PDA

View Full Version : Dr Pepperman tries Sprite Remix

drpep
04-16-2003, 09:54 PM
Today I tried a bottle of Sprite Remix. After twisting off the cap I was greeted with a strong tropical fruit smell. The first sip brought a taste similar to Tahitian Treat. The second sip had some Sprite taste and tropical fruit taste. I finished the bottle and gave it a 3 out of 5 star rating. Both the tropical fruit taste and Sprite taste can be found in the drink. I will buy this again.

SURGE
04-17-2003, 01:19 AM
Awesome Pepperman! Where did u pick this Remix up? I'm in Jersey at the moment and if they sell it in NY I would be willing to make the trip.

teamtitan512
04-17-2003, 01:27 AM
It became available today in Western MD.

karks88
04-17-2003, 09:19 AM
I'll have to look for some at Sheetz this weekend. They always seem to be the first in my area to carry new stuff.

drpep
04-17-2003, 10:38 PM
One more thing about Sprite Remix, I think the package is awful. I hate the design and either the drink or bottle needs some color.
SURGE I got it in Corning NY which is on I86/Rt17. If for some reason your travel Rt17/I86 thru Broome, Tioga or Chemung counties stop at Express Mart and have some Surge.

T.I.A.
04-17-2003, 11:58 PM
I actually liked the clearness of the product.

I picked up a bottle in a vending machine in Charlottesville, VA today and enjoyed it during my American Literature class.

The smell was quite strong, hitting my nose even before I got the cap off, and quite pleasant. The taste also was pleasant, though the flavor did seem artificial, maybe slightly more artificial than regular Sprite.

I finished the bottle and I will buy it again, though only in the once-in-a-while manner I purchase Sprite. I would also rate it 3 out of 5.

mechanical_messiah
04-18-2003, 05:16 AM
i, too, tried the new sprite recently. i liked it a lot...

reminds me somewhat of "skittledew", an invention from myself and some friends involving mt. dew and skittles (as the name implied tongue.gif )

KanKing
04-18-2003, 09:09 AM
Yes, Yes, Sprite Remix is all around here in Maryland now. I bought some at an Exxon station. Very good stuff. Has a fruity taste to it. Too bad it was in a plastic bottle and not a can. I will buy more though.

fusion
04-18-2003, 05:49 PM
It's also available in the Philadelphia market. I grabbed one on the way home from work today. I think it's pretty good.

Mr. King, cans will be released in about a month.
:cool:

mechanical_messiah
04-18-2003, 11:22 PM
i personally like bottles, esp glass for some reason, but even plastic is pretty good.

anyway...

they have it at a local store for only 50 cents USD. and it's the 20 oz. bottles, is it cheap for you guys as well?

teamtitan512
04-23-2003, 08:50 PM
Not cheap here, no cheaper than any other Coke product. Even Wal-Mart inside the store charges $1.08 per 20 oz. bottle. Outside it's .85 but Remix hasn't hit the vending machines yet.

drpep
04-23-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by mechanical_messiah:
i, too, tried the new sprite recently. i liked it a lot...

reminds me somewhat of "skittledew", an invention from myself and some friends involving mt. dew and skittles (as the name implied tongue.gif )A co worker who tried it said it tasted like Skittles.

ben
03-24-2004, 03:38 AM
i love the taste of tropical sprite remix. its probally my fav new soda right after dr.pepper red fusion