PDA

View Full Version : Soda's that need and dont need label updates

PepsiBlue
04-18-2005, 08:55 AM
Soda ;abels gets changed Id say roughly every 5 years, well most of them, but yet there is some soda's that still have labels from god knows when, and some look good still!
Sprite - still with the 1993 label, and yet it doesnt look outdated, I say keep it unless they wanna use teh sprite logo from the first remix
Barq's - can you imagine barq's looking any different?
Wink - this looks outdated and needs a change
Mountain Dew Code Red - I have yet to see if this soda got a new label yet with the other dew's I hope so cause if it doesn't that means no more code-red

XLS_04
04-18-2005, 10:53 AM
Sprite in every other country has the new logo. We are the only country that has the old logo still for some reason.

Adirondack - same logo since 1995, needs update
Polar Beverages - also needs updating
Barq's - used to actually be red instead of silver, would be nice if they updated it, however it does not look too bad.

Also Fanta could use an update, for some reason it seems very European to me. Actually Fanta never really had a good logo now that I think about it.

BottleBoss
04-18-2005, 04:11 PM
I think they should bring back those 70's looks. YEA!!

Dr. Galaga
04-18-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by BottleBoss:
I think they should bring back those 70's looks. YEA!! There's nothing wrong with the 70's?
http://www2.coca-cola.com/brands/img/brands_left_tab.jpg

I rest my case! :D

[ 04-18-2005, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: Dr. Galaga ]

fusion
04-18-2005, 08:50 PM
Fresca needs a makeover BADLY.

Sprite did a few limited edition makeovers.. with the camo cans and the recent clear bottle/Lebron graphic 2L/1L.. talk about mass confusion.

I actually like the look of the new 20oz Miles Thirst UTC bottles.

fusion
04-18-2005, 08:51 PM
Also, Pepsi should dump the dumb bulldog off of the Mug packaging.

I also don't care for the newer Seagram's graphics. It's too easy to confuse Ginger Ale and Diet Ginger Ale. They should use a fully white box/label with the Seagram's logo on it for the Diet, like Canada Dry does.

[ 04-18-2005, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

BottleBoss
04-19-2005, 08:22 AM
Anyone gluing a paper labal on the front of a glass bottle needs to update. Except the Big Bens sodas. There is a reason they do it.

drpep
04-19-2005, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
And upset the old folks who are keeping it alive? They hate change. :rolleyes:

fusion
04-19-2005, 09:18 PM
True.. They sure did bitch and moan when Diet Sprite was changed. Some swore they changed the formula as well (which they didn't).

Fresca is also huge with the Hispanic population.

pepsidew
05-01-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by PepsiBlue:
Soda ;abels gets changed Id say roughly every 5 years, well most of them, but yet there is some soda's that still have labels from god knows when, and some look good still!
Sprite - still with the 1993 label, and yet it doesnt look outdated, I say keep it unless they wanna use teh sprite logo from the first remix
Barq's - can you imagine barq's looking any different?
Wink - this looks outdated and needs a change
Mountain Dew Code Red - I have yet to see if this soda got a new label yet with the other dew's I hope so cause if it doesn't that means no more code-red it would be stupid not to change all the dew brands to reflect the new design - i think it will happen, it may however take some time for the bottles to get rid of the old packaging design as they probably have alot of those sitting around.

buzzcut
05-04-2005, 07:28 PM
Barq's and Sprite have occasionally gotten changes.. but they are ever so slight. Only noticeable to can collectors like me.

Coke needs to have a newer version of the 1984 "Coke" label, make it with sugar, and ditch the "Classic" bull****.

I actually like that old Tab logo.. I love the old 70's Mello Yello logo, but their last big update was pretty good.

Vernor's needs a complete makeover. Same with Minute Maid.

It's been a while since I saw a Double Cola, but I didn't like the new design when I saw it.

I could design much better logos for a lot of these companies.

fusion
05-04-2005, 07:38 PM
Minute Maid sodas are dead. The Minute Maid noncarbs (lemonade, fruit punch, etc), are getting made over this year. I am already seeing 20oz and 2L yellow with the new labels.

Sea bass
05-04-2005, 08:52 PM
I'm not sure how Vanilla Coke looks in the States, but a serious change is needed in Canada!!

fusion
05-04-2005, 09:17 PM
It looks terrible in the US as well. I never liked the graphics from the beginning. Diet Vanilla is getting a makeover.. why not Vanilla? It sure could use one.

ramonazo
05-05-2005, 01:55 AM
Coke needs to have a newer version of the 1984 "Coke" label, make it with sugar, and ditch the "Classic" bull****.[/QB]For me, the Coca-Cola graphics are fine, the new spencerian script, the modern wave, this graphs are good, but I'm agree that they have to use another type of sugar.

mjb1124
05-05-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by dr pepperman:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by fusion:
And upset the old folks who are keeping it alive? They hate change. :rolleyes: </font>[/QUOTE]Actually, the current Fresca graphics are newer than the current Sprite graphics, for what it's worth.