PDA

View Full Version : Help With My Name.

Boris
04-27-2003, 11:56 AM
I will be launching my soda at the end of may. I have all my soda recipes formulated and tested and I have the names for the different pops. But I am still pondering over a name for the company.

Boris Brew Co. Is what we came up with. What do you guys think about this?

Boris Bev. Co.?

Ron Swedelson
04-27-2003, 02:00 PM
I don't like Boris Beverage Company because it sounds too Russian. Don't take that as being bad, Im part Russian too (at least I think I am, about 20% anyway), but point is, in the US, you need to use a more catchy name, or if you are using a forign sounding name, it has to be more tropical or something. Thats my take on it anyway.

Boris
04-27-2003, 03:12 PM
Any Suggestions?

RunWithDaLilGuy
04-28-2003, 12:47 AM
what are your products?

you're not going national any time soon, pick something that plays on your locale. what is your market going for? you don't want it to be too cheesey like a root beer geared for baseball fans or something, but something local might work out. maybe just after a locale. something regal-sounding or at least "professional" usually is better than "wahoo commie" soda co.

Boris
04-28-2003, 05:12 AM
Chris's Cream Soda (Cream soda made with Pure Cane Sugar with a distintive taste,No nasty ick aftertatse you get with other creams...History on Chris- This guy is great, Without him our soda company would have never even started.Back in the day, He and a un-named accomplish suited up as Batman and Robin at a childish school dance...We all salute you robin...

Rays Root Beer - The Spirit of that cool guy himself...Ray Ralph...in a bottle.There had to be a Root Beer Named after this guy sometime...I figured I would be the first one...that and he will forget about the money I owe him for wearing the old Robin Costume during exams with his package buldging out...

Irish Monk - Lemon Lime Watermelon - This drink is from the vast intellectual mind of Ben himself....After the saying came up " An Irish Monk Once Told Me How To do This"

Ben's Blueberry Melon Cream -Cream Soda with a twist of berry and melon...This was orignally named Bodegious Bens Blueberry Blast...We decided to shorten it...

Fruity Franks - An odd(just like the person it is named after) canteloup pop...We all love you frank...Just not in that way...

Pauls Pineapple Soda Pop - Our own Pinapple soda named after a guy who seems to enjoy juliets big knockers...

Tea Time - Carbonated tea (still in development with either being sweet or not and green or reg), Inspired by Colin....Boris's special recipe...

Gabbys Tangy Strawberry Stuff - Strawberry Peach Soda with a hint of Lemon...

karks88
04-28-2003, 09:02 AM
You have some interesting flavors! I like the way you named them after people, I think it gives the drinks a personality. It would be a great way to market them. Maybe you do little stories for each character or something.

Shatter
04-29-2003, 01:17 AM
Man, I can't wait to try some of those! Irish Monk, Blueberry Melon Creme and Fruity Frank's sound like the best. Not enough companies will cross standard soda flavors like that. "Lemon-lime? Mixed with watermelon? Why bother? Let's just crank out the same flavors as all the other companies. If every soda company has a lemon-lime, then lemon-lime must sell pretty well. We don't want to confuse the customers by giving them something they haven't seen a thousand times before. Let's just make the same stuff everyone else makes to keep consumers from having to think too hard."

Now that I think about it, the cantaloupe soda might be the one i'm looking forward to the most. I found a place online a couple months ago where I could order exotic Japanese candy. A friend of mine kept recommending I try some out. I bought some cantaloupe gummy snacks that were absolutely incredible. I hope you use real cantaloupe flavoring like they did.

marshall
04-29-2003, 03:20 AM
Company names are more difficult than product names. Since it is hoped that the life span of the company will see several market cycles. A trendy name now will just sound out dated in a few years.

Shatter
05-01-2003, 12:44 AM
Hey Boris, how difficult would it be to bottle your root beer in an actual mug? I've seen things like jams and jellies sold in mugs, but not root beer. You might not be able to use a regular lid for it, you might need a lid with a pressure release or something. But it would be nice to go to a conveinence store and pick up a frosty mug of root beer. And it would also mean that more people would keep the mug, unlike a glass bottle that would most likely end up in a landfill or recycling bin. Making a soda container that can be re-used around the house would also be a great advertising point.

On the negative side; The mugs, if they were too large, probably wouldn't fit in a c-store's gravity feed racks. But some company out there probably makes generic mugs in the right size. Or you can just put those ice-filled coolers in the stores that carry your drinks. No worrying about fitting into a shelf rack.

It's just something I was thinking about at work tonight. And since i'll never get the opportunity to start my own soda line, I thought i'd pass it on. So, what do you think? Is it feasable?

KanKing
05-01-2003, 12:25 PM
How about this:
Boxite Blueberry
Tinny Tangerine
Alcoa Orange
Can gerine Tangerine
Tin Roof Root Beer
Alu-Melon
Pop Top Peach

I think those would all be very good names. You need to sell it in cans though. Anyhting else would be a waste!

assclown
05-05-2003, 12:18 AM
How about "Brew You?"

I'll sue you though if you use it...

boodoo
05-08-2003, 04:00 PM
Hmmm....fruit drinks named after people.....see "Ralph's Cantalope Cocktail" from Snapple a few years back.

sodasommelier
05-09-2003, 12:21 AM
Ah, yes... alliteration! It's not a bad idea. Hey it's hard to believe that KanKing could come up with such catchy names if he regularly drinks from cans. Some group of doctors should czech this out; I'd venture forth to guess that he secretly doesn't drink from cans but is just using the name as a joke. But if he in fact drinks from cans and isn't getting forgetful and bland, then... well, this could be a medical breakthrough!

Hey Boris if those sodas are any good and in glass, I might even add them to our entourage (with your permission of course)!

KanKing
05-09-2003, 08:14 AM
I think Alu-Melon was my best idea.

sodasommelier
05-11-2003, 12:08 AM
Hey the Japanese already have an aluminum bottle of Melon soda!!!

How about glass-door refrigerators filled with delicious glass-bottled beverages???

teamtitan512
05-11-2003, 12:15 AM
Cool ideas! Definitely some creative new ideas, and those ideas should help to get you noticed. Who will be selling your products in the Richmond area? I'm in the area sometimes, and I'd love to try some of these exotic flavors.

Boris
05-11-2003, 09:23 AM
The only place I know I will be able to sell to at the moment is Ukrops. But I will also try and sell to people online through pop-soda dot com and soda-king dot com

KanKing
05-27-2003, 05:53 PM
This Boodoo fellow is onto something with the Cantelope flavor. You could call it Can-Telope.