PDA

View Full Version : Official Pepsi V.s. Coke Thread

hightyto
12-11-2006, 07:00 PM
Ok, there have been punches thrown in about every post on this message board from pepsi lovers to coke lovers and vise versa. I am making this thread so that all can be talked about here. This thread, though, should not be fighting, but arguing in a peacfull and civilized manner.

Just to state, which you all probably know by my signature, i like pepsi more, but dont get me wrong, i like coke some too.

Blue Efficacy
12-11-2006, 10:54 PM
I used to be a Pepsi fanboy, but ever since that fateful day when I rewarded my curiosity with the then new vanilla Coke, I've been a Coke drinker.

popologist
12-11-2006, 11:11 PM
coke zero.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
12-12-2006, 12:21 AM
Coca-Cola and its products... period.

Mr Zabe
12-12-2006, 01:55 AM
Pepsi IMO is sweeter and has softer flavor notes that seem to please my taste buds better than Coke. smile.gif

[ 12-12-2006, 01:55 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Splashofdew
12-12-2006, 02:01 AM
Pepsi

XLS_04
12-12-2006, 02:53 AM
Depends on the taste of the product. I think Pepsi does a better job with flavored soda's than Coke (especially in their flavored cola line). I like Coca-Cola and Sprite though.

iluvsurge220
12-12-2006, 11:05 AM
I like both. I like Pepsi's sweeter smoother taste over Coca-Cola's bitterness, and I loved Pepsi Vanilla, Cherry, and Blue over Coke's other flavors. I like Mello Yello and its past extensions and Vault much better than Mountain Dew and its extensions. I also like Sprite better than 7-up but I really don't drink them that much. I consider myself to be a Coke fan, i don't really know why because I seem to favor about the same number of products from each. I guess its just because I grew up in a family that drinks Coke.

BluejacketT
12-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Coke. Regular Pepsi taste bitter to me now. Most of the Coke products taste better than the Pepsi products.

popologist
12-12-2006, 12:40 PM
i think it's all a matter of taste(buds).

some people prefer the stronger flavor of coke (that's my description) and others the sweeter taste of pepsi.

for the most part, i drink coke products (though mostly i drink coke zero). i think the main reason is that my family drank coke growing up, and then pepsi put out those commercials that kind of insulted coke drinkers... and i think that solidified people's preference, one way or the other. they sort of made it personal.

it's the same reason i don't usually buy products made by apple. i find their commercials condescending and mean-spirited, and it's a turn-off to me. i've heard others say the same thing.

so, in the end, it may not come down to taste at all. smile.gif

fusion
12-12-2006, 06:16 PM
It also depends a LOT on the production facility. Just about anything from PBG in southeastern VA tastes terrible. They even screw up Dr Pepper.

y0g1bare
12-13-2006, 05:10 AM
Pepsi is sweeter and lighter than coke to my taste buds. My main beverage is diet pepsi, but I used to enjoy diet vanilla coke when it was available.

ColaFan
12-13-2006, 08:59 PM
Pepsi One gets my vote :)

David J.
12-13-2006, 09:03 PM
I'm funny as I prefer Cane Sugar Pepsi over Cane Sugar Coke, BUT I prefer HFCS Coke, over HFCS Pepsi.

With that said, I like both drinks, when I dined at KFC on monday, I washed my food down with a Pepsi, over Mountain Dew and it was darned tasty.

Flavored colas, like vanilla, lime, lemon, etc I prefer the Pepsi versions.

CStoreCatMan
12-14-2006, 11:51 AM
I bleed blue! LOL :D

JACK
12-14-2006, 01:46 PM
If I had to choose, I would not choose either. I dont drink Colas....

Diet Dr Pepper would be my choice

greg
12-14-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by JACK:
If I had to choose, I would not choose either. I dont drink Colas....

Diet Dr Pepper would be my choice Technically, isn't the Dr Pepper brands considered "colas"

pepsidew
12-14-2006, 05:12 PM
pepsi - overall better producting, meaning i like them more then coke products

SumPoosieCat
12-14-2006, 05:52 PM
I am not a fan of either... they are the McDonalds of the beverage business. They have both proven that quality means little and its ALL about the bottom line. The success of a company is measured by more than just its bottom line.

Like I said on another thread... I have just discovered Boylan's sweetened with Pure Cane Sugar. I have yet to find a flavor I don't love.
Thank goodness for Giant Eagle they carry a lot of great beverages.

JACK
12-14-2006, 08:21 PM
No Dr Pepper is not a cola. Does not contain cola it just looks like them...

SumPoosieCat
12-14-2006, 09:13 PM
If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

hightyto
12-14-2006, 09:57 PM
lol

jdavidb
12-20-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm with Jack. I don't like colas. I drink the flavored varieties, and I even drink plain cola for variety now and then (or when I want to go real cheap and all I can get is Diet Sam's Cola). But the idea of having a favorite cola makes no sense to my tastebuds, because cola is just what you drink when you don't care what you're drinking. I can tell the difference between coke and pepsi -- I just don't care. smile.gif