PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else use their fridge as a personal vending machine?

Softdrinker
01-06-2006, 04:30 AM
Here are a good list of most of my favorite soft drinks:

Fresca
Fresca Black Cherry
Canada Dry ginger ale
Schweppes ginger ale
IBC root beer
Barqs root beer
Barqs creme soda
Dr Browns Black Cherry soda(cant find it any more though)

As you can see, my favorites do not include Coke, Pepsi, 7up, Sprite, Mountain Dew, etc.

Most of my favorites are soft drink that you dont usually find in vending machines, on restaurant menus, etc.

Sooooo, my little "vice" is that when I am at home...doggonit...I AM GOING TO HAVE THE SOFT DRINKS I LIKE THE BEST!

And as a result, my refridgerator is basically my own personal vending machine. Two complete shelves...I'm not kidding...are usually devoted to my personal favorite soft drinks.

Hey...a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do!

Anyone else do the same thing?

Mike

Mr Zabe
01-06-2006, 07:35 AM
When it comes to my daily fridge soda pops I'm a loyal Big Three drinker. I was raised on Big Three,I drank them at all sorts of sporting events, got drunk with them in college and I savored them when I was down to my last handful of change. smile.gif (I was dirt poor for a good 10 years after I got my first apartment.)

My fridge has usually four of the following soda pops stored on the entire bottom shelf four 12pks or 2 cubes. I also sort of hide 6 or so emergency cans on the door. LOL

Pepsi
Dr Pepper
7up
Mountain Dew
Coke Classic
Welch's Grape
Canfields Plain Seltzer Water
Dannon Spring Water

[ 01-06-2006, 07:42 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

raresoda20
01-06-2006, 11:54 AM
u guys like all the orginal stuff for me:

DNL
mountian dew live wire
cherry vanilla dr.pepper
vault
surge
berry clear sprite remix
red fusion
pepsi blue

Android
01-06-2006, 01:40 PM
My fridge doesn't have much of anything in it except soda pop! Here's a pic as of 10 minutes ago:

-Andy

http://members.trainorders.com/android/Pepsi/fridge.jpg

Mr Zabe
01-06-2006, 01:52 PM
OMG....You are a soda pop freak. :D
You have quiet a shrine. LOL

Do you ever eat solid food? LOL

Nick Laugher
01-06-2006, 03:27 PM
I have a bar fridge always stocked with energy drinks.

drpep
01-06-2006, 07:10 PM
Wow, I thought mine was bad.

Hollow Man
01-06-2006, 07:58 PM
Pop and a huge tub of Country Crock. Hilarious.

-HM

Android
01-06-2006, 08:38 PM
hey, I DO eat solid food. Too darn much of it! :D But most of that is in the freezer or in the cupboard. lol

andy

DJ HawaiianShirt
01-06-2006, 09:00 PM
How hard is it for you to still find Pepsi Edge?

SEV smile.gif

redchucks219
01-06-2006, 09:01 PM
Andy your fridge is my dream! By the way does anyone know where to buy real vending machines, used or new?

Softdrinker
01-07-2006, 02:45 AM
Android,

Good grief, you actually have MY fridge beat!

MrZabe,

Do you ever eat solid food? LOLCourse he does! Didnt you see the Country Crock tub?

He sits around and eats spoonfulls Country Crock margarine and drinks soda pop! :D

Mike

Android
01-07-2006, 06:54 AM
Darnit, I knew I should have taken out that tub of Country Crock! tongue.gif (Sam's Club size, ya know)

Here is this better? (quickie photoshop job) :D ;)

http://members.trainorders.com/android/Pepsi/fridge2.jpg

Mr Nethead
01-07-2006, 07:42 AM
Let's all go to Andy's house! I call dibs on a Dad's Root Beer.

Mr Zabe
01-07-2006, 01:07 PM
I'll be glad to suck back those bottles of Pepsi glass. Heck I'll even give you double the deposit back.LOL

[ 01-07-2006, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

billygtexas
01-07-2006, 06:17 PM
My Uncle uses an old Sears Kenmore Fridge in his garage to keep all his pop in. It's right by the door for easy "grab and slam" access..

Nice collection Andy, but I'd dump the Pepsi One, nasty stuff, ugh. BTW how old is that old Sprite bottle in the back of the top row? BTW where do you store your food?

Android
01-07-2006, 08:49 PM
I dont' eat much food that needs to be refridgerated. You can tell I'm single eh? mostly frozen stuff for the oven or microwavable stuff that does not need to be kept chilled.

Hey, Pepsi One, I like that stuff, the old formula was nasty but the new is one of the few Splenda products I like. I have some Diet 7-up in there, which has Splenda, but I have those mostly for work, where I prefer to have PET bottles. If I could get diet Sprite in PET half liters I would never buy Diet 7-up again, it's a shadow of its former aspartame self.

-Andy

BottleBoss
01-07-2006, 09:10 PM
1. Where did you get the Sprite in returnables?
2. You can buy actual Coke machines on Ebay for under $600.00. In working shape as well. I talking about the old kind that dispense bottles. Thats where I got mine. Square topped kind though.

Android
01-07-2006, 09:36 PM
bottleboss - those Sprite bottles are from the Winona bottler in the "glass bottle.org" thread that you've posted to. And I bought them at the IGA grocery store downtown in Winona MN.

-Andy

[ 01-08-2006, 02:06 AM: Message edited by: Android ]