PDA

View Full Version : Cheerwine

Splashofdew
12-11-2006, 03:56 PM
You guy's are always talking about this stuff and I had never tasted it or heard of it for that matter.Never seen it here in Minnesota.I went to the website and saw what the can looks like,and I was wondering what does it taste like? It says cherry. But is it like brown like Cherry Coke or is Cherry flavored and clear like 7up or is it clear and red like cherry 7up? I would like to try it but don't feel like calling long distance to get it.Anyone know where I can get it without calling Duluth or the other numbers in Minnesota? Also I am not really a fan of 7up if it tastes like that so I wouldn't like it.However if it's sweet like cherry Coke I'm all for it.

[ 12-11-2006, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: Splashofdew ]

Rob The SURGE Drinker
12-11-2006, 04:48 PM
its different from all of those sodas listed. its actually very hard to describe, it is a deep burgandy red(if i have one tonight, i will take a picture to show how red), and is described on the can as a Wild cherry flavor, and it is very smooth tasting when icy cold. if you ever see some in a store sometime, i would suggest buying it. according to this map: ( http://www.cheerwine.com/index.cfm?event=getNearYou ) it is available some places in MN. that ,although that map has been wrong a couple of times)

fusion
12-11-2006, 04:57 PM
Bernick's Pepsi in St. Cloud (well, Waite Park) has Cheerwine.

http://www.bernicks.com/

You can email them on the site - click on "contacts."

It's a cherry soda. Not a cherry lemon-lime like Cherry 7Up, or a cherry cola like Cherry Coke.

Splashofdew
12-12-2006, 01:47 AM
I saw a pic of some in a glass but hard to tell what color of red.Thanks for the input everyone.Maybe I will find it and buy some.

Blue Efficacy
12-12-2006, 04:48 AM
I've actually been tempted to go up to St. Cloud to try some...

iowacity
12-12-2006, 10:57 PM
It's not really that hard to describe -- like Dr Pepper with more cherry.

Dr. dnL
12-13-2006, 09:10 AM
....ummmmm......not really, iowacity.....

upinarms
12-23-2006, 01:24 PM
It is slightly reminiscent of Dr Pepper, more so than Cherry Coke at least.

I think of it as sort of a less carbonated, extra cherry Dr Pepper with a smoother finish and no bite.