PDA

View Full Version : Coca-Cola WITH Lime/ Coca Cola Cherry

AzRocks
12-25-2005, 03:21 PM
Does anyone know why, out of all of Coke's flavored colas, the only one that says WITH on it is Lime, all the other ones are Coca-Cola Cherry, Diet Coke Vanilla, Diet Coke Cherry etc.

PepsiBlue
12-25-2005, 03:32 PM
I dunno why coke had to change the (insert flavor) COKE, to Coca-Cola (insert flavor)

mjb1124
12-25-2005, 06:37 PM
Just a hunch, but maybe this is supposed to imply that Coke w/ Lime is supposed to have just a hint of lime with Coke being the dominant flavor, whereas cherry is a more dominant flavor in Coke Cherry.

popologist
12-25-2005, 07:13 PM
i think it's because, in restaurants, people would order a "coke with lime" (or "with lemon")... and so... they were trying to imitate the way people ordered it.

just as... when people ordered a "cherry coke" or "vanilla coke" at a soda fountain... that's just how they said it. not "coke with cherry."

see?

mjb1124
12-25-2005, 09:44 PM
Yeah, that makes a little more sense than my theory, actually. In any case, there's definitely a reason for the distinction.

PepsiBlue
12-26-2005, 02:47 AM
"I'd like a Coca-Cola Cherry please"
I cant imagine anyone saying that.
plus where I work (AMC Theatres) our cherry coke labels are still the jungle 98 ones (and i saw the sheet of labels sent to us a momth ago, all outdated labels!)

XLS_04
12-26-2005, 03:18 AM
Nobody in the USA will ever call it a Coca-Cola cherry. I also think as I said a few weeks ago that the name Coca-Cola cherry makes it sound like there is only a hint of cherry flavor and Cherry Coke sounded like it was cherry flavored cola.

XLS_04
12-26-2005, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by PepsiBlue:
I work (AMC Theatres) our cherry coke labels are still the jungle 98 ones (and i saw the sheet of labels sent to us a momth ago, all outdated labels!) I can't imagine anyone wanting those labels! Cherry Coke's sales were at their lowest during the time those graphics were out and was revived a few years ago. I honestly think it had something to do with the graphics, and of course the way they marketed it.

Cokeologist
12-26-2005, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by popologist:
i think it's because, in restaurants, people would order a "coke with lime" (or "with lemon")... and so... they were trying to imitate the way people ordered it.

just as... when people ordered a "cherry coke" or "vanilla coke" at a soda fountain... that's just how they said it. not "coke with cherry."

see? If that is the case, then why did they change the name from "Cherry Coke" to "Coca-Cola Cherry"???

Mr Zabe
12-26-2005, 08:42 AM
Just my guess.

They changed the name to maintain brand uniformity with the other flavored coke brands.
As well the name change reinforces a Coke Product and not a Cherry Coke product. It's more a subtle way to train Coke drinkers to think that Cherry,Lime and Lemon Cokes are the same value. Using different names for a fruit flavored drinks perhaps segments a market that Coke does not want to segment.

IMO smile.gif

fusion
12-26-2005, 07:47 PM
There has been a lot of brand-building lately.. Coke moved Cherry back into the contour bottle from the bolt bottle, and changed the graphics to more resemble Classic. They also moved it out of the "flavor" part of the lineup (it was previously positioned with the fruity sodas, root beers, and so on) and into the cola part of the lineup. We put it #3, behind Classic and Vanilla (Food Lion puts all the flavored colas in one block after the diet colas, though).

Diet Come w/ Lemon is discontinued, Zabe.

Mr Zabe
12-26-2005, 07:59 PM
"Diet Come w/ Lemon is discontinued, Zabe."

Oh Lord, I hope you meant Diet Coke w/ Lemon. LOL
Maybe Coca Cola is in the fertility business. LMAO

AzRocks
12-26-2005, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by mikibacsi1124:
Just a hunch, but maybe this is supposed to imply that Coke w/ Lime is supposed to have just a hint of lime with Coke being the dominant flavor, whereas cherry is a more dominant flavor in Coke Cherry. I was thinking that too. It makes sense because its Coke w/Lime and (it was) Diet Coke with Lemon and i think it is Diet Coke with Lime.

fusion
12-26-2005, 11:16 PM
Yikes. That's a helluva typo!

popologist
12-28-2005, 03:23 AM
that's the explanation i heard too... but, in all honesty, i don't think it makes any difference. in fact, it may just confuse everyone and lead them to think that "coca-cola cherry" is different from "cherry coke."

coca-cola really needs to spend less time fiddling with things that already work and more time creating new drinks that people want... and not being so "behind the curve" on everything!!!

Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
Just my guess.

They changed the name to maintain brand uniformity with the other flavored coke brands.
As well the name change reinforces a Coke Product and not a Cherry Coke product. It's more a subtle way to train Coke drinkers to think that Cherry,Lime and Lemon Cokes are the same value. Using different names for a fruit flavored drinks perhaps segments a market that Coke does not want to segment.

IMO smile.gif