PDA

View Full Version : Cool Mountain made by Dr Pepper?

Shatter
05-14-2003, 12:47 AM
I bought a bottle of Cool Mountain Watermelon, and the crown cap says 'Produced by Dr Pepper Bottling Co. of West Jefferson, NC.' What's going on there? I thought Cool Mountain was out of Illinois. And I assumed they would own their own bottling facilities.

Willbev
05-14-2003, 09:03 AM
West Jeff is dist. for most of south.

fusion
05-14-2003, 02:12 PM
West Jeff produces a lot of longnecks. I've seen them being distributed by a 4th tier in the Philadelphia area, as well as a Canada Dry bottler in the Baltimore area. RC, A&W, and so on.

There's money to be made in copacking and distributing, so I guess they're doing that for Cool Mountain.

bigbottom
05-14-2003, 03:16 PM
Dr Pepper of West Jefferson owns the franchise rights for Cool Mountain for the South mostly from Texas to Florida and south of Kentucky. They are a true gem you don't meet people like the Vannoy family anymore in this business.

By the way Cool Mountain also has a franchise agreement for all of Canada with Clarus Canadian bottling in Manitoba Canada which is owned by the brother of the former minister of foreign affairs for Canada.

They also have a plant in Chicago and working with another bottler in California.

These guys have been on fire as of late burning the heals of 2nd fastest growing category only to energy drinks of which gourmet sodas have been on an up hill climb for 10 straight years just ask Stewarts. Slow and steady wins the race. Kind of the tortoise and the hare and we all know who the hare is.

Peace ;)

shawn2
05-14-2003, 07:08 PM
Gee, Big you sound like you are close to this company! Hey where is that link we spoke about??!! And I need to e-you privately about our favorite distributor. Finally, we took you advise about speciality wholesale we haven't done any ad yet but have about 2 dozen inquiries from the east. would like to work on ways to plug CM into the mix.

Oh, I wholly agree the West Jeff folks are way cool to do business with... refreshing.

Shawn

KanKing
05-15-2003, 01:26 PM
Cool Mountain doesn't have that Jones Soda type of flavor does it? If not, where is it available here in this great state of Maryland?

ben
03-24-2004, 12:50 AM
i only byr dr.pepper from coca-cola