PDA

View Full Version : What bottler uses code "JE" ?

01GTB
12-08-2006, 11:24 PM
Well, at least it appears to be JE. This is on deli Mountain Dew and Pepsi bottles, and they are all kind of smudged...so I could be wrong.
The Dr Pepper is from Charlottesville (ZV)

fusion
12-09-2006, 12:12 AM
I have also seen code JE, but no idea on location. Older PBG/COBO codes in the MD/PA/VA area usually are a letter + E (YE, BE, LE, and so on).

Maybe JE is Jacksonville? What codes do you see in your area on currently produced products?

01GTB
12-09-2006, 12:26 AM
Well, you are probably about right on the +E thing. These were all bought in Amherst and Lynchburg Virginia. I expected all to be ZV, but only the Dr Peppers were.

[ 12-09-2006, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: 01GTB ]

fusion
12-09-2006, 08:40 PM
Oh, ok. I thought you were referring to products purchased in Florida.

Sometimes an indie bottler will only run less popular packages/brands that they can't get from the bigger bottlers around them. For example, Pepsi of Havre De Grace MD (former code HV) used to run 2L CF Dr Pepper, since PBG in Baltimore MD and Wilmington DE don't run CF Dr Pepper (Wilmington produces/produced Dr Pepper for distribution in Maryland, since Philadelphia Coke has Dr Pepper in the Wilmington area).

After rereading your posts, I realized I also remember seeing JE on deli bottles.

My best guess is that JE is a non-Dr Pepper producing PBG plant.