PDA

View Full Version : how is Diet Coke w/ Splenda doing?

popologist
01-02-2006, 12:51 AM
it's definitely not getting the same "push" as Zero, but maybe it doesn't need it. i guess it's more along the lines of "caffeine free" diet coke. it's not advertised, but it's there if you need it.

i just wondered how it was selling.

i tried it when it first came out and i guess it tasted slightly better than regular diet coke. but once Zero came out, i never looked back.

Mello Yello Luver
01-05-2006, 02:40 AM
I'm not a big splenda fan.

popologist
01-05-2006, 09:04 AM
i think coke would've served themselves better if they had just made coke zero their splenda drink. then people would've understood "why" coke zero was created in the first place. since most of them don't know that diet coke is really diet "new" coke.

Mr Zabe
01-05-2006, 10:33 AM
LOL
In general and in jest.

What is the difference between white eggs and brown eggs? They both look yellow when scrambled.

Coke Zero and Diet Coke Splenda appeared to be scrambled to the non hardcore low cal/no carb diet coke drinkers.

[ 01-05-2006, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

popologist
01-05-2006, 12:44 PM
exactly. i'll bet the average consumer STILL thinks that coke zero is sweetened with splenda... and that that's the ONLY difference from diet coke.

anyway, back to my original question: does anyone know how DC w/ Splenda is doing?

i'm assuming that coke's expectations for it weren't huge to begin with, since they never really advertised it. also, it's shelf space is rather limited, when compared to diet and zero.

Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
LOL
In general and in jest.

What is the difference between white eggs and brown eggs? They both look yellow when scrambled.

Coke Zero and Diet Coke Splenda appeared to be scrambled to the non hardcore low cal/no carb diet coke drinkers.

ramonazo
01-05-2006, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by popologist:
i'm assuming that coke's expectations for it weren't huge to begin with, since they never really advertised it. also, it's shelf space is rather limited, when compared to diet and zero. Right, the only promotion I've seen is a little section in www.dietcoke.com (http://www.dietcoke.com) ...

BTW, I also want to know the sales performance of DC Splenda ...

popologist
01-05-2006, 02:36 PM
in hindsight, it seems that DC w/ Splenda was just an answer to Pepsi One (w/ Splenda). the soda wars are so intense lately... since soda sales are down... Coke probably didn't want to lose its edge in the diet category (which is the only soda sector that's growing).

Zero, on the other hand, seems to be a full-blown product line. some are even expecting a caffeine-free version sometime this year (which i would welcome).

Originally posted by Ramón Coca-Colero:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by popologist:
i'm assuming that coke's expectations for it weren't huge to begin with, since they never really advertised it. also, it's shelf space is rather limited, when compared to diet and zero. Right, the only promotion I've seen is a little section in www.dietcoke.com (http://www.dietcoke.com) ...

BTW, I also want to know the sales performance of DC Splenda ... </font>[/QUOTE]

raresoda20
01-05-2006, 03:28 PM
no that stuff is nasty.

mjb1124
01-06-2006, 09:43 AM
Caffeine Free Coke Zero would be awesome for me. I love the taste of Zero, but I've found that caffeine doesn't agree with me anymore.

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-07-2006, 11:23 PM
at least in michigan i hear it's still selling consistently well.

SplitLevelP
01-07-2006, 11:51 PM
That was the only diet product i really enjoyed

popologist
01-08-2006, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by mikibacsi1124:
Caffeine Free Coke Zero would be awesome for me. I love the taste of Zero, but I've found that caffeine doesn't agree with me anymore. if coke zero continues to gain market share, it's not inconceivable that a caffeine-free version would follow.

i used to prefer the taste of CF diet coke to regular diet coke, but, now, after getting used to Zero, even CF diet coke tastes bad to me.