http://www.mervernation.com

=]

[ 07-25-2004, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: Stackups Immy ]

Robot
07-25-2004, 10:39 PM
i cant wait to try it!

Shatter
07-26-2004, 02:46 AM
It sounds like it might be interesting, but I hate to go to Taco Bell....... I haven't eaten there since I found out that the tacos are made with grade D beef. I won't even tell you what the FDA lets them put in grade D beef, you'll never eat there again either.

fusion
07-26-2004, 07:37 AM
I thought they were using a higher grade now...?

Robot
07-26-2004, 02:39 PM
yah they improved their meat at some point so it was actually better than many other fast food places.

Shatter
07-26-2004, 05:21 PM
Well, that shows you how long it's been since i've eaten there. I didn't know they ever upgraded their Alpo..... I mean, taco meat. :D

Stackups Immy
07-26-2004, 05:54 PM
taco bell could literally feed me ****...as long as it tasted good and came in a tortilla...

but what the hell does the meat grade have to do with the new DEW?!?!?! lol

Tannerman
07-26-2004, 07:27 PM
What does "Baja" have to do with the flavor of lime? ;)

Robot
07-27-2004, 01:24 AM
i checked out my local taco bell, they said they wouldnt have this new mt. dew in for another few weeks...

so i went to the gas station and get a diet code red.. yummy.. wish they made diet live wire.

TiffyTreat
07-27-2004, 02:16 AM
Just tried the baja blast at my local TB. I think it is GREAT and I have no doubt that this will be around for a long time. The color is awesome, too. Like an aqua blue. I can not really describe how it tastes, I guess it is somewhat limey, like it says, but it is really freakin good, and is an excellent addition to the MD line. I personally didn't like livewire at all but I like code red and regular MD alright. This is better than all of them I think. Then again I could be just excited to see a new fountain drink. I hope that down the line it is released in cans and bottles cause it is great, and I don't want to have to go to taco bell just to get it.

[ 07-27-2004, 01:20 AM: Message edited by: TiffyTreat ]

Robot
07-27-2004, 03:01 PM
will they really be releasing this in cans or 20oz? where are the pepsi guys on this?!?

with mtdew, code red and now livewire sticking around most of the time, will they really also put out pitch black as a limited edition, and then also a baja blast in 20oz/cans?

I seriously doubt it will ever get out of taco bell.

Dr. Cherry
07-27-2004, 10:26 PM
I tried this stuff today at Taco Bell. I thought it was pretty good. I thought it tasted similar to the Sprite Tropical Remix only the color (aqua) was different.

fusion
07-27-2004, 11:32 PM
Come to think of it, I don't think we have any "Pepsi guys" on this board -- or any other i've posted on. Usually it's Coke guys, or indies.

NLE Dan
07-28-2004, 12:51 AM
Tried it today, at first they had the mix off, so it wasn't so good, but then we got the mix right, and it was great. I'll go back to Taco Bell just for this

TiffyTreat
07-28-2004, 04:27 AM
I disagree with it tasting similar to Sprite Tropical Remix. I HATED that drink. This MD one I loved. Big difference to me.

MERVERNATOR
07-28-2004, 01:45 PM
hey, Im Immys friend "Mermaid" who found this stuff this past sunday. since then Ive gone back to that 1 location twice more and in total have purchased 8 large cups of it. I think its a great new drink and you gotta hand it to Pepsi on this one.. they kept it under wraps real well. there was hardly a rummor to be heard before finding this treat.

finally yesterday the www.dewbajablast.com (http://www.dewbajablast.com) site got updated with a graphic. before that it was just a line of text. lol.

I really like it. I liked Sprite Tropical Remix too, but I dont think they tasted anything alike. if anyhting, this reminds me of dn.L with less of a strong koolaid style flavor and lots more caffeine.

[ 07-28-2004, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: MERVERNATOR ]

mello yello
07-28-2004, 04:13 PM
i can't wait to try it. i found out about it this weekend via a full page ad for it in espn mag. it said starting july 29. but it is obviously out in some places. perhaps they wanted to release it right before x games started.
has any drink ever been released like this (just at 1 place)? i don't like taco bell, but will go and just get a drink. . .or several

The Doomite
07-29-2004, 12:51 AM
Hmmmm, I wonder if I'll be able to get the new Dew flavor at the local Taco Bell back home? I'll actually be headed home for a couple weeks this weekend, and I definitely want to eat at Taco Bell sometime soon, since the nearest one where I am right now is about 20 miles away. I'm looking forward to heading to Taco Bell Sunday night, since I've always liked Taco Bell in the first place. Now, I'll have another good reason to check it out. They actually had Code Red in one of the fountains last time I was there, so you never know. The Doomite Is Out! :eek:

teamtitan512
07-29-2004, 02:46 AM
Code Red is in most Pepsi fountains around here, but rarely do I see anywhere with Pepsi fountains. Pepsi is almost a novelty at best in MD, the only place regularly having it being the KFC/Taco Bell/Pizza Hut's of the world.

Subway and Dairy Queen are both in the process of switching to Coke, and Arby's has Pepsi in about 1/3 of restaurants in this area, I'd say.

Kmart has been adding Pepsi machines replacing the Coke ones. This is a big blow to the savesurge.com people.

mjb1124
07-29-2004, 03:44 AM
Well, I tried it today, and my first impression was that it had kind of an odd taste and also that it wasn't very sweet. But shortly after I concluded that the syrup-seltzer ratio was off. So, I'm going to have to try it again before I make a final judgement. It did taste kind of similar to Tropical Remix though.

halloaaryn
07-29-2004, 04:48 AM
Does anyone know anything about MOUNTAIN DEW BLUE SHOCK? I just found this pic on a site

http://www.cool-drinks.com/Images/MtDewBlueShock.gif

Stackups Immy
07-29-2004, 05:01 AM
Blue Shock was a slurpee flavor at 7-11...it ruled tons of ass =]

[ 07-29-2004, 04:01 AM: Message edited by: Stackups Immy ]

MERVERNATOR
07-29-2004, 01:51 PM
yeah, the blue shock was good. I think the 7-11 around here still has some mix left cause every once ina while they have it still, even though it was only supposed to be out 1 or 2 summers ago.

halloaaryn
07-29-2004, 07:50 PM
More pics of MT DEW BAJA BLAST at the SALUTEtoSODA boards

Surge-n-Citra
07-29-2004, 09:20 PM
Just had it today very good. Had three refills

Robot
07-29-2004, 09:56 PM
damn, i hate being low-carb!!

i tried this and it was 99% of the carbs for my day yesterday.. but probably wont be able to drink too much more..

why cant pepsi make a diet livewire, diet pitch black and diet baja blast!!!

MERVERNATOR
07-29-2004, 11:36 PM
hey guys, the site is officially up.
www.dewbajablast.com (http://www.dewbajablast.com)

The Doomite
07-30-2004, 12:51 AM
Well, if the site isn't lying, I should be able to get Baja Blast when I get home, so I'm really looking forward to trying it. It sounds like pretty good stuff from what I've read so far on here. The Doomite Is Out! :eek:

fusion
07-30-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Jimmy O'Sullivan:

Being low carb is a choice. Suck it up.

You can't enjoy all the wonderful sodas out there on a low carb diet. It's just not gonna happen.

:D

Robot
07-30-2004, 01:09 AM
kinda.. its a choice if i want to have a job or not; being that being toned is a requirement for my job.. i'd prefer to have $$$ than not be low carb.

Originally posted by fusion:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jimmy O'Sullivan:

Being low carb is a choice. Suck it up.

You can't enjoy all the wonderful sodas out there on a low carb diet. It's just not gonna happen.

:D </font>[/QUOTE]

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-30-2004, 02:15 AM
jimmy, are you a sumpoosie model?

Robot
07-30-2004, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by RunWithDaLilGuy:
jimmy, are you a sumpoosie model? hahha yes i am..

model, yes.. sumpoosie, no.

DPDude
07-30-2004, 03:24 PM
I just tried Mountain Dew Baja Blast and I can truly say that it has an interesting flavor. Heavy on the lime. I can add that while the flavor and initial taste of the drink is nothing like Tropical Sprite Remix they both have a similar aftertaste which is what I think people are picking up. I think the flavor is dangerously close to tasting like medicine if not mixed correctly which would turn a lot of people off.

I'm not sure if this product would stand on its own the stores which is why I think Pepsi chose to release it through Taco Bell but I give Pepsi credit for at least getting out for consumers to try. I wish other soda makers would do the same for new flavors. I'm looking forwared to Pitch Black later this year.

fusion
07-30-2004, 08:36 PM
I talked to a Pepsi supervisor today, and he said they were sent a case of plain looking cans, with (if I rememeber correctly) something like "Top Secret" on them. Baja Blast was inside. I wonder if any of these cans will make their way to eBay.

mjb1124
07-31-2004, 11:35 PM
I gave the flavor another try...they seem to have gotten the mix right this time. I must say it's quite tasty. Although I haven't tried MY Melon, I did detect a bit of a melon flavor in Baja Blast. It's certainly a different, interesting flavor. Code Red is still my favorite of the Dew line extensions, but nevertheless Baja Blast is a worth addition to the Dew brand (more so than LiveWire which just tastes like extra-sweet orange soda to me, as if most orange sodas weren't sweet enough). Bring on Pitch Black!

JACK
08-01-2004, 12:02 AM
Seems like alot of you on the board like new BajaBlast....it would be VERY interesting to find out ...what were you drinking BEFORE Bajablast at Taco Bell. Are you buying Food too...or just the blast thanks...

I am going to have to try this stuff

Stackups Immy
08-01-2004, 01:19 AM
i usually eat the new potatos and caramel apple empanadas...but i always used to get a bean burrito and cinnamon thingies..but tonight i went to the bell just for dew =]

Tannerman
08-01-2004, 03:23 PM
I posted some snapshots of the large cup Baja Blast comes in at Taco Bell here (http://forums.tannerworld.com/showthread.php?t=4230)... in case anyone was interested.

Shatter
08-01-2004, 04:12 PM
My local Taco Bell is also a Pizza Hut, so I just came back from there with my large Baja Blast and a personal pepperoni pizza, along with a bag of cinnamon twists for later.

The drink is pretty good, but it isn't great. But I think mine's a little watery. Anyway, the lime flavor and the Mountain Dew flavor compliment each other pretty well. I would have to say that it's now my favorite Mountain Dew flavor, which isn't saying much. I hardly ever drink Dew.

manykats
08-01-2004, 06:06 PM
i just went to taco bell to see if they had baja blast around here they did so i tried it and in my opinion its not the greatest i think its too limey but i might go back to try it again

The Doomite
08-01-2004, 11:43 PM
Well, I got to try Baja Blast tonight, and I must say that it's not too bad. I think it's like a Sprite Remix/lime flavor mix. It's not really something I'd drink on a regular basis, but it's good for a change of pace. Nice color though. The Doomite Is Out! :eek:

teamtitan512
08-02-2004, 03:24 AM
Shatter brings up the point of Pepsi products always being watered down, and that's why I can't stand them at all.

Around here, in fountain or in anything from LE-Johnstown PBG, the taste is relatively flat, and the flavor is always weak. Coke products around here (and in my travels) seem to have a stronger flavor, as well as better carbonation. DPSU tends to vary, ABC is a little worse than the indies.

PhillySteve
08-02-2004, 11:59 AM
We're talking about a drink that is currently available only in fountains. To use this as a generalization of Pepsi products being inferior to Coke is unfair at best.

MERVERNATOR
08-03-2004, 01:53 PM
I agree.. cant judge a company by 1 fountain drink. in reality, the pepsi bottled stuff is usually much more generous in flavor in my opinion. compare cherry pepsi to cherry coke and the pepsi tastes MUCH more like something you got in the old sweet shoppes. same story with vanilla....

I was at a Taco Bell the other day getting more Blast, and they had the syrup mix way up. it was SO sweet.. but still good.

to respond to the question about Taco Bell orders... I always went to TB for Big Beef Burrito Supremes with Extra SourCream and lots of Dew... I still get the BBBS but now I also love the Cheesy Girdida Crunch... hell, I love everything there. when I know Im gonna die, TB will be my last meal.

djmousie
08-04-2004, 12:24 AM
i love new Baja Blast, i went back the other night just to grab a large soda. It was really carbonated too. I hope they release this in cans!

JACK
08-04-2004, 01:07 AM
I am still wondering what everyone was drinking BEFORE BajaBlast arrived

teamtitan512
08-04-2004, 02:34 AM
I'm saying anywhere in this area it doesn't matter what you get. Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Pepsi-produced Dr Pepper, Mountain Dew, anything, it's all nearly flat and flavorless, and in this region, tastes inferior to Coke.

BobR
08-04-2004, 04:39 AM
I thought Baja Blast was good, better then Code Red (IMO). Maybe I was lucky enough to visit a Taco Bell that had the right combination of water/syrup for the fountain.

I dont understand the "limited" Dew line. If they offered Livewire in a fountain drink, and had Baja Blast in cans, I think MD fans would all be happy.

RunWithDaLilGuy
08-04-2004, 07:13 PM
guys, i cannot tell a lie. i think baja blast is absolutely rancid. i poured out a 32er of it and went with some cherry pepsi. never been a huge dew fan by any means, but this stuff tasted like lime flavored crap.

KanKing
08-05-2004, 05:08 PM
I really liked it. Very good Lime taste. I wonder why it is only in fountains? Where is the grape M.D.?

fusion
08-05-2004, 11:50 PM
Pitch Black will be released later this month, and will be only out for 10 weeks, until Halloween.

surge_my_afterglow
08-06-2004, 11:47 PM
had baja blast last week twice smile.gif i didnt like it at first but you always have to give a soda a second chance