PDA

View Full Version : Northcentral WV

teamtitan512
04-20-2003, 02:36 AM
I was in this region today (Morgantown, Fairmont, Clarksburg) and analyzed what products were available. I've confirmed Mello Yello Cherry is there in the Consolidated areas (Morgantown, Clarksburg). Other interests are the pushing by Pepsi of Mr. Green. I haven't seen DPSU so strong in a place since Winchester with Dr Pepper, 7Up, RC, Sunkist, A&W, and Canada Dry. Noted on them is the availability of both Canada Dry and Vernor's, Diet Sunkist, Big Red, and Deja Blue (none of which are offered here in weak 7Up-RC territory)

Fairmont (Marion County) is Central. I can tell you that with absolute certainty. Same products as here.

Consolidated areas had Tab and Fresca in Fridge Packs, and both Minute Maid and Fanta (Orange in MM, Orange, Grape, and Strawberry in Fanta).

teamtitan512
04-20-2003, 02:44 AM
Also noted Consolidated territory has suitcase style 24 packs, 8 pack 8 oz. cans, and 6 pack 8 oz. longneck glass bottles. Central has Pepsi cube style 24 packs.

sundrop
04-20-2003, 09:01 PM
consolidated also has the new mm lights, mm pink and regular lemonade, mm grape medley and fanta pineapple in fridgepacks
sprite remix will be in 2 liter and fridgepacks in mid may

BottleBoss
04-21-2003, 09:50 AM
Hey TeamTitan, I'm from West Virginia. What do we have available in glass bottles around there? All I ever see is Coke in the small 8 oz.

teamtitan512
04-23-2003, 07:57 PM
Well, this is in Morgantown/Fairmont/Clarksburg which is Consolidated territory. No Fanta Pineapple there, but saw the lights (Guava Citrus in 20 oz., Mango Passion in Fridge Pack. No MM Grape Medley either, they have Fanta Grape.

As for Harpers Ferry which is Central Coke, like where I live in Cumberland, nothing is really available in glass from Coke. Only little short fat 10 oz. bottles of Pepsi are here, along with Mountain Dew and Diet Pepsi, along with Schweppes. RC here makes Canada Dry in similar bottles. Tonics are also available in the glass 10 oz. bottles. Cumberland has become very conventional and boring when it comes to the products available. Everyone here has a standard line of products....except Pepsi who controls Dr Pepper locally. Before it was Coke, who had Sunkist, A&W, Schweppes, and all kinds of interesting stuff. All that changed :(

teamtitan512
04-23-2003, 07:58 PM
Well, this is in Morgantown/Fairmont/Clarksburg which is Consolidated territory. No Fanta Pineapple there, but saw the lights (Guava Citrus in 20 oz., Mango Passion in Fridge Pack. No MM Grape Medley either, they have Fanta Grape.

As for Harpers Ferry which is Central Coke, like where I live in Cumberland, nothing is really available in glass from Coke. Only little short fat 10 oz. bottles of Pepsi are here, along with Mountain Dew and Diet Pepsi, along with Schweppes. RC here makes Canada Dry in similar bottles. Tonics are also available in the glass 10 oz. bottles. Cumberland has become very conventional and boring when it comes to the products available. Everyone here has a standard line of products....except Pepsi who controls Dr Pepper locally. Before it was Coke, who had Sunkist, A&W, Schweppes, and all kinds of interesting stuff. All that changed :(

teamtitan512
04-23-2003, 07:59 PM
Sprite Remix is already in Central territory in 20 oz. as of last week.

SamC
04-26-2003, 10:18 PM
As a general rule:

The majority of WV is CCBCC, Charlotte. The exceptions are the four counties of the "northern panhandle", which was the territory of the old Pittsburgh bottler, now CCE; and the eight counties of the "eastern panhandle" and the counties of Marion (Fairmont) and Taylor (Grafton) which are Central.