PDA

View Full Version : Weird Beverage Experience

teamtitan512
04-02-2005, 02:04 AM
Tonight I was riding out in the country in WV, and almost ran out of gas. I ended up stopping at this crazy little BP. I walked in the little store, and it turns out I found a soda mecca.

I found......
Cherikee Red
Dad's Root Beer
Surge
Citra
original Minute Maid Orange Soda
old Cherry Coke logo
Pepsi Blue
Red Fusion
Lipton Brisk Lemonade
Tropical Sprite Remix
RC Draft Cola
Upper 10
Slice Fruit Punch

I couldn't believe my eyes at all the old drinks. Guess it's true they're still moonshining down in WV. Thankfully they left all the cool drinks for me....

Now...this didn't really happen, but I've seen some wacky things down there, so it may not be that far of a stretch from reality tongue.gif

Will B.
04-02-2005, 02:07 AM
Cherokee Red is a good drink..........that is a good selection there.....Did they have Birchola as well?? Its made by the same people who make cherokee red, thats some good stuff....they have a bunch of flavors from that company here in north east pa.

fusion
04-03-2005, 02:02 AM
I think you were about 5 minutes late there, TT.

BottleBoss
04-03-2005, 10:46 PM
Do they even still make Upper 10 anywhere?

bigrich
04-03-2005, 11:56 PM
If your 7-UP/DR Pepper bottler has RC you will probably not see Upper 10. I bought some a couple of years ago from All-American Bottling in Louisville. With 7-UP out of the Pepsi system down there, All-American picked it up. Once they started 7-Up they immediately killed Upper 10. You may be able to find it with a smaller Nehi bottler. RC Chicago has probably stopped Upper 10 since their buyout from American Bottling.

[ 04-03-2005, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: bigrich ]

sdrv20
04-06-2005, 02:32 PM
Who makes Cherokee Red and is it still available??

ithastabeshasta
04-06-2005, 04:31 PM
I bought Cherikee Red on Monday (April 4)in Pennsylvania. It says bottled under authority of Dr Pepper/7 Up by American Bottling. And yes Upper 10 is still availaible in some select areas as I had some earlier this year.

iluvsurge220
04-27-2005, 12:10 AM
What exactly is Upper 10. I'm too young to remember. I think it was either some ginger ale flavor or a lemon-lime flavor. I do remember drinking it but I dont remember what it tasted like.

iluvsurge220
04-27-2005, 12:13 AM
hey teamtitan u got my hopes up. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the words surge and citra and that you had found them. I was about ready to pack up and go to WV looking for that place, but then my hopes were crushed when I saw that it was made up. LOL!! I wish it would come true though. THat would be awesome!!!