PDA

View Full Version : I tried Coke from Ghana, Africa.

BottleBoss
04-21-2003, 08:46 AM
Over the weekend my wife and I checked out a new International food store in Frederick, Maryland to see what they had. Not much, but they did have a few sodas. One was Coca Cola from Ghana. (At least thats what it said on the cap) It was in thin 300 ml tall long neck glass bottles. I can't say that It tastes any better than regular Coke. They also had Ting, and several of the D & G soda flavors out of Jamaica, all in glass. A good find for me since I lived in Jamaica for 2 years.

drpep
04-21-2003, 10:32 AM
Where in Frederick and whats the name? How far from Rt 15? I'll be passing thru in early summer.

XLS_03
04-21-2003, 02:54 PM
I will have to check into that too. If you say it tastes the same then maybe there using corn syrup.

The best Coke I had so far was from Mexico and New Zealand. Even though the New Zealand Coke was in 600mL plastic bottles it still tasted very good.

sodasommelier
04-22-2003, 11:58 PM
Hey I just sent a pallet of bottle caps (unused) to the Frederick Brewery! I'd love to get a Coke from Ghana. I don't have a Coke cap from there in my collection. And I'll bet it's so great to drink that; I'd love a containerload of it in fact!

BottleBoss
04-23-2003, 08:41 AM
If you want one of the caps let me know and I will mail it to you. They say Coca-Cola or Coke in small letters and ENJOY in big ones under it. Then along the edges of the cap it lists all the usual things. They only had two bottles in the store so I am hoping they get more this week. That is unless I find out where they are getting it from. In which case I will buy it from there.