PDA

View Full Version : Cheerwine has arrived in Minnesota

ithastabeshasta
04-08-2005, 01:32 PM
smile.gif Found in Cambridge Minnesota at the County Market grocery store, Cheerwine in regular and Diet. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed it. The local Pepsi Bottler is distributing it.

I suppose this means Dr Slice is gone for good :(

teamtitan512
04-09-2005, 02:09 AM
Wow...Cheerwine in Minnesota now. Of course, try finding some in MD. Nonexistent still here. Of course, we're a lot closer.

gregmech26
04-09-2005, 04:38 AM
I hope it comes to Detroit so I can try this stuff!

jblavit
04-09-2005, 07:12 PM
Does this mean it will come into Minneapolis or just out in the small towns?

ithastabeshasta
04-09-2005, 08:00 PM
Since the Pepsi bottler for Minneapolis has the Dr Pepper brand I doubt it will come there. Cambridge is served by a different Pepsi bottler that doesn't have the Dr Pepper brand.

BottleBoss
04-10-2005, 05:06 PM
Hey Teamtitan. A place in Charlestown WV, that restores old soda machines has Cheerwine in the glass bottles. They are only open to the public on saturday though. www.BITW.com (http://www.BITW.com) should give you information about them. They don't list sodas on the website though. They have sold sodas to me in the past even though that isn't their normal line of business. They keep them for their soda machine customers.

[ 04-10-2005, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: BottleBoss ]

Shatter
06-25-2005, 12:13 AM
When I was in Tulsa, Oklahoma, I was suprised to find Cheerwine in all the convenience stores. I didn't go into a grocery store to see if they had 12-packs. I was in Oklahoma last year, and they didn't have any Cheerwine, so it's got to be something new.

I'm sad to say that it looks like Cheerwine is gone from Beaumont, Texas. I passed through yesterday, and couldn't find it. That sucked. I don't drink too many sodas anymore, but I would have loved to get some Cheerwine.

Look In The Tunk
06-25-2005, 12:21 AM
It seems that in the Hampton Roads area of Va, Food Lion has exclusive rights to Cheerwine. They even have Cheerwine ice cream and sherbert for sale there.

NewColaLover
07-10-2005, 08:52 PM
I am visiting Minneapolis in two weeks, are there any stores that sell Cheerwine?

ithastabeshasta
07-10-2005, 09:51 PM
Not in minneapolis as that territories Pepsi bottle has Dr Pepper you would need to go about 1 hour north of Minneapolis to find it. The county market store on highway 95 in cambridge sells it.

jblaviback
07-11-2005, 12:14 AM
Yeah, I was visiting Duluth and went into a little convenience store checked out the soda section and there they had it CHEERWINE! It was quite good.

BottleBoss
07-11-2005, 09:46 AM
I'v seen Cheerwine along route 81 in southern Virginia, but thats it. None up further.

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-11-2005, 06:39 PM
isn't it wis-pak that's making cheerwine now for the midwest?

rumor has it that it is in michigan, but i think that's only the UP, where indie pepsi bottlers purchase from wis-pak and not from mainland michigan PBG bottlers.

ithastabeshasta
07-11-2005, 07:42 PM
Yes it is done by Wis-Pak.

HomeGrown
07-11-2005, 09:53 PM
Forgive me for sounding stupid but what dose cheerwine taste like? i'm on the westcoast and have never trid it. I hard one rumor that it tasts like Dr. Slice is that true?. And also i'm going to wisconsin in about 2 weeks i'm prity sure they have it but is it all over or just in small parts.

ithastabeshasta: sorry for taken over your thread

bigrich
07-12-2005, 12:23 AM
Cheerwine is in Indiana, but not by WIS-PAK since they do DR Pepper for Independant bottlers here. I have only seen it in All-American Beverage territory here.