PDA

View Full Version : My trip to DP at West Jefferson today

Alan11
04-14-2005, 08:26 PM
I had the day off, the weather was nice and I had my tax refund check so I figured what the heck. I left this morning headed down route 221 and made it to west jefferson in about 3 hours.

I walked in and talked to the front desk receptionist, very nice lady, she goes and gets a warehouse guy and he takes me around back. He also is a very nice gentleman, asks me where I am from and how did I find out about them. We have some small talk and he asks me what do I want. I am not 100% sure so he says no problem lets walk around and you pick out what you want.

The warehouse is about the size of a football field, I end up getting 4 cases of Dr. Pepper and a case of Cheerwine.

He told me they only bottle the longnecks and 2 liters at their plant which both of them are made with cane sugar, the cans they order directly from pepsi. They didn't have any 2 liters due to the high demand for the longnecks or I would have bought quite a few. Cane sugar 2 liters at least we know they make them.

They probably had 30 different varities of longnecks for sale, it took everything to get those 5 cases in my trunk.

One cool thing they have is all the drinks they sell are available to purchase as singles in 2 drink machines in the warehouse. They cost 50 cents each and yes they are the 12 oz longnecks.

I had a great time driving down there to get the drinks, West Jefferson and that entire region is very laid back and the people there more than go out of their way to make you feel welcome. I highly recommend the trip if your within driving distance. Thanks for letting me share with you all.

Dr. Galaga
04-14-2005, 09:16 PM
Neat, where you able to see the bottling operation? I just picked up a few cases of their Mt. Dew from a place this weekend - paid more than 50 cents each though.

Alan11
04-14-2005, 09:18 PM
No I wasn't Galaga, I should have asked though. I forgot to add the cases were 14.50 per 24, the loose drinks were for sampling in case you weren't sure what you wanted. 5 cases with North Carolina sales tax cost me 77.50

Dr. Galaga
04-14-2005, 10:42 PM
I paid almost twice that, of course I bought them just outside of Chicago.

BottleBoss
04-15-2005, 09:58 AM
Do you remember exactly what other flavors they have?

Alan11
04-15-2005, 07:33 PM
off the top of my head they had and these are bottled longnecks

nehi numerous flavors
dr and diet dr pepper
rc cola
cheerwine and diet cheerwine
sun drop
mountain dew i think
a & w rootbeer
some apple drink in a green bottle
sunkist i think
7-up

If I can think of anymore I will post them, the guy told me nobody in that area has seen regular cherry vanilla dp only diet, i wish i would have brought them a 2 ltr from home.

drpep
04-15-2005, 07:55 PM
They should have Mt Dew and Sunkist. Do you remember if they had Welchs Grape? Cool Mountain?

Alan11
04-15-2005, 08:52 PM
welch's i can't remember, cool mountain is a maybe. I just remember nehi sticking out as the multiple flavored ones.

I was more like a kid in a candy store seeing 25 foot piles of bottled drinks all around me. I just wished that they had some cane sugar 2 liters yesterday.

bigrich
04-17-2005, 12:29 AM
They also bottle Diet Dew & Red Rock Cola.

Alan11
04-17-2005, 09:44 AM
thanks rich, next time i go down there i will definitely take a pen and paper and write all the different kinds they have.

drpep
10-31-2005, 08:18 PM
Bumped for the person who was asking about West Jefferson.

01GTB
10-31-2005, 10:10 PM
ahhh, thank you!

iluvsurge220
10-31-2005, 10:11 PM
Where exactly is this place? I'd like to go.

drpep
11-01-2005, 10:09 AM
North Carolina, in the Northwest part. North of Boone, east of Johnson City,Tn; west of Winston Salem.

iluvsurge220
11-01-2005, 10:33 AM
All right thanks then. That's kind of far away for me but I might have to make a trip down there sometime.