PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember Josta?

iluvsurge220
04-05-2005, 01:07 AM
About 10 years ago I was in western KY and I remember buying a pop called josta. The bottle wrapper was marroon and gold colored and I think it had a panther or something on it. I don't remember exactly what it tasted like but I know I liked it. Does anyone know if they still make that anywhere? If so, I'd like to hear from you soon.

BottleBoss
04-06-2005, 05:18 PM
I did not like it at all. I thought it tasted like tar. (moxie?)

iluvsurge220
04-07-2005, 01:04 AM
What kind of pop exactly was it supposed to taste like? It seems like it had some kind of awkward fruit flavor to it, but then again I only tasted it one time about 10 years ago so I dont remember. Did Cocacola or Pepsi make that pop or was it someone else? Also, do you know how long it lasted?

mickstafa
04-08-2005, 01:24 AM
Guana (sp?) soda or something. It was ok, kind of Moxie-tasting to me. I think it was by Coke. And no, it is not made and any bottles of it remaining are very rare. There are some Josta fans around this board usually.

KevinGrevey
04-11-2005, 11:15 AM
I live in KY, and in high school, the Josta truck pulled up into the school parking lot and started handing out free samples to everyone. The entire school was wired for the rest of the week, bouncing off the walls.

ecliptic
04-12-2005, 10:04 PM
I miss Josta. :(

yipching
04-13-2005, 10:27 AM
Josta, by Pepsi, tasted like a cross between Sobe Dragonfruit beverage and Bawls... Very fruity and exotic - and very addicting.

There is a website dedicated to forcing a comeback:

http://www.savejosta.com

[ 04-13-2005, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: yipching ]

KevinGrevey
04-13-2005, 03:31 PM
That's really funny. I can't believe people are that committed to saving Josta.

iluvsurge220
04-15-2005, 12:37 AM
Thats some cool stuff. I'm not really committed to saving it. I mean I thought it was some good stuff, but not something that I would drink every day. Though I vaguely remember it, Josta was just a really unique and different kind of pop. It tasted like something you would find in the rainforest or somewhere like that. I didn't realize that so many people know so much about Josta. I'm the only person in my area that remembers it. It's cool to know that you all are into this stuff as much as I am.

ardecila
04-28-2005, 09:45 PM
Actually, I drink a Brazilian drink called "Antartica" (yes, that's spelled correctly). It's also a guarana drink, but it's not meant as a stimulation-type beverage like Josta was.

I think it's better, personally. :D

steveu
05-07-2005, 06:26 PM
Oh, man, Josta ruled. I'm a member of that group (haven't participated much, but ...). As you can see by my avatar, it's my all-time fave.

Yeah, it tasted weird. Almost like carbonated cough syrup or something. But I liked it and the caffeine/guarana combo did make you silly. A couple 20s back to back would get me rocking. I was really, really bummed when they cancelled it.