PDA

View Full Version : Black Cherry Vanilla Coke

Rob The SURGE Drinker
01-02-2006, 02:36 PM
Has anyone found this today? I went to two places and can not find it. It was supposted to come out today, right?

nWoAssassin94
01-03-2006, 12:11 AM
I found it on December 31st in Abingdon, VA and it even had a 2006 copyright date on it! To be perfectly honest with you, I was somewhat disappointed with it because the flavor is hard to detect. I would rather have Vanilla Coke!

fusion
01-03-2006, 12:15 AM
CCE offices and warehouses were closed today, so no deliveries were made. I didn't realize that when I originally posted the January 2nd date.

Mr Zabe
01-03-2006, 01:24 AM
I have not tried it yet.
I hope it's not so, could BCV be another let down form Coke (new flavor gone weak)? :(

PepsiBlue
01-03-2006, 01:29 AM
I had Coca-Cola Cherry last week, it had the 2006 copyright.

DPDude
01-03-2006, 01:33 AM
It appeared in south and central Texas last week. I noticed the 2006 copyright as well. Kind of funny.

As for the flavor, one sip tells me that this won't be on the market as long as Vanilla Coke was. Speaking of which Vanilla Coke has virtually disappeared from south Texas store shelves over the past week. The only sign that it was ever around is a few convenience stores here and there that have a few 20oz bottles left.

Synchronicitysix
01-03-2006, 01:41 AM
Disapointing to hear, I hope to find some of this tommorow as I didn't see any around today

DPDude
01-03-2006, 01:53 AM
So far I've seen it in 12 packs and 20oz bottles. I'm sure it will be around in two and three liter sizes soon.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
01-03-2006, 09:22 AM
where i live, we dont even get 3 liter bottles... :(

Mr Zabe
01-03-2006, 09:46 AM
Starting this Wednesday, the Chicago area Jewel Food stores will have Black Cherry Vanilla Regular/Diet 20oz bottles on sale for a $1. The sale lasts for one week.

I will try and get a bottle of each to sample and report back with my review. LOL

[ 01-03-2006, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

MATHA531
01-03-2006, 11:06 AM
The question of bottling size is apparently a local issue....

As part of the conspiracy to kill diet vanilla coke, the coca cola bottling cmpany in the NY area stopped making it available in 1.5 and 2 liter sizes long before coke pushed through its demise.

Incidentally in the NY area, while I can find diet cherry coke or whatever it is called in fridge packs, I can't find it in either 20 oz bottles, 1.5l bottles or 2 l bottles.

What a bummer.

popologist
01-03-2006, 11:13 AM
coke makes more money off it's cans and 20 oz. bottles than 2-liters, so that's probably why it only packages its "fringe" drinks in that form.

MATHA531
01-03-2006, 11:22 AM
One person's "fringe" drink is another person's mainline drink.

jmyjunk
01-03-2006, 01:38 PM
I bought a 12 pack last night.
And I will have to say, I am dissapointed. It does not pack the flavor punch Vanilla Coke has, or had.
It only a slight cherry taste, and very slight vanilla taste.

The can design though is lovely.

What a shame to get rid of Vanilla Coke for this.
:(

[ 01-03-2006, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: jmyjunk ]

ramonazo
01-03-2006, 01:42 PM
The taste is more weak than Vanilla Coke? Uh oh...

Whatever, hope to find it in Vegas in one week :D

[ 01-03-2006, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

MATHA531
01-03-2006, 03:02 PM
Maybe we can organize a "new coke" revolt...it took them 6 weeks to re-consider that ill fated imbecilic move...maybe after 6 weeks we can get them to bring back vanilla and diet vanilla coke.

gregmech26
01-03-2006, 07:23 PM
I prefer Coke over Pepsi; however, Black Cherry Vanilla Coke is absolutely awful! I was really disappointed with this product.

I was looking forward to its release; however, this stuff is incredibly bland. You can't really even taste the cherry flavor. Black Cherry Vanilla Coke won't last long!

It's a half-ass attempt at creating a cherry-vanilla flavor.

I'd rather have an "over-kill" on the cherry-vanilla flavor than an "under-kill."

BCVC is actually worst than cherry-vanilla dr. pepper, which is also incredibly weak in the flavor department.

The new 'Coke cherry" also sucks.

Having been fortunate enough to sample Dr. Pepper Berries & Cream (Raspberry Vanilla), and having read the positive reviews of everyone else who was able to sample it, I predict that Dr. Pepper Berries & Cream will be this years best new beverage smile.gif

[ 01-03-2006, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: gregmech26 ]

MATHA531
01-03-2006, 07:28 PM
So how do we organize the boycott to get these idiots to bring up vanilla coke and diet vanilla coke?

nWoAssassin94
01-03-2006, 07:28 PM
I'm glad that other people are realizing how disappointing this product really is. The two main things wrong with this product are:

1. The taste is too similar to Coca-Cola Cherry, which is still on the market.

2. The vanilla taste is VERY difficult to detect, unlike Vanilla Coke!

I just hope that Vanilla Coke (or Coca-Cola Vanilla) comes back soon!

[ 01-03-2006, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: nWoAssassin94 ]

MATHA531
01-03-2006, 07:41 PM
I'm beginning to like diet cherry-vanilla Dr. Pepper even more.....

Mr Zabe
01-03-2006, 07:50 PM
Just as I thought another weak flavored attempt at producing a soda pop for mass market instead of it's core market. As a fan of good soda pops
(not just one particular brand or company) I remain mystified that Coca Cola launches par to sub par flavored Colas.

I so hope Dr. Pepper Berries & Cream (Raspberry Vanilla) reaffirms my faith in at least one of the Big Three's new soda pops.

[ 01-03-2006, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

nWoAssassin94
01-03-2006, 07:50 PM
I like Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper. To me, it seems that Coke was just trying to copy it with the release of their new drink. Unfortunately, they failed miserably and also took out one of my favorite Coke flavors in the process!

Robot
01-03-2006, 08:24 PM
found some coca-cola black cherry vanilla in 20oz in chicago

really like it; but it tastes amazingly simimlar to dr.pepper/pibb xtra.. might satisify some old regular mr. pibb fans actually!

good stuff; but it makes me think "why didnt i just buy a 12 pack of pibb or drpepper instead"?? hence i dont expect it to do that well

Synchronicitysix
01-06-2006, 11:53 AM
Is this Black Cherry Vanilla only a regional soda? I've looked everywhere and haven't been able to find it up here in MA, but we have advertisments for it.

Mr Zabe
01-06-2006, 11:56 AM
It is being rolled out "Coca Cola" style. LOL
By region/area and by bottler availability.
It should be eventually rolled out nationally.

Vault was/is being rolled out in this fashion.
Chicago has yet to see Vault. :(

jmur
01-06-2006, 02:03 PM
no vault or bc v coke here in utica, ny. i did have my friend from tennessee bring me home 3 20oz bottles of vault though smile.gif

Mr Nethead
01-07-2006, 06:36 AM
I tried Black Cherry Vanilla Coke yesterday. When I took the first sip my heart sank in disappointment. It seemed rather bland. But after a while I started to kind of like it. It's okay, I guess. Vanilla Coke is much better though.

I highly doubt BCVC will be around long. But hey, we have Vault to look forward to next month!

popologist
01-07-2006, 06:39 AM
maybe most people don't like "too much flavor" in their sodas.

for example, i thought vanilla coke had too much vanilla flavor. it made it taste artificial.

SplitLevelP
01-07-2006, 10:15 AM
Jmur, there is diet black cherry vanilla in utica,however coke in our area is not offering the non diet product yet.The way he was talking it was gonna be like the regular Dr pepper cherry van was and be delayed.As for where to get the diet go to Nice & easy on court and state.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
01-07-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Mr Nethead:
I tried Black Cherry Vanilla Coke yesterday. When I took the first sip my heart sank in disappointment. It seemed rather bland. But after a while I started to kind of like it. It's okay, I guess. Vanilla Coke is much better though.

I highly doubt BCVC will be around long. But hey, we have Vault to look forward to next month! hey, nethead, in ur profile it says you are from wisconsin! i am from wisconsin, but i have not seen this... where are you from?

Mr Zabe
01-07-2006, 01:53 PM
I just got Back from my Kenosha Wisconsin monthly Woodman's shopping trip. I found a nearly fully loaded pallet of Black Cherry Vanilla Coke way far away form the soda pop section. LOL It was priced at $0.69 for a 20oz btl. I brought 5 and was able to find a super cold bottle for the ride home.

Granted Vanilla is not my favorite flavor for soda pop. I must give Coca Cola some props for turning the corner on the cherry and vanilla taste. IMO BCVC is better tasting than VCDP by a long shot. I have 5 bottles to cool off and drink so the jury is still out but on first blush,my gut tells me BCVC is a keeper and a well thought out new flavor by Coke.

[ 01-07-2006, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Rob The SURGE Drinker
01-07-2006, 02:04 PM
woodmans! alright, time to go to the Janesville Woodmans and hunt around...

mjb1124
01-07-2006, 02:11 PM
I tried it yesterday and I thought it was good. I actually found the black cherry flavor to be quite strong (and not in a bad way), and while the vanilla wasn't as strong, I could still take it. In fact, those flavors are pretty much all you can taste in the diet version - I agree with the people who said they should have used the Coke Zero formula. The original at least has a little bit of that Coke sweetness. I also have to agree with Jimmy about the DP similarity, but I still think it's distinctive enough to stand out.

Mr Nethead
01-07-2006, 03:33 PM
Rob, I live in a little city about 40 miles north of Madison. I'm sure you'll find BCVC soon.

billygtexas
01-07-2006, 07:05 PM
I tried the Diet Black Cherry Vanilla Coke and it tastes mostly like a Diet Coke with Vanilla with just a little cherry flavor added. Disapointing, considering the Cherry-Vanilla flavoring worked wonders with Diet Dr Pepper.

Mr Nethead
01-07-2006, 07:32 PM
BCVC is really starting to grow on me! I like the "black cherry" flavour better than the cherry flavour they use in Coca-Cola Cherry.

If this stuff ever makes it into a fountain I wonder how that will affect the taste. Many fountain drinks have a stronger taste than bottled drinks. The cherry and vanilla are a little weak, but the flavour that is there, I'm really starting to dig it.

It's odd. When I first tried BCVC I couldn't really taste it. But as I continued to drink I really started to notice the cherry-ness. The vanilla is harder to detect.

Mr Zabe
01-07-2006, 07:41 PM
I was impressed with the fuller Black Cherry taste. The vanilla taste was there at the end towards the back wash part of the gulp.

The first thought I had as I drank my first sips was that Coca Cola had really heard our grips from this board. LOL I mean we all (most of us) wanted a more fuller convincing flavor of cherry and vanilla. IMO Coca Cola went to school on what Joe soda pop drinker wanted and for the most part gave it to him.

CCE Girlie
01-07-2006, 08:24 PM
The actual launch date isn't til late Jan or early Feb

MDCoke
01-07-2006, 09:17 PM
I found some yesterday at Harris-Teeter in Charlotte, NC. I was pleasently surprised with the taste, the Vanilla and Black Cherry has a nice mix. It did remind be of Dr. Pepper in many ways. They also had Vault and Vault Zero, although I did not try it.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
01-07-2006, 09:22 PM
went to woodmans today, booya! there it is, 20oz, 12pks, and 2ltrs of regular only... no diet tho... i tried some and i think its ok but it doesnt pass the almighty Vanilla coke

Mr Nethead
01-07-2006, 09:34 PM
Yeah. Vanilla Coke is better. It's too bad Coke doesn't seem to think VC and BCVC can co-exist in harmony.

I'm one of those people that likes to have a variety of different Cokes. Classic, Cherry, Vanilla, Cherry Vanilla, Lime... I want it all! I'd love to try Raspberry too, if it was available.

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-08-2006, 12:25 AM
i was tired of VC/DVC and i think this black cherry thing really isn't as good as dr pepper's version. blah to coke, should've just used the space for other products.

SplitLevelP
01-08-2006, 12:44 AM
We have not been offered the reg product here in Utica,NY area yet.My take on the diet was nothing worth writing home about.There is a reason for that.I have serious issue with asperdeath it wreaks the flavor in anything and leaves u with that nasty aftertaste and that killed it for me I think had that taste been eliminated like it will be in the reg I will enjoy it.so i give it 2 out of 5 stars

BottleBoss
01-08-2006, 12:01 PM
This showed up at the Walys-Mart in Charlestown West Virginia. I bought a case and tried it. So far I don't like the taste. I have had 2 cans.

Mr Zabe
01-08-2006, 12:13 PM
Have you tried drinking a can ice cold and over there rocks? I tried it ice cold from a 20oz bottle, soon for the NFL games LOL, I will pour a cold bottle over the rocks and see if I experience the Coke Zero AH HA Enjoyment Effect.LOL (Coke Zero over ice tasted better.)

[ 01-08-2006, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Mr Zabe
01-08-2006, 08:55 PM
Update:

I just drank my second bottle of Black Cherry Vanilla Coke. I poured an ice cold 20oz bottle over a tall glass of ice. Just as I had thought,
what tasteful pleasure. IMO the flavor is bright with strong high lights. The Black Cherry Vanilla flavor along with the cold carbonation was very pleasing to me. Just like Coke Zero on ice, BCVC also (for me) tastes better on ice.

I'll make a bold prediction, BCVC will be a big seller for Coca Cola.

[ 01-08-2006, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

PepsiBlue
01-09-2006, 01:44 AM
I saw Diet Coke BCV at wawa, next to it was 20oz of Diet vanilla coke, so I got diet vanilla, as that may not be there next time i go!

SodaAddict
01-09-2006, 03:10 AM
Hi everyone, I haven't been on these forums much. I appreciate all the help on my soda addiction

I live in arizona, about 30 minutes away from pheonix, but I have yet to see it. I've seen MDX though.

steveu
01-09-2006, 07:22 PM
I'm surprised at the comments about the weak taste and the differences that we're experiencing. I tried it yesterday in Mich. and I thought it was stronger than either cherry or vanilla. Is it a truly good blend? Maybe not, but I've liked CVDP fairly well but would say I like this a little better.

I wonder if some of us are truly getting different flavor strengths.

ChrisPC
01-09-2006, 09:31 PM
It's decent; it tastes remarkably like '80s Pibb! The cherry flavor hit me hard when I first tasted it, but it got smoother as it went. My wife is a huge VC fan (she made me hoard lots of it!), but she likes this too. She often orders cherry and vanilla in her Coke at Sonic.

jmur
01-09-2006, 11:09 PM
ok so ive tried a few 20oz's of diet bcv and i dont think its too bad. i wouldve rather had regular instead of diet but ive heard my area isnt getting it right away. i can clearly taste both the vanilla and black cherry flavors. some times one is more powering than the other, but i can still taste both. diet: 3/5 stars

XLS_04
01-10-2006, 12:18 AM
I just tried Coca-Cola Black Cherry Vanilla today. It is not bad but I still like Vanilla Coke better for some reason.

You can barely taste the vanilla flavor in this one.

monkspider
01-10-2006, 04:06 PM
I also was fairly disappointed by BCVC. It was far too syrupy, and rather bland with a taste that did not strike me as being particularly black cherry or particularly vanilla. In fact, it tasted very much like regular Cherry Coke, only worse.

I thought Diet BCVC was actually a step up over the regular flavor. It was an admirable diet drink that was more smooth than the non-diet, with very little hint of aspertame flavor.

Overall, Vanilla Coke, even in it's mediocrity, was far better than this. I don't see this one having a very long shelf life.

[ 01-10-2006, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: monkspider ]

rwd1234
01-10-2006, 04:20 PM
i wish i would know if they had this in NY or NJ...

Synchronicitysix
01-10-2006, 07:01 PM
I got this off of ebay actually since its nowhere to be found up here in MA, and I actually thought it to be pretty good. I could taste the black cherry with the first hit and the vanilla in the aftertaste. It reminds me of a black cherry parfait yougurt that I have had before.

Overall I thought this wasn't bad at all and would drink it in the future and Im a huge Vanilla Coke fan

Mr Zabe
01-10-2006, 11:14 PM
Ok...Please do not toss any bottles glass or plastic at me. LOL

This is my third glowing post about BCVC. I am enjoying a big bowl of buttered popcorn
along with a big cup of crushed ice and a 20oz of BCVC.

This soda pop tastes (with a salty snack) totally awesome. The flavor of this soda pop is just perfect. The taste of cherry and vanilla is amazing. It taste full yet soothing, it tastes like Coke,Dr Pepper,Cherry and Vanilla all in one icy cold cup.

I am so savoring this treat of a soda pop.
(No I do not work for Coca Cola. LOL)

[ 01-10-2006, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Toni
01-11-2006, 12:39 AM
We have this in a few 7-11 stores here in Denver. I bought one along with the remaining 4 bottles of vanilla coke they had. I tasted the BCVC and at first I didn't like it. I thought it was weak in flavor then as I drank it more, I tasted it more. I remember this happened when I first tasted vanilla coke. By the third bottle I really liked it, I think it will be like this too with BCVC.

I managed to store 17 cases of vanilla coke cans here in my apartment, my neighbors think I'm crazy because he saw me carry casses up almost everynight for a week. :eek:

[ 01-10-2006, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: Toni ]

Mr Zabe
01-11-2006, 12:00 PM
I must have lost my mind. LOL I have fallen so head over heals in love/lust with BCVC that I have changed my Avatar. LOL Thanks Coca Cola for the incredible new BCVC soda pop. smile.gif

By the way I could use a better advatar picture if anyone come across one. TKS

[ 01-11-2006, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Mr Nethead
01-11-2006, 05:35 PM
Toni's story is a lot like mine! It was so funny, you know at first swig I'm thinking "where's the flavour?" And then a little while later, "Oh! There it is!"

The grocery store is selling 20 ounce bottles for 79 cents. I've been buying some every day. :cool:

Stacey
01-11-2006, 07:35 PM
Black Cherry Vanilla Cola is here in Columbus, OH. Found it at Target in Whitehall.

I tried both the diet version and the regular version. I think the diet version has a much stronger vanilla taste than I care for but still good.

the saint
01-12-2006, 12:27 AM
I haven't tried this soda, I have seen the displays around town and to me it doesn't appear to be moving very well here.
**ZABE** Then again most people around here just go to SONIC ( which I will be leaving for in a few )when they want a flavored soft drink**

Mr Zabe
01-12-2006, 05:10 AM
Saint,
Your killing me. LMAO
One day I will get to Sonics and drown my gut with one of each drink you so boast about. LOL

At least I can have a Chicago Deep Dish pizza delivered within an hour and get a 1 ltr of Cold Dr Pepper free. LOL

SodaAddict
01-12-2006, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
Saint,
Your killing me. LMAO
One day I will get to Sonics and drown my gut with one of each drink you so boast about. LOL

At least I can have a Chicago Deep Dish pizza delivered within an hour and get a 1 ltr of Cold Dr Pepper free. LOL Zabe, that's really interesting! The same thign happened to me! I Just found some regular black cherry vanilla in 20 liters here in arizona.

When I first tried it, I noticed nothing. Tasted and smelled like cherry coke to me. Howver, when I smelled it again, I noticed botht he cherry and the vanilla! I do say, however, it does taste very syrupy and too sweet. However, its very good.

As I drank it and I noticed the flavor more and more.

the saint
01-12-2006, 09:20 AM
well zabe that sounds great, but, I do not like pizza so you didn't get to me. That cherry limeade was great. I might stop by there this morning for a breakfast toaster sandwich and a lemon limeade

jmur
01-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by rwd1234:
i wish i would know if they had this in NY or NJ... they have it in upstate ny.id check your local target. all ive been able to find here is the diet, but i went to target today and they were loaded up with both versions, along with coke cherry and coke vanilla and diet coke vanilla.

SplitLevelP
01-13-2006, 12:03 AM
The other night I was able to locate the regular version in Herkimer(near Utica),NY. It was Very impressive.Add ice and it'd a golden drink to add to a pasta dish.4.5 out of 5. Nice ix of flavors btw.

PepsiBlue
01-13-2006, 01:12 AM
first time, it tasted ok
but i FINALLY saw a 2 liter of it in target.
I love this stuff!

DJ HawaiianShirt
01-13-2006, 01:17 AM
I just tried the stuff, and I'm not impressed at all.

SEV :(

Irishpepsi04
01-13-2006, 04:21 AM
BCVC tastes somehow with a weak vanilla flavor, and couldn't even compare it to any Dr Pepper or Pibb xtra. I couldn't even find any cherry flavor in my taste buds. Dr Pepper CV regular sure is better.

Mr Zabe
01-13-2006, 04:49 AM
It's funny how the perception of taste is so unique from person to person. smile.gif I never enjoyed Vanilla Coke yet I really enjoy the vanilla taste in BCVC. Interesting for sure.

[ 01-13-2006, 03:50 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Acheron
01-13-2006, 07:36 AM
It's not horrible.

I can pick out both flavors, which is more than I can say for CVDP. I think it could use slightly more cherry flavor. While it is advertised as 'cherry, kissed with vanilla' I think it's more the other way around.

And, much like most mass-produced soft drinks, it would taste immeasurably better if sweetened with sugar.

[ 01-13-2006, 06:38 AM: Message edited by: Acheron ]

jmyjunk
01-13-2006, 12:27 PM
I just bought the diet version of BCVC, and it's nasty. I can't even finish the bottle.
The cherry taste is too fake for me. It almost tastes like Diet Dr. Pepper, but worse.

I wish I wasn't so negative about this new product, at least BCVC is drinkable.

Sorry Coke, I do not care for your new products.
:(

[ 01-13-2006, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: jmyjunk ]

BottleBoss
01-13-2006, 01:46 PM
I tried a few more of them. I don't think they are really bad any more, just not that good. You know what I mean? Not something I would buy again. Vanilla was much better.

sodacec
01-13-2006, 06:51 PM
I had no idea Coke was introducing this product until I literally found it, but I'm glad they did! Purchased both diet and regular Black Cherry Vanilla Coke in 20 oz. bottles at my local 99-cent store in midtown NYC and I'm comparing the 2 as I write this. As some have mentioned, maybe people are getting different batches, because there is NOTHING weak whatsoever about the flavor of these 2 bottles: this stuff is totally delicious in both versions! The aroma packs a palpable punch of black-cherry vanilla ice cream... Not since my first Pepsi Vanilla have I torn through two 20oz sodas so fast! As a big fan of Pepsi Vanilla's smoothness, I actually like this vanilla soda from Coke much better than regular Vanilla Coke. The rich cherry seems to temper and smooth out the inherent acidity of the Coke, thereby resulting in a noticably smoother vanilla aftertaste than Vanilla Coke, (which, depending on the batch, often suffered from an acidic undertaste that killed the smoothness that it should've had). I havent tried regular Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper, but I've had the diet version and to me this Coke version actually has a better balance of cherry and vanilla whereas Diet CV Dr Pepper has hardly any vanilla taste to speak of (and a richer flavor of both overall). Great Stuff...HAPPY NEW-SODA YEAR LOL!

Update:

I just drank my second bottle of Black Cherry Vanilla Coke. I poured an ice cold 20oz bottle over a tall glass of ice. Just as I had thought,
what tasteful pleasure. IMO the flavor is bright with strong high lights. The Black Cherry Vanilla flavor along with the cold carbonation was very pleasing to me. Just like Coke Zero on ice, BCVC also (for me) tastes better on ice.

I'll make a bold prediction, BCVC will be a big seller for Coca Cola.

jblaviback
01-14-2006, 05:12 PM
I haven't tried the new BCVC yet but here are my thoughts on why they keep bringing out new flavors.

There philosophy is this, let's bring out new flavors so tons of people will want to try it. Therefore our sales will be good. Then when sales start to die down we can just cancel it and bring out a new flavor to push them back up again.

To the general public this is no big deal, but to alot of us on this board it leaves us dissapointed in coke because we liked such flavors as diet coke with lemon, coke with lemon, vanilla coke and the list goes on. Coke knows we'll still buy there products so they don't care about us.

Also Coke realizes in doing this they may stumble upon a hit flavor that will last forever. But until then we true soda pop heads are going to have the highs and lowes of loving the new coke flavor and then having it be sharply taken away from us.

It hardly seems like coke spends a lot of time on flavor development anymore. They just pick the first flavor that tastes good enough but not superior. This is all just my opinion which is not a profesional one.

Mr Zabe
01-14-2006, 06:21 PM
You make some valid points. In a sense you are giving Coca Cola too much credit. I mean that C.C. aims it's brands at the mass market. The mass market appears to be fickle. As well, IMO the mass market does not have the interest or brand loyalty to support a new brand/flavor.

That being said,C.C. higher ups get into the "throw everything but the kitchen sink" mode of brand development. It's sort of like fly fishing. If you cast out the perfect fly in a broad school of fish, on average fish will be caught.

I think most of us would be happy to wait a year or more if the Big Three would go into R&D and churn out some mind blowing soda pops. I'm sure like the auto industry, they have some potential winners locked up in a CEO's vault.

Yeah, I agree with you for sure. smile.gif

fusion
01-15-2006, 01:03 AM
Well, I don't think there was a Coke with Lemon.

;)

Mr Nethead
01-15-2006, 06:55 AM
It's thought-provoking when you consider all the different products Coke has world-wide. Each market only sees a select few, and they can vary a little bit even from regions in the United States. I never actually bothered to try and figure out how many sodas they have in the U.S. on a national level but I think it would be interesting.

It seems like they're always playing with flavoured Cokes but maybe none of them sell that great. I think the only flavoured Coke that has security regardless of sales is Cherry. We've had it since 1985 and the world just wouldn't seem the same without it. I don't know how well Cherry Coke sells, but Coca-Cola seems willing to leave older brands on the market regardless of sales, whereas they have a tendency to give up easily on new flavours.

It obviously takes a while for drinks to build a foothold in the market, and as a consumer it frustrates me the way Coke gets so impatient. I hope BCVC lasts because I like it, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of glowing reviews of the stuff in this thread. We know Mr Zabe loves it, (lol) and I do too. But a lot of you think it's either not good or just okay. If Coke is willing to commit to it and leave it on the market it would build up a fan base over time.

There are a lot of sodas that I love, but I can only drink so much soda. (As it stands, I drink way too much already.) My soda cycle is constantly changing. I might drink two or three brands regularly for a month or two but they start to change one at a time. I have to admit, I loved Surge yet after a while I got tired of it. When the cycle came full-circle and I wanted Surge again, it wasn't there.

steveu
01-15-2006, 01:01 PM
I must have lost my mind. LOL I have fallen so head over heals in love/lust with BCVC that I have changed my Avatar. LOL Thanks Coca Cola for the incredible new BCVC soda pop. smile.gif

By the way I could use a better advatar picture if anyone come across one. TKS I was going to respond to your post, but I'd feel better if you took a cold shower first.

(j/k ... I just bought a 12)

Cokeologist
01-15-2006, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
Well, I don't think there was a Coke with Lemon.Not in the US; however Coke with Lemon was released in Japan and Hong Kong several months ago; and was released as a "limited edition" for last summer in England.

ramonazo
01-17-2006, 02:36 PM
I like it... I bought three bottles for home...

AzRocks
01-17-2006, 03:09 PM
I finally found some BCVC and my first impression was that it tastes like CVDP. Then after about 10 seconds it kindof tasted that they mixed a little Vanilla Coke into a lot of Cherry Coke and are calling it BCVC. It definetly isnt as good as VC or Cherry Coke but I don't think that it is too bad.

Mr Zabe
01-17-2006, 03:55 PM
Try drinking BCVC over a glass full of ice.
After you pour it over ice, let it breath (let it sit) for a good 20 to 30 seconds. Then give it a good slow gulp.

Let me know how it tastes with ice and breathing. :D

AzRocks
01-17-2006, 06:07 PM
After trying it over ice i think that it tastes a lot better and that it tastes more like VC then Cherry Coke (i could be imagining this though)

Mr Zabe
01-17-2006, 10:57 PM
I just saw the new BCVC TV commercial at the end of American Idol. It was very well done.
The two black cherries at the end look very appetizing. For a soda pop commercial it was new and eye catching.

[ 01-17-2006, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

ramonazo
01-18-2006, 12:19 AM
MrZ. See the ads again! Click here!

BCV Coke ads (http://announce.coca-cola.com/bcv/index.html)

Mr Zabe
01-18-2006, 12:26 AM
Thanks MrR.
I watched the adds again. Funny,now I'm craving
another glass of BCVC. smile.gif Great add. Coca Cola has really produced a innovative add campaign. The way the cherry and vanilla streams of soda pop were combined was eye catching. Gosh I so dig this new nectar from Coca Cola.

[ 01-17-2006, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

ramonazo
01-18-2006, 02:24 AM
You're welcome smile.gif

That reminds me that in Vegas I saw two BCV Coke billboards that said something like: black cherry kissed by vanilla, and appears in big the cherries with the vanilla lip mark that appears at the end of the commercial and the cans of the regular and diet versions...

XLS_04
01-18-2006, 02:47 AM
i seen the ads, the way they talk in the ads and things they say makes it sound like they are trying to promote something else. lol