PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Dew Live Wire

DietCokeEnthusiast
04-20-2003, 06:21 PM
Okay, this stuff just sucks. It sounds like either (a) something off a website, or (b) something electrically flavored (Which, from pepsi, it would make sense for them to make a crappy soda taste worse as battery acid), but this isn't a topic just to rant on how much Pepsi sucks, I have an actual question.

Is this http://www.dewcollector.com/DewTimes/Pics/Live_Wire_Label1.JPG or this http://www.salutetosoda.com/dew2.jpg the design for the logo? One is a darker red with electric shocks coming out of the words "live wire" with a bolder, more readable "ignited with orange flavor" while the other is a light orange with an almost italic "live wire" with a little electric shock (orange) above it with "orange ignited" written blurrily below it.

Many thanks,

Clarke

teamtitan512
04-23-2003, 08:12 PM
Where'd ya find it? I'm intrigued as to how it tastes. I personally think the second label, the one on the right, looks better.

If this line finds success and since it is orange, I wonder what this might do to Slice in the US, and whether the orange (the only one sold in most places) will vanish.

fusion
04-23-2003, 08:23 PM
Livewire is a limited edition drink, like Powerade Matrix. It's only available for the summer.. Matrix is supposedly only going to be out for two months, and then it will be replaced with another drink called Nitro, for the NHRA sponsorship that Powerade/Coke has.

teamtitan512
04-23-2003, 08:34 PM
What I'm saying though is what happens to Slice if its summer stint gets it permanently renewed? Does that mean Slice is canned?

DietCokeEnthusiast
04-23-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by teamtitan512:
If this line finds success and since it is orange, I wonder what this might do to Slice in the US, and whether the orange (the only one sold in most places) will vanish.Nothing, it isn't an orange soda, it is, as the label will probably say, a orange lemon lime soda (or something to that extent.

teamtitan512
04-23-2003, 08:35 PM
I was under the impression from some reviews I read that it was basically an orange soda. Guess I was misinformed. Sounds a little peculiar.

drpep
04-23-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by teamtitan512:
Does that mean Slice is canned?Orange Slice is availible in cans :D

5Hole
04-24-2003, 12:34 AM
CokeLackey1, I mean Clarke1 where did you taste it? It is not released anywhere yet. I know you probably missed the fact that you have already been asked this question and did not reply.
Your motives are not well hidden at all.
Another question, If a Coke rep took a leak in a contour bottle would it "rock" too?

[ 04-23-2003, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: 5Hole ]

DietCokeEnthusiast
04-24-2003, 04:45 PM
and I should answer your questions why? oh, because 2 or more times in there you insulted me...so, sorry, I'm not answering a single one of your questions you pepsi-loving freak

KanKing
04-24-2003, 07:03 PM
Will it be available in Cans?

Also, This crap about whether Coke is better than Pepsi is a bunch of horse****! Neither is better than the other. It's like a bunch of Hill Billys arguing over whether Fords are better than Chevys! You know, all the I'd rather push a Ford than drive a Chevy crap. I drink Coke because It's Coke. When I have a Pepsi, it doesn't taste bad either. It's all good as long as its in a can! Aluminum that is.

Oh Yea, Dr.Pepperman, Slice tastes very good in those aluminum cans to. MMMMMmmmmmmmmmm!

[ 04-24-2003, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: KanKing ]

5Hole
04-24-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by KanKing:

Also, This crap about whether Coke is better than Pepsi is a bunch of horse****! Neither is better than the other.
I will be availible in cans !! tongue.gif

Also, I totaly agree with you Kan King. Coke and Pepsi are the same type of company and most real innovation come from smaller independent companys but I have lurked here for over a year and it just seems like Pepsi is bashed all the time and noone says anything positive but Coke is praised for everything. I know that if Sprite Remix was a Pepsi product it would be getting beaten to death ala Pepsi Blue. It just gets old. I understand aspects of it but we are no more or less guilty than Coke of being a "me too" company.
For me, reading that a new product that is not even availible yet "sucks" with no facts or info at all to back it up really irritated me. I have tried Live Wire and it is a "good" product. It "feels" like Mountain Dew but has a strong orange flavor to it.
Clarke1, I am sorry for the personal insult but I don't believe that you have tried this product and it seems as if every post of yours that I have seen has had one purpose... bash Pepsi. BTW, I was not the first one that asked where you got it.

[ 04-24-2003, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: 5Hole ]

karks88
04-25-2003, 10:03 AM
Hey I think Coke and Pepsi both suck equally on many issues. I just happen to enjoy Coke products more. My main beef with these large corporations is that they could care less what consumers think and want. Instead, they try to tell us what we want.

No, I don't want no stinking (and I do mean stink) Tropical Remix, I want my SURGE and Citra back! :mad:

fizzbizz
04-26-2003, 09:26 AM
I have tasted LiveWire and it is a boring old orange. The label may say Dew but as usual the product is a disappopintment. Pepsi is king of the bad tasting new drinks. Crystal...Blue...etc

It will also be interesting to see if the Pepsi bottlers with Crush and Sunkist drop these brands if Livewire stays around. I don't think CS will allow them to sell both.

sundrop
04-26-2003, 11:28 AM
our local pepsi bottler told me that they were only going to carry livewire for 90 days because of their sunkist franchise. 2 weeks of just 20 oz and then 2 lit @ 12 pks. he said the same thing "just another boring orange".

teamtitan512
04-27-2003, 02:57 AM
I don't mean canned as in bottled....I mean canned as deleted?

If it gets popular enough and goes on permanently, Slice is gone. It's like the whole Slice Lemon Lime/Sierra Mist thing. They drop Slice for whatever else they want, and Mountain Dew holds more power than Slice. Usually they just throw in Slice for the type of drink they don't have the rights to in their region.

XLS_03
04-27-2003, 04:49 AM
well slice is caffeine free and Mountain Dew isn't so I think if anyone will take over slice's flavors grape, orange, pineapple, red, strawberry, etc... it will be Sierra Mist. Because Sierra Mist is caffeine free.

teamtitan512
04-29-2003, 06:00 PM
Thing is though why would Pepsi want to expand the concept of Sierra Piss? I know about no one who likes the stuff.

teamtitan512
04-29-2003, 06:03 PM
BTW Where does Pepsi have any Crush/Sunkist franchises? I've never seen them have either, always Orange Slice. The old Herbco area had the franchise to Sunkist, but when CCE took over, got rid of it for degrading Fanta.

sundrop
04-29-2003, 07:01 PM
some of the pepsi bottlers in north and south carolina carry sunkist

teamtitan512
04-29-2003, 09:14 PM
Didn't know that. Knew Pepsi was kind of different down south....When I got into VA, I found Sun Drop and NuGrape w/Pepsi, but that was an indie bottler. I take it the Sunkist franchise doesn't belong to PBG in that region, that it's an indie.

drpep
04-29-2003, 10:10 PM
In Syracuse,NY Clintons Ditch Co-operative which is a Pepsi bottler also bottles Crush.

fizzbizz
04-29-2003, 10:10 PM
Pepsi has Sunkist in many of the Carolina Pepsi bottlers. Most if not all are indies. PBG has Sunkist in Miami and Atlanta. Pepsi americas has Crush in New Orleans and Sunkist up in the Dakotas. I doubt if they will sell Livewire long term if they have to drop Sunkist/Crush...but you never know.

fusion
04-30-2003, 11:09 AM
Well, I was suprised today with a sample package of Livewire. It's a black hexagonal box, with six half liter bottles of Livewire inside and a t-shirt. I think I signed up for it on their site. Did anyone else get this package?

I've got one chilling as I type.. I'll report back on the taste test later.

[ 04-30-2003, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: fusion ]

fusion
04-30-2003, 02:45 PM
I didn't find LW to be anything new and innovative, but I did think it has a good taste.

You can taste the Dew undertones, and the "orange" flavor isn't too strong, like the "cherry" flavor is with Code Red.

Brennos
05-01-2003, 06:55 AM
The best soda on the market is Cheerwine, and while Pepsi Blue and the ill fated New Coke fizzled, this soda has lasting potential. It's a Carolina specialty, and it puts all other cherry sodas, such as Mountain Dew Code Red, to shame. And for the record, I am a huge fan of regular Mountain Dew and Vanilla Coke. As for LiveWire, Charlotte was one of the test marketing areas. While I did not personally try it, Creative Loafing wrote that it was nothing more than a poor imitation of Orange Crush or Nehi in a cool looking bottle. This is not exactly a rave review, but I'm not looking to bash it either.

KanKing
05-01-2003, 01:14 PM
When will the 7-11 across from my house have this Mountain Dew Livewire? I can't find it anywhere yet. It's probably in a stupid plastic bottle and not a can to isn't it!