PDA

View Full Version : Birch Beer CRUSH soda???

blair
05-13-1999, 06:34 PM
I was in the grocery store yesterday and I noticed "Birch Beer" Crush brand soda... is this a new flavour, are is it just slow coming to Canada?? I noticed they were only selling single cans (for $1.00 each), so I assume this isn't going to be a huge seller, or anything like that. Can someone confirm its availability elsewhere???

Thanks,
Blair.

USF SPAMMER 1
04-16-2003, 07:45 PM
Are you sure you read the can right? I can't recall any such product...

sodadood
04-24-2003, 10:40 PM
yep... I got it right here in front of me. Birch Beer Crush - I had never heard of it before I saw it that day in the store.

sodadood
04-24-2003, 10:41 PM
yep... I got it right here in front of me. Birch Beer Crush - I had never heard of it before I saw it that day in the store.

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-25-2003, 03:59 PM
anyone else seen or heard of this stuff?

crush does some crazy stuff in canada...

there's a clear (i think vanilla creme soda), a strawberry, i think there's a red creme soda, a blueberry something or other, not to mention the orange. i once saw a green crush too, presumably apple but you never know.

in america, i've only seen:

orange
strawberry
grape
pineapple
tropical fruit punch (sparkling!)
cherry
peach

i've heard of the apple, but never have seen it before. i've also heard rumors of the diet orange soda as well.

anyone?

teamtitan512
05-25-2003, 04:36 PM
The only Crush you even see in the Mid-Atlantic is the ones in glass bottles from American Bottling in Illinois, and they're in orange, grape, and strawberry, and shipped to the Wal-Mart distribution center, and not directly distributed through a RC/DPSU bottler (none of which even have Crush anymore), not to be found anywhere else. The only Crush I've ever seen outside of these 12 oz. glass is in Central PA, and all I ever saw was orange. It's still available a little bit, but I'm unsure as to who is distributing it, RC did, but since Coke dropped Sunkist, they picked it up. It's in a small separate area in most stores w/Hires Root Beer in that region.

Shatter
05-25-2003, 04:57 PM
Are you sure that the green Crush was apple and not lime? I thought there was a Lime Crush available. An apple flavor would probably be brown, like Fanta's or Sidral Mundet.

sodadood
05-25-2003, 05:13 PM
The green Crush is definitely LIME, and as far as I know it was just brought back after a long absence here in Ontario. I haven't seen Cherry or Strawberry Crush here in years, but I know we still have Grape, Cream Soda, Diet Cream Soda, Orange and Pineapple Crush.

I have a can of the Birch Beer Crush and the Pineapple Crush because I'm a collector and I hadn't seen them around here before.

fusion
05-25-2003, 11:24 PM
In the Philadelphia area, there is a small distributor called Superior Beverages. They distribute Hires, Crush, Vernors, and some other small brands.

They do (or did) sell a diet orange, but I think only in cans and 2 liters. I don't work in their franchise territory anymore, so I am not up to date on what they carry. I do know that they get most of their stuff from Polar Beverages in MA, and some longnecks from DP West Jeff.

Terry K
05-26-2003, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by teamtitan512:
The only Crush you even see in the Mid-Atlantic is the ones in glass bottles from American Bottling in Illinois, and they're in orange, grape, and strawberry, and shipped to the Wal-Mart distribution center, and not directly distributed through a RC/DPSU bottler (none of which even have Crush anymore), not to be found anywhere else. The only Crush I've ever seen outside of these 12 oz. glass is in Central PA, and all I ever saw was orange. It's still available a little bit, but I'm unsure as to who is distributing it, RC did, but since Coke dropped Sunkist, they picked it up. It's in a small separate area in most stores w/Hires Root Beer in that region.There are some DPSU bottlers who still have Crush. ABC has it in parts of the midwest, and Admiral/Fremont has it in Wyoming.

I've even heard there's a COKE bottler who still has crush in Vermont!

teamtitan512
05-26-2003, 08:06 PM
None in this region now have Crush. Sunkist, Slice, and Minute Maid are the oranges you find. One thing that is nice though is in WV, DPSU bottles Canada Dry and Vernor's simultaneously, and around RC Winchester territory, you will find both A&W and Hires.

Crush w/Coke?? That must be an interesting bottler. I wish Coke could have done something to keep A&W and Squirt around. Squirt is almost non-existent now in this region since Herbco dropped it, before it was just about everywhere.

I'd love to know more about what products are offered in Canada, and how it differs from what we have in America. Please tell us more.

teamtitan512
05-26-2003, 08:08 PM
I thought Admiral/Fremont was the Pepsi bottler in Wyoming that created the FridgeMate package, comparable to the Coke Fridge Pack, and not a DPSU bottler. So then we have found a Pepsi bottler w/Crush? I think some PepsiAmericas territory has Crush in it as well.

sodadood
05-26-2003, 08:17 PM
Stuff in Canada... well, let's see:
Vernors Ginger Ale in regular and diet (in supply pretty much everywhere).

We've already detailed the Crush flavors.
We've got most of the Coke flavors, but not Caffeine free regular Coke (not sure why)... we've got Jones Soda, Tommyknocker, Stewart's, Red Bull, Coke & Diet Coke in 8oz. glass. We don't have the upside down 7up, but we have Tropical Splash 7up (which we've had for more than a year). We just got Sprite Ice this month and Pepsi Blue was here shortly after the US launch last year. All the same Dr Pepper here (but no Red Fusion yet). Lots of A&W Rootbeer, Tahitian Treat and some Canada Dry flavors.

No IBC, Squirt, Slice, Mr. Pibb, Pepsi One or Sierra Mist. And our Mountain Dew doesn't contain caffeine.

Other than that, I can't think of anymore. I find that we don't get much in the way of independent sodas, so in that case I just hop the border and pick up lots to sample.

Blair.

Shatter
05-27-2003, 12:37 AM
I've even heard there's a COKE bottler who still has crush in Vermont! I think the Coke bottler in New Orleans bottles Nehi. Their 20 oz. Nehi drinks were in generic 'splash' Coke bottles.

ben
03-24-2004, 01:42 AM
i dont useally buy crush orange because coca-cola dosent boattle it

CaptainOmar
05-06-2009, 09:04 PM
Birch beer crush is actually a producut of Newfoundland and labrador on the east coast of canada, there is also pineapple from there too, it is sold in Newfoundland and Novascotia, although in nova scotia it is usually a seasonal item