PDA

View Full Version : is Pepsi One still around?

popologist
12-31-2005, 07:51 AM
i remember that just before coke zero debuted that P1 was reformulated with splenda. but i haven't heard a peep out of it since.

also, there was some lady at work who used to drink it... but i haven't seen her drink it since summer. maybe she just can't find it in the city anymore. maybe i'll ask her.

anyway, i was just wondering what was P1's market share at its peak... and, then, more recently? does anyone know?

pepsidew
12-31-2005, 08:22 AM
it still sells pretty good in my area but has slowed down - we got rid of it in 20oz but still carry it in 12pks. i'm not sure what kind of future it has

nick97
12-31-2005, 11:59 PM
Around in the MS/TN areas..it's everywhere. I'm not sure how well it sells but it must do pretty good considering I've always seen up to date packages and bottles of it.

ColaFan
01-01-2006, 10:28 PM
It's my new favorite soda. I hope it does not go anywhere!.
They do however always seem to be out of it at several markets I shop at. They never seem to have enough on the shelves. I ask and it seems to be selling pretty well..... not sure whay they dont make more available.

yankees26mlb
01-01-2006, 11:16 PM
remember the tom green pepsi one ads? I loved those

Android
01-01-2006, 11:34 PM
I like the new Pepsi One and have one every day or two, and would drink more if they put it in PET 6-packs of some size or other around here, but nothing so for.

-Andy

popologist
01-02-2006, 01:47 AM
i haven't tasted the re-formulated version, but the original was pretty good. i drink coke zero now though.

sodablog
01-02-2006, 09:57 PM
I drink it all the time. Sometimes availability is poor at the store I go to, but right now I have (8) 12 packs in my trunk.

popologist
01-03-2006, 12:33 AM
anyone know what Pepsi One's market share is?

DPDude
01-03-2006, 01:45 AM
Pepsi One is alive and well in Texas. I see 2 liters of it all the time.

popologist
01-03-2006, 11:02 AM
i remember that One got a major push by Pepsi when it was introduced, then... it just sort of disappeared, until last year, when Coke introduced Zero and Diet w/ Splenda.

it will be interesting to see if One will try to take on Zero head-on... since they're both aimed at young adult males.

raresoda20
01-06-2006, 12:57 PM
i am notcing in my area that it is getting more rare.

popologist
01-06-2006, 02:29 PM
i think Pepsi One's biggest problem is that its big sister, Diet Pepsi, only sells about half as much as Diet Coke, so... it's not riding the best coattails in the industry.

basically, Coke Zero is just Coca-Cola's version of Pepsi One (a no-calorie cola aimed at males), and it remains to be seen how things will work out.

so far, Zero has gotten off to a strong start, but what remains to be seen is whether it will have staying power... and how much of Diet Coke's (and Diet Pepsi's) market share it will eat up.