PDA

View Full Version : Coca Cola Cherry sighted

jmyjunk
12-30-2005, 05:16 PM
I've seen the fridge mate packaging at all the Supermarkets now for Coca Cola Cherry. But they are filled with the old cherry coke cans design.

But now I have found the new design in 20oz bottles at 7-11. Bought one to have a good look.
Overall I give it high marks for visual appeal.
Pink lines boarder the labels, and a big picture of a cherry is just under the cola script. Though I think the "cherry" script reminds me of the old "jungle can" graphics.

The nutrition facts are for the bottle and serving.
With a 2006 copyright.

One big thing that I can get out of my head-
Coke Cherry. (which is says near the nutition label) It still does not sound right to me. I mean, that's not proper English ;)

Anybody seen the can yet?

[ 12-30-2005, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: jmyjunk ]

PepsiBlue
12-30-2005, 10:53 PM
I had a 20 oz the other day
here is the label
http://img495.imageshack.us/img495/78/cokecherry208os.gif

billygtexas
12-31-2005, 12:31 AM
Just spotted cases of it at my local Wal-Mart here in E.Texas..no diet version yet.

Thats better a looking design than that ugly "gen-X" can Coke used around 1998-2003(?).

I just wonder if they reformulated it, especally the nasty tasting diet version, or if its the same old Cherry Coke (ah Coca-Cola CHERRY).

[ 12-31-2005, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: billygtexas ]

fusion
12-31-2005, 01:20 AM
Our 12pks have that new logo, and the big can graphic on the side (I posted pics in another thread). I have seen 20oz Diet with the new logo.. but we have been out of 12pks of Diet for a while now, due to the holidays. I suspect they'll have a new look when we get them back in.

popologist
12-31-2005, 06:24 AM
i liked the way cherry coke tasted in the mid-80s. then... at some point, coke changed the taste, and i stopped drinking it. it just tasted really artificial or something.

popologist
12-31-2005, 06:26 AM
that sort of looks like the raspberry coke design i've seen. could get confusing.

billygtexas
01-01-2006, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by popologist:
i liked the way cherry coke tasted in the mid-80s. then... at some point, coke changed the taste, and i stopped drinking it. it just tasted really artificial or something. Yeah I remember being much sweeter than it is now, during the "New Coke" fiasco all I bought was Cherry Coke because it tasted the closest to "old" Coke. Mabye they used sugar instead of Corn Syrup then?

DPDude
01-03-2006, 01:08 AM
Both the diet Coke with Cherry and regular Coke with Cherry are all over the place here in Texas. They started showing up weeks ago.

BottleBoss
01-03-2006, 07:16 AM
Come on people. Whats so exciting about Coke Cherry and Cherry Coke. Is there really a difference? "They changed the name but it's all the same."

gregmech26
01-03-2006, 06:41 PM
I think they changed the flavor, but I could be wrong.

someguytyping
04-06-2006, 09:03 PM
now that they changed the name and the packaging to look like all the other core brands cherry coke and coke classic look very similar. you almost can't tell the difference if you just see coca cola on the can. and don't have it turned to see the cherry on the can. yet it's the same stuff. if they changed the formula they would've made it a selling point.