PDA

View Full Version : Driver Salary--Compensation Packages

Fgetmenot
12-07-2006, 11:23 PM
Hello.....I'm new here with my first question. ;) We are trying to get an idea about what the base salary is for beverage drivers as well as their commission rates, stock incentives, vacation pay, sick leave, etc.

If someone has knowledge of pay scale based on experience that would be great as well.

Last.. If this was the perfect job opportunity and you currently were a driver for a beverage company what type of package do you think would perk your interests... Asking for realistic answers. smile.gif

Ron Swedelson
12-08-2006, 11:58 AM
I have done this, right here in the bay area. What type of product are you going to sell. Is this a start up operation with a lot of cold calling, or established products with routes? Give me some info and I can help you out.

greg
12-08-2006, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Ron Swedelson:
I have done this, right here in the bay area. What type of product are you going to sell. Is this a start up operation with a lot of cold calling, or established products with routes? Give me some info and I can help you out. Rons the man. Great questions.
Also, What type of routes are they? On Premise, Bulk, Conventional? What type of Fleet do you have? Side Load, Goose Neck, Tractor Trailer?
CDL drivers with experience and safe driving records will cost you, especially in the Bay area. Don't skimp on experienced drivers with Safe ratings. They may cost a little more now but will safe you money in the long run.