PDA

View Full Version : We just had our 2006 Coca-Cola Sales Rally

DMC
01-10-2006, 09:42 PM
wow. this will be a BUSY year. first of all, all the packaging is changing. there will be a new look for Coca-Cola, a new look for Sprite, (which is AWESOME) a new look for Barqs and the Fanta flavors, and of course the new packaging that has already been in place for fresca, and cherry coke. the new 12-pack packaging for coca-cola and diet coke will look like the cherry coke packaging. pretty much everything will go to that kind of packaging, including coke zero.

Dr. Pepper will also be getting a new facelift. they're new logo will resemble the Dr. Pepper Berries and Cream font. also, in July or August, we will be distributing Pure Cane Dr. Pepper in glass bottles for about a 3 month cycle.

Back to Coca-Cola, along with our new flavors coming out such as Coke Blak, this summer, with the re-launch and face-lift of Sprite, we will be releasing a new Sprite flavor. (surprise!) they haven't settled on a name yet, but it will have a cinnamon and menthol flavor to it. kind of like how mountain dew baja blast has a menthol flavor.

Coca-Cola will also release a new Powerade flavor, called grape. also, we will be expanding our Dasani water line-up with Dasani Sensations, which will be carbonated flavored water and flavors consisting of lemon and mixed berry. Also, we will be expanding the regular Dasani brand water, and releasing white grape to go along with our raspberry, lemon, and strawberry waters.

probably one of the most things i'm most excited about is our new look, and re-launch of or nestea line-up. it will be an improved taste, and FINALLY, we will have a line-up of several herbal teas! i'm so sick and tired of having customers ask me about herbal teas! and finally, by this summer, we will get them.

also, they're saying that if vault takes off like they want it too, mello yello will more than likely be defunked. but it all depends on how vault does. if it does well enough, good-bye mello-yello.

that's all i got for now. i'm sure i'm missing a few things. i'll try and find the new sprite logo, it is just slick.

pepsidew
01-10-2006, 10:00 PM
sierra mist is getting new graphics too

Mr Zabe
01-10-2006, 10:51 PM
Outstanding thanks for the heads up.
It's very cool to get some inside news about what's going on. We have a lot to look fowards to.

fusion
01-10-2006, 10:55 PM
Actually, there was a grape Powerade before -- back in the mid 90's, before Jagged Ice. I still think jagged ice is quite grape-ish.

There was also a limited edition Nascar Grape in the Courtney bottle.

XLS_04
01-11-2006, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by DMC:
all the packaging is changing. there will be a new look for Coca-Cola, a new look for Sprite, (which is AWESOME) a new look for Barqs and the Fanta flavors, and of course the new packaging that has already been in place for fresca, and cherry coke. the new 12-pack packaging for coca-cola and diet coke will look like the cherry coke packaging. pretty much everything will go to that kind of packaging, including coke zero.So you are saying Coca-Cola is changing the graphics that they released in 2003? Or are they just changing the fridgepack graphics but leaving the cans and the bottles the same?

As far as Sprite and Barq's they were in major need of a new logo.

popologist
01-11-2006, 05:52 AM
sounds good.

am i the only one looking forward to trying coke blak? smile.gif

pepsidew
01-11-2006, 06:38 AM
yes

popologist
01-11-2006, 08:55 AM
did they say anything about coke zero's sales? last i heard it was already at about 1% market share and growing at an 18% clip (from sept to november).

i don't want them to take it away! cuz there's no way i'm going back to diet coke! bleh!

[ 01-11-2006, 07:55 AM: Message edited by: popologist ]

DMC
01-11-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by XLS_04:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by DMC:
all the packaging is changing. there will be a new look for Coca-Cola, a new look for Sprite, (which is AWESOME) a new look for Barqs and the Fanta flavors, and of course the new packaging that has already been in place for fresca, and cherry coke. the new 12-pack packaging for coca-cola and diet coke will look like the cherry coke packaging. pretty much everything will go to that kind of packaging, including coke zero.So you are saying Coca-Cola is changing the graphics that they released in 2003? Or are they just changing the fridgepack graphics but leaving the cans and the bottles the same?

As far as Sprite and Barq's they were in major need of a new logo. </font>[/QUOTE]new 12-pack design, sorry about that. the cans may change, i don't know. they didn't say, and they didn't have a can on display, just the box.

as far as coke-zero, it's not going anywhere.

karks88
01-11-2006, 05:40 PM
I'm pleasantly surprised that they are revamping the Barq's logo. It's nice to know that they still care about the brand!

DMC
01-15-2006, 09:30 PM
yeah, it's a pretty tight design too. i wish i could find photos of the new barqs and sprite, but to no avail so far.

jblaviback
01-16-2006, 01:04 AM
also, in July or August, we will be distributing Pure Cane Dr. Pepper in glass bottles for about a 3 month cycle.
I'm surprised no one mentioned this, this will be awsome.

ramonazo
01-16-2006, 08:00 PM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by XLS_04:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by DMC:

As far as Sprite and Barq's they were in major need of a new logo. </font>[/QUOTE]new 12-pack design, sorry about that. the cans may change, i don't know. they didn't say, and they didn't have a can on display, just the box.

as far as coke-zero, it's not going anywhere. </font>[/QUOTE]Man! You freaked me out! LOL

Coca-Cola has a great logo! it deserves a long life!

But, it's true that U.S. Sprite will change the logo at last?

[ 01-16-2006, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

DMC
01-16-2006, 08:06 PM
yeah, it's true. it's hard to explain, but the logo is of a lime and lemon, and they're cut up to make a cool looking "S"...it's hard to explain, obviously.

ramonazo
01-16-2006, 08:11 PM
yeah, it's true. it's hard to explain, but the logo is of a lime and lemon, and they're cut up to make a cool looking "S"...it's hard to explain, obviously. Like this one?...

http://www.sonicbrandingsolutions.com/images/clients/sprite_logo.gif

DMC
01-16-2006, 08:41 PM
no, nowhere close. thanks for trying though.

imawalkingcorpse
01-17-2006, 12:48 AM
Anything on Mello Yello??

ramonazo
01-19-2006, 08:39 PM
DMC, as soon as you get the pictures or info of the new Sprite and Barq's design, and the new flavors, post them here please!

Thanx smile.gif

DMC
01-21-2006, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by imawalkingcorpse:
Anything on Mello Yello?? yeah, they're talking if Vault does well enough, Mello Yello will go bye-bye, Coca-Cola feels that Vault will more than likely take a good part of Mello Yello's marketshare. And all early indications point to Vault doing pretty good so far in test markets. We'll find out in February when it launches nationwide.

Ramon, i can do that.

ramonazo
01-21-2006, 07:07 PM
Thanx! smile.gif

amyers
02-08-2006, 12:26 AM
http://circeb.free.fr/img/Logo_Sprite.jpg

I've seen this floating around the internet.

CCE Girlie
02-08-2006, 10:49 PM
There is a new can for sprite, coke, and DP for 8oz. They all have "100 Calories" written in bold across the side of the can.
The new coke cherry looks VERY close to the regular classic can, "Cherry" is written write below the Classic.
They all look nice though.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
02-08-2006, 10:54 PM
i have seen the 8oz sprite cans with a new logo and 100 calories written on it

golee1
02-08-2006, 11:08 PM
Just got 'em in here too. Only on the Sprite so far.

fusion
02-08-2006, 11:34 PM
I saw some of the Coke ones, in a store around here. I believe Philadelphia still buys all their 8oz cans from CCBCC. Ours in Maryland come from CCE Needham Heights MA (NH).

CCE Girlie
02-10-2006, 12:10 AM
You will be getting your Tab Energy then from Needham.

ramonazo
02-10-2006, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by CCE Girlie:
There is a new can for sprite, coke, and DP for 8oz. They all have "100 Calories" written in bold across the side of the can. Like this one?
http://www.66mustang.net/ebaypics/100calories.gif

Does anybody have a pic of the new sprite can with the new logo?

[ 02-10-2006, 12:33 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

SURGE
02-10-2006, 03:17 AM
Ramon- (Sorry I'm not sure how to do the accent.)

If you look about halfway up the page you will see the new Sprite logo in amyers post.

ramonazo
02-10-2006, 11:17 AM
It's the same logo that appears in the 100 calories can?

fusion
02-10-2006, 10:01 PM
No. The 100 calorie Sprite cans look just like the Classic cans, designwise.. with the 1994 Sprite logo.

ramonazo
02-10-2006, 10:21 PM
awww :( ... I thought that those cans had the logo that mexican Sprite has...

[ 02-10-2006, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

CCE Girlie
02-11-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Ramón Coca-Colero:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by CCE Girlie:
There is a new can for sprite, coke, and DP for 8oz. They all have "100 Calories" written in bold across the side of the can. Like this one?
http://www.66mustang.net/ebaypics/100calories.gif

Does anybody have a pic of the new sprite can with the new logo? </font>[/QUOTE]Yes, that is it!

Acheron
02-11-2006, 09:50 PM
We have the 100 calorie cans around here.

Seems like manipulative marketing to me. I mean, if you're having a treat, than it really doesn't matter if it's a 100 calorie, 8 oz. can or a normal 12oz, 150 calorie can.

Somewhere there's going to be a person, who under normal circumstances would drink a solitary can and be happy, find themselves thirsty after the meager 8 ounces and go looking for more... like another 8 oz. can!

[ 02-11-2006, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: Acheron ]

Mr Zabe
02-11-2006, 10:13 PM
That person would be me,ROTFL. Only I would end up drinking 2 more 8oz cans to get my normal 2 can buzz. :cool:

[ 02-11-2006, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

fusion
02-12-2006, 12:09 AM
100 calories has been deemed the acceptable number of calories for a snack - hence the 100 calorie Nabisco products, the 100 calorie Keebler, 100 calorie Pringles, 100 calorie Goldfish, and so on.

The original Coke bottles were 6.5 ounces. We're just used to drinking a lot more, with our super duper big gulps and supersize sodas.

doug1885
02-22-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by jblaviback:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />also, in July or August, we will be distributing Pure Cane Dr. Pepper in glass bottles for about a 3 month cycle.
I'm surprised no one mentioned this, this will be awsome. </font>[/QUOTE]I wonder if they might bring back "Hot Dr Pepper" promotions. This works much better with the pure cane than the HFCS variety of DP. There aren't that many sodas that work *hot*, are there?

-Doug