PDA

View Full Version : cheerwine taste

doulasc
12-10-2006, 09:24 PM
It is best to drink cheerwine straight out of
the can or plastic bottle.
If you pour it over ice it dilutes the taste.
Does anyone agree?

Doug

[ 12-10-2006, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: doulasc ]

Blue Efficacy
12-11-2006, 04:01 AM
Ice melts and becomes water, which will dilute the taste of any beverage.

So of course I agree, despite the fact I have never tried cheerwine :(

Mr Zabe
12-11-2006, 05:30 AM
Once again...using rinsed ice makes for a very full tasting carbonated beverage.

This is the scientific explination of using rinsed rinsed to maintain the soda pop's full carbonation/flavor when poured into a cup/glass. As well this rinsing of the ice also removes any residual odors that can change the tasted of the soda pop.

All you need to do is load up your glass with ice. Pour cold water and fill the glass the as soon as it is filled, rinse out the water. Place your fingers over the top of the glass and tip the glass to clear the water out of the glass.

The ice remaining now has been primed for your soda pleasure. How does this work, you may ask. The surface tension of the ice is what makes poured soda pop fizz up. By reducing the surface tension (rinsing the ice) the poured soda pop will for the most part not fizz up. You get a stronger carbonation and no soda pop is wasted.
(IMO, the flavor notes of the soda pop remain the same.)

As for the odor of the ice. That's hard to prove other than it sounds scientific. LOL

Just tilt you glass and pour your soda pop over the rinsed ice. The rest is oh so good.

[ 12-11-2006, 04:37 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

BottleBoss
12-11-2006, 09:19 AM
HHHHmmmmmm. Someone drinks a lot of soda to figure that out. Or was that a government research groups findings at a tax payer cost of several million dollars? smile.gif

Dr. dnL
12-11-2006, 10:51 AM
Cheerwine is not as carbonated as it's other brethren, so pouring it over ice does, to me, give it a flat, diluted taste. I, like Doug, prefer it straight out of the can or bottle.

upinarms
12-23-2006, 02:21 PM
This is really true.

I was in North Carolina visiting family last week and knowing my love for Cheerwine, they stocked up on 2 liters.

Unfortunately, they don't refrigerate their soda, and leave it out, pouring it on ice when they drink it.

I was pretty dissapointed, there was no room in their fridge, so I had to drink it over ice during my stay. It dilutes it a lot and its just not the same. Whenever I'd get a chance to go out, I'd pick up a can or 20 oz bottle.

Unfortunately, last visit I drove to NC and was able to bring home TONS of Cheerwine after the grueling 18 hr drive home. However, we flew this time and for my luggage's sake, I only brought a 2 liter back home with me. :/

CitrusCola
12-24-2006, 10:17 AM
I think that Cheerwine tastes much better out of a cold glass bottle.